Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
Default On BringATrailer

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...8-cabriolet-7/
Old 08-14-2019, 10:57 PM
HOF Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 35 Posts

Saw that on BaT, and emailed the owner....seems like a really nice car.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:01 AM
Eyeman
Rennlist Member

Your blue one is prettier. But a red, white, and blue collection is calling your name I think.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:06 AM
HOF Porsche
Rennlist Member

Ha! I have waaaay too many cars already....Haven't even told my wife about the blue one yet....It's in my "hidden" garage
Old 08-23-2019, 12:20 AM
Eyeman
Rennlist Member

Two more.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...8-cabriolet-9/
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1994-porsche-968-14/
Old 08-23-2019, 09:51 AM
Paul Waterloo
Rennlist Member

Received 217 Likes on 140 Posts

I always say, if you missed one on BAT, there will be a lower mileage example available next week!I still think HOF Porsche's cab and eyeman's coupe are better than any of those cars.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:18 PM
Eyeman
Rennlist Member

Thanks Paul but I think you just overestimate cars in less standard colors. Our low mileage is not close to as low as 22k. That car is definitely in better shape than mine/and most. The main not great issue is it's just a classic color. I'm having my seats reconditioned tomorrow, they'll still never look that great. One thing in particular that I do not like about classic grey seats the is back corner piece does not match well, maybe it's just on my car, but it's definitely more yellow than the seat.
Old 08-23-2019, 01:00 PM
royalschwarz
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Eyeman
One thing in particular that I do not like about classic grey seats the is back corner piece does not match well, maybe it's just on my car, but it's definitely more yellow than the seat.
Is that a replacement piece? 944's had an interior called 'grey' that is actually more linen in color so if they simply asked for 'grey', Porsche may have supplied that instead of the correct color. Jsheiry is parting out a classic grey interior now with seats in rough shape so see if he'll sell you the correct colored ones (or see if his are discolored like yours are).
Old 08-23-2019, 01:14 PM
Eyeman
Rennlist Member

I assume all is correct on my car and if that's the case I doubt that's it's very discolored vs stock. But good point, it might have been the wrong color from Porsche, which I guess would actually make it sort of more valuable..lol.
Old 08-23-2019, 10:59 PM
HOF Porsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Paul Waterloo
I always say, if you missed one on BAT, there will be a lower mileage example available next week!I still think HOF Porsche's cab and eyeman's coupe are better than any of those cars.

Thanks !!! Took mine out for it's first long ride today..absolutely loved it!
Old 08-24-2019, 03:33 AM
Yogii
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 136 Posts

My understanding is that the leather and the vinyl fade at different rates. My Cashmere leather and plastic look a little different to.
I was thinking about getting my driver's side seat redone and was told that the difference would be even more obvious.

-Yogii
AKA 968 Novice
Old 08-26-2019, 10:10 AM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Eyeman
I assume all is correct on my car and if that's the case I doubt that's it's very discolored vs stock. But good point, it might have been the wrong color from Porsche, which I guess would actually make it sort of more valuable..lol.

Eyeman,

I had the light grey/classic grey interior in my old cab. I loved it. But the problem is Porsche did not have the plastic technology figured out back then. Many of the greys start to change color over the years. Some move to purple, some to brown, some to black, and some to yellow! the only interior that holds up is black.

If you take those seat corner caps off and look behind them you'll find the original light grey color in great shape.

Good news for you though, those pieces are available new and the price is reasonable. I replaced mine. if you need me to look up the part number for you let me know.

in the meantime, keep your plastic lubed and minimize sun exposure.

Jeff
Old 08-26-2019, 09:22 PM
Speedvagen
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeff968
Eyeman,

I had the light grey/classic grey interior in my old cab. I loved it. But the problem is Porsche did not have the plastic technology figured out back then. Many of the greys start to change color over the years. Some move to purple, some to brown, some to black, and some to yellow! the only interior that holds up is black.

If you take those seat corner caps off and look behind them you'll find the original light grey color in great shape.

Good news for you though, those pieces are available new and the price is reasonable. I replaced mine. if you need me to look up the part number for you let me know.

in the meantime, keep your plastic lubed and minimize sun exposure.

Jeff

Hey Jeff - do you know the part numbers for the dash air vents in classic grey? Those are the vents that blow out heat/cold way on the left and right of the dash by the doors. Mine have turned a dark grey color and would love to get them swapped out to better match the rest of the classic grey in the car.
Old 08-26-2019, 09:34 PM
Eyeman
Rennlist Member

Good idea to look at the backside Jeff. That corner looks the same color on the 12k mile car with my interior's brother, so that made me feel better. I had my seats reconditioned so basically no more age cracks now. I'm still working on scratches and I have one ding to get paintless dent repaired. Then i plan to clear wrap at least some of my paint.

I have new gravel guards and I'm still working at fully getting off the old ones. One of my sun visor hinges broke this weekend. And I need to do the outer door handle moldings. It's a lot of work tinkering on trying to get these things perfect. Much easier to just drive the crap out of my high mileage one and fix it when it breaks. It's hilariously beat up and now has new gold Volk wheels which make it look even weirder.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:10 PM
Eyeman
Rennlist Member

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...8-cabriolet-6/

Didn't see this one on BAT. Glad the reserve was higher than this price.

Quick Reply: On BringATrailer