964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Stuck seat motor?? I'm HALF ASSED

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 08:09 PM
Dr.Chris
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck seat motor?? I'm HALF ASSED

The rear seat cushion lift motor is only lifting on the right and not the left side. It torques the whole seat frame so I haven't used it since finding the problem. They are 12-way heated seats. Any ideas. HELP PLEASE
Old 01-21-2004, 12:28 AM
maverick
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I had a similar problem with the drivers seat, left rear worked but the right rear did not move. They are controled by a 'transmission' like PTO. If you feel under the seat you will find speedo type cables running from the motor/transmission (front of seat)out to the satalite screw jacks at the corners. This cable comes loose at the screw jacks thus dissconnecting them from the motor. Quick fix is to push cable into the jack as you manipulate the controls...gets you level!! Best fix is to pull the seat..watch the dash as you remove it!! Then secure the cables into the screw jack and it should work fine.
Maverick
Old 01-21-2004, 04:19 AM
emilios
Burning Brakes

Dr.Chris,

check this out, http://p-car.com/diy/seatshaft/ it's a DIY article on power seat driveshaft replacement.

Good luck

Emilios
Old 01-23-2004, 06:29 PM
Dr.Chris
Advanced

Best fix was to pull the seats as detailed above. Cable needed to be reinserted more deeply into jack screw (end was freyed a bit) but this helped it stay in better once inserted. Difficult to secure cable covering with clamp due to limited space but once done then fit cable end into motor with just a little manual manipulation. Before starting fix, make sure both screw jacks (in my case toward rear of seat) are in the most down position. In my case I had to insert the cable ,without shealth, into the jack screw that was stuck half way up and manually twist (helps with a hemostat on the opposite end) until screw is in the down position and both sides are even.

Quick Reply: Stuck seat motor?? I'm HALF ASSED