Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Replacing engine mounts

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Bernard
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the Wevo only changes the top portion of the mount? Going by this picture it seems that way.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:13 PM
benzyne
Advanced

No, the WEVO replaces the whole mount. The hydraulic mount (stock) is just huge.

Here is a picture of the actual mount I had. The longer bolt is in the front of the picture.

This is a picture of the passenger side with the stock mount removed.

Here is a picture of the passenger side with the WEVO mount in place, but before the bolt is inserted through the mount.

I had a picture of the WEVO and the stock mounts next to each other, but I can't seem to find it right now.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Gandara
Pro

How long did it take to do this?
Old 12-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Bernard
Pro

Benzyne, Thanks for all the info and pictures. One last request what is the best way to replace them? Do I support the engine and remove both mounts at the same time? Thanks again
Old 12-05-2010, 12:25 AM
benzyne
Advanced

I did it while I already had my engine partially dropped to help with adjusting the valves. If you were just replacing the engine mounts I wouldn't need more than 3 hours to complete the job.

I'd do one side at a time. Support the engine from below. Undo the nut on from the underside. Undo the two bolts that secure the hydraulic mount on the top side. Lift out the hydraulic mount. Replace with the WEVO mount. Two bolts from the top (I bought replacement bolts and washers for the top bolts too) Insert long bolt in from the top through the WEVO mount, through the engine carrier bracket. Fasten nut onto bottom of the bolt. Torque to specs provided by WEVO. Move onto the other side.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:16 PM
Bernard
Pro

Sounds easy enough. This will be the first thing I'll do after winter. Thanks again for all the info.

Quick Reply: Replacing engine mounts