Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

Picked up a 968 - bit of a project

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2022, 05:41 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Bolts are probably a hack if I had to guess. Kinda curious, if you can take a closer shot?

Basically the hockey stick trim on these, the metal bolts on the back of the fiber glass sticks come off and eventually the sticks fly off and are lost forever. At one time they were around $100, if they are being remanufactured I would be surprised if they were $250 now.

Someone with sticks with all bolts that fell of probably drilled hole thru and bolted.

Originally Posted by ilikemy944
Ah - the quarter windows are lexan, for which I have already purchased some glass replacements.
However, the hatch is the original factory glass. Why it has bolts through the trim panel, I have no idea. However all of the wiring, mounting tabs, etc are all still there. It is just missing the lower trim with the brake light.

Thankfully I think the hardest part will be finding that lower trim.
Old 03-28-2022, 06:17 PM
ilikemy944
Going with the pack
is quite monotonous.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by touareg
Bolts are probably a hack if I had to guess. Kinda curious, if you can take a closer shot?

Basically the hockey stick trim on these, the metal bolts on the back of the fiber glass sticks come off and eventually the sticks fly off and are lost forever. At one time they were around $100, if they are being remanufactured I would be surprised if they were $250 now.

Someone with sticks with all bolts that fell of probably drilled hole thru and bolted.
Yeah I took a closer look and that is what it looks like. I will probably remove them and replace with some low profile black screws/nuts.
Still sitting in the driveway though, way too many projects at the moment!

Quick Reply: Picked up a 968 - bit of a project