Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

968 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 08:29 PM
flash968
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

from what i understand, an additional problem with the B&B is that warranty service from them involves you shipping your system back to them first - then, they either repair it or replace it, and then ship it back to you - meanwhile your car is down
Old 03-23-2007, 10:42 PM
austex
Advanced

Flash, does this mean if i was to buy a RS BARN cat back and i had some sort of problem with it Pete will fly here and repair it as soon as i need it fixed and save me from sending it to him and causing my car to be down, come on man. why not try and sell the exhaust for Pete on merits that are real ! Like it being a good product for guys on a budget like me who dont want to spend a ton of money on a BB or a Cargraphic,

Scott
Old 03-24-2007, 10:17 AM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmmm now that would be customer service
Money was not an issue when I chose my RSBarn exhausts, I just liked the product and the seller
Pete did drive three hours to pick my car up with his trailer at no charge when there was a problem we thought was fixed. So he has won my business for as long as I own a 968.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:02 PM
flash968
Banned

my whole point was not to start an argument, but rather to say that the warranty becomes effectively a moot point if you have to send it out and wait around for it to come back - you would be better off just going ot your local muffler shop and having it fixed - it would probably cost less than the shipping

but, since you bring it up, his is a sleeved system, eliminating most of the broken weld issues - i would check with him first, and i don't want to speak for him, but i imagine he might just ship you the new part to replace the one that went bad, and then have you ship him the bad part - pete's that kind of guy - this would save the shipping time there, and the time of you having to wait for them to fix it

i don't know about the experiences you've had, but this is what most of my vendors do too - it's not unusual in the automotive business - they generally take your word for it that something is broken (sometimes asking for a pic of the item), and that you will send it to them, and they ship you a replacement without having to send it to them for analysis first

as for the merits, that part speaks for itself in the form of the number of people who have switched and are happy about the decision
Old 03-25-2007, 08:22 PM
austex
Advanced

Is the RSBarn exhaust stainless or not ?? I thought I was told it was just coated mild steel but on his website it says its stainless, I have asked this question before but im not about to go onto 968.net to find the answer.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:12 PM
mikew968
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

I hear B&B is a nice exhaust but the guy I know had cracking problems that required welding and he finally gave up and replaced it. That was in racing duty so that is pretty tough duty.

Mike
Old 03-25-2007, 11:20 PM
flash968
Banned

the header is steel, with an option for coating, but i believe the cat-back is stainless

mike - from what i've heard, it's not limited to race duty - no idea what is causing it though - most guys just go and get it welded up again - by the way, i responded to your email, but it bounced back
Old 03-26-2007, 01:07 AM
GeorgeNZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Pete - does your header clear the steering on a RHD?
Old 03-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Tom Pultz
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
Cargraphic has sold only two exhaust systems for 968's in the US because of the $$$-most 968 guys would be crazy to put such money into one of our cars
Hmmm, if they have only sold two 968 units I wonder how many 944 S2 units they've sold? Maybe I'm the only one I still think it's one of the better modifications I've made to my car.

Quick Reply: 968 Exhaust