Belt and Braces

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 02:12 PM
nedkelly
Intermediate

Location: Expat Scouser living in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Belt and Braces

Finally put the car into the shop to have the belts looked at. Balance belt looked rough as a badger's butt. Cambelt getting slick also. In the end all the belts replaced and the roller bearings. Hydraulic tensioner looked like a rusty old nail but not leaking. Changed it anyway for a new one. Even though the car has only 70,000KM it is 12 years old and the age is probably what did the belts in. Fortunately had them done before they did me! If it hadn't been for all the valuable information I got from this site I'd have probably just driven the thing to destruction. Thanks a lot everybody for your contributions. $820.00 parts and labour so not too bad considering what could have been lurking around the corner. Pick it up tomorrow
Whilst it was in the shop i had them try a set of alloys from a Boxter but the fronts wouldn't fit properly Looked like it needed a spacer between the wheel and the hub. carry on the search I guess. Cross drilled Zims, repainted and refurb'd calipers, strut brace etc etc.
Old 02-29-2004, 02:56 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 266 Likes on 153 Posts

We want pics dammit!!!

Old 03-01-2004, 12:08 AM
nedkelly
Intermediate

Location: Expat Scouser living in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will post some later today when I pick it up