RUF RCT Evo info & photos needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Tuner1
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RUF RCT Evo info & photos needed

Cross post from the 964 forum. Maybe you turbo guys know something

I am searching for information on the 964-based RUF RCT and RCT Evo models (380hp & 425hp).

Does anyone have detailed photos of the engine bay with the intercooler removed and photos under the car showing the turbo, exhaust and intercooler plumbing?

I am curious how RUF routed the turbo system plumbing while retaining the stock 964 airbox and the heater boxes.

Regarding the engine, RUF's tech sheet says "Engine gets special
cylinder heads, pistons, and camshafts." and it lists the C/R at 9.0:1. It makes no mention of changing the cylinders so I have to assume that the stock 964 cylinders are retained.

Can anyone confirm if the original 964 Bosch air flow meter was retained or did RUF upgrade the car with a MAF? What boost pressure did the RCT Evo run.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:12 PM
bucking
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually witnessed the build of an RCT engine at Ruf HQ in 2001. I will check my file at home tonight for photos etc. I know I have several showing the exhaust layout. I do recall the there was a relatively short curved pipe of the stock heat exchangers which placed the turbo unit toward more the center of the driver's side cylinder bank (as opposed to the Porsche 930/964 turbo location near the front corner of the engine) with a flexible hose to the intercooler so as to permit routing of the intercooler intake hose around the stock twin ignition distributor. I believe I kept and have pretty complete specs at home which I'll try to post tomorrow.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Tuner1
Rennlist Member

bucking, the info you have already provided is helpful and I would be very grateful if you could dig up some of the old photos Keep in touch!
Old 05-09-2008, 11:05 AM
bucking
Instructor

Tuner1: I am having some difficulty loading the photo; if you could send me a private message, I'd be happy to email it to you. In any event, yesterday in my post I mistakenly indicated that the air inlet tube running from the turbo to the intercooler was flex hose. I was dealing from memory and once I looked at a photo of the engine I recalled my error: The tube from the turbo to the intercooler is a"hard" tube and not a flex tube; it curves up from the turbo (which is mounted at the middle of the engine bank on the driver's side) and then around the back of the twin distributor. The flex tube I recalled ran from the air filter housing to the inlet of the turbo compressor. In March 2004 the stated price of the conversion in 425 hp. trim was $34,995.00 excluding VAT tax at Ruf in Pfaffenhausen. The "part number" was R64 100 100 20. The conversion included a new " turbocharger, intercooler ( essentially the Porsche 964 intercooler), air filter and engine management controller (ECU)." Also included were new "cylinder heads, pistons and camshafts." To my knowledge, as born out by this parts list which I took directly from Ruf lierature, no change in the air-meter to a hot wire sensor was made by Ruf, at least at that time (i.e., March 2004). Inclusive in the price quoted was "engine dismantling, rebuilding and full bench test run." Output was stated to be 313 kW ( 425 PS) bei (at) 5,800 U/min (RPM). The compression ratio was 9.0:1. Torque was stated to be 420 lb. ft (570 Nm) at 4,500 rpm. Finally, I believe the conversion is still available from Ruf, I have always found them to be quite helpful and I'm sure they would be more than happy to tlak with you. If you check their web page at: www.ruf-automobile.de you should be able to contact them directly.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:08 AM
InYourFaceGauges
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look on my site www.c2turbo.com

http://www.c2turbo.com/photopost/sho...ry.php?cat=518

These are some pictures of my old RCT motor I have a bunch more somewhere

but maybe this will help. if you need more give me a call and I will see if I can dig up some more

Thanks David

InYourFaceGauges.com
Old 05-09-2008, 11:25 AM
bucking
Instructor

Tuner1: c2turbo1's engine photo, found at http://www.c2turbo.com/photopost/sho...ry.php?cat=518 as noted in his post, shows an excellent shot of the compreesor to intercooler tube which I mentioned; his photo shows exactly how it snakes around the twin distributor. Regarding the air filter housing -- it is the stock air filter housing lacated in what I believe to be the stock engine bay location and connected to the turbo compressor inlet with the large flex tube which is also shown in an additional picture c2turbo1 provided showing portions of the kit as disassembled. My picture simply shows a completely assembled engine on an engine stand. But otherwise, with my discription and c2turbo1's pictures, you should have a pretty complete description of the conversion. Hope this all helps.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:28 PM
Colin 90 C2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tuner1, I have an RCT intake airbox, Ruf maf sensor conversion, motronic with RCT chip and complete wiring harness. It is for sale. If you would like pictures, pm me your email address.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:51 PM
Tuner1
Rennlist Member

Thanks very much for all of the replies.

Sorry I was a bit slow to reply. What has been provided thus far has been a real help so now I need to move to the next stage.

The RUF "kit" looks pretty basic. Does anyone have experience installing a turbo kit or complete C2 turbo engine into a non-turbo 964 chassis? Are there any major hurdles? Things like motor mounts, fuel system, cabin heat, etc?

How difficult could it be
Old 05-29-2008, 05:51 PM
FAB8372
1st Gear

one in France,

http://www.europe-cars-selection.com...hp?idfiche=485
Old 05-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Ag02M5
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Colin 90 C2
Tuner1, I have an RCT intake airbox, Ruf maf sensor conversion, motronic with RCT chip and complete wiring harness. It is for sale. If you would like pictures, pm me your email address.
excuse my ignorance but would any of this work for a turbo?
Old 05-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Colin 90 C2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see no reason why it would not work for a turbo. However, you would need to upgrade to high impedance injectors. I am not sure about the fitting of the custom Ruf airbox tubing, but the elemnets should work.
Send me a pm with your email and I can send you pictures of what I have.
Old 05-31-2008, 04:45 AM
-CD-
Rennlist Member

Here are pics from a 964 RS Ruf RCT Evo II:

Greetings Christian
Old 01-29-2010, 08:53 AM
myfisch
Advanced

Sorry for bump that old threat.

Are there more pictures and infos for the engine spec?

The engine was based on M64.01 and not of the M64.50 (3.6 Turbo).

Iam interested in all turbospecific details. Oil retainment from the turbo, connection from intercooler to manifold and all things like that.

Regards Tom

Quick Reply: RUF RCT Evo info & photos needed