Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"PORSCHE" deck lid decal-Singer/Magnus

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 12:33 PM
Don Nguyen
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I mainly do full car wraps, but if there's enough guys interested, I can try to see if I can make a couple of sets. Post up in this thread or shoot me a PM on here!
Old 04-14-2017, 12:54 PM
OMFS
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Nguyen
I mainly do full car wraps, but if there's enough guys interested, I can try to see if I can make a couple of sets. Post up in this thread or shoot me a PM on here!
PM'd you.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:22 PM
Supersonic964
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by banzaisan
Just installed mine from Car-bone. I decided to go with black on black. What do you think?
Im 100% in!
Old 04-14-2017, 11:41 PM
spartansix
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 223 Posts

If the sizing is right, I'd be interested too. Matte black, I think.

Can you do the reverse image like so?

Old 04-15-2017, 02:28 AM
Don Nguyen
Racer

Good thing I still have my factory trunk around and didn't put it in storage yet. I'll try to create something over the weekend and if I am not too swamped with work next week I'll try to get some pictures of it installed as well.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:38 PM
Supersonic964
Rennlist Member

Good thing I still have my factory trunk around and didn't put it in storage yet. I'll try to create something over the weekend and if I am not too swamped with work next week I'll try to get some pictures of it installed as well.
Awesome!! Can't wait to see the finished product.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:08 PM
OMFS
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Any update?
Old 04-29-2017, 10:59 PM
salty87
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 42 Posts

Interested...
Old 04-30-2017, 11:45 AM
Madturk
Three Wheelin'

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Also interested
Old 05-01-2017, 09:33 PM
Don Nguyen
Racer

Originally Posted by OMFS
Any update?
Been busy working on my 964 during my free time, but I'll go ahead and set some time aside tomorrow to make some up and post up some pictures for everyone who's interested in a set.
Old 05-03-2017, 12:58 AM
Don Nguyen
Racer

It's night time here and the only trunk I have access to is a spare one that's not mounted on the car, so these pictures are not going to be the prettiest, but hopefully you guys can see the design of the decal on the trunk well enough.

Interestingly enough, I already had the font made from a previous project, so I just had to size it accordingly.

Let me know what you guys think and if you're interested in a set, feel free to PM me on here.

*Edit* Also, just to note, the decal was just laid onto the trunk, so the spacing that I did isn't exactly even on all sides. For those who wanted the reverse outline done, like what Spartansix had posted, I can make those as well.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:12 PM
Supersonic964
Rennlist Member

It's night time here and the only trunk I have access to is a spare one that's not mounted on the car, so these pictures are not going to be the prettiest, but hopefully you guys can see the design of the decal on the trunk well enough.

Interestingly enough, I already had the font made from a previous project, so I just had to size it accordingly.

Let me know what you guys think and if you're interested in a set, feel free to PM me on here.

*Edit* Also, just to note, the decal was just laid onto the trunk, so the spacing that I did isn't exactly even on all sides. For those who wanted the reverse outline done, like what Spartansix had posted, I can make those as well.

Hey Don,

Thanks for taking the time out & taking this on. Much appreciated.
Here are my thoughts:
In my opinion, the decal needs minor tweaking. The Letters need to be more narrow & a touch smaller in scale/size. Font is great!!

Example: Pay close attention to the "S" and the "E" on the Singer car. They are different than your decal. There is very little space in between the curves of the "S" for example.
Thoughts?
Attached Images  
Old 05-03-2017, 02:11 PM
Vancleef
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I think he means to say "squish it" a bit more, so its not as tall with minimal space between. After that, it might need to be thickened just a tad. But you're on the right path! I'd be interested in purchasing one as well once made perfect.

-Vancleef
Old 05-03-2017, 02:58 PM
Don Nguyen
Racer

Width wise, I think it's going to be fairly close, since the trunk itself curves slightly on the sides, the distance between the decal lettering and the side edges of the trunk are constantly changing.

I went back and changed it up slightly based on what you were describing.

Old 05-03-2017, 03:01 PM
Supersonic964
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vancleef
I think he means to say "squish it" a bit more, so its not as tall with minimal space between. After that, it might need to be thickened just a tad. But you're on the right path! I'd be interested in purchasing one as well once made perfect.

-Vancleef
Yes, "Squish it" a bit more. I also agree that it's too tall. The Letters need to be more compressed so there is minimal space between as Vancleef said.
However I do think the thickness & font is just right. I wouldn't thicken it up anymore. It's pretty close though!

Quick Reply: "PORSCHE" deck lid decal-Singer/Magnus