Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

How many 22S Signal green 968 out there?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 10:15 AM
boerge
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many 22S Signal green 968 out there? New pic.

I have only seen one so far. (Two now!)
EDIT: Thanks for providing at least one other Signal Green 968.
Thanks to new owner, finally a pic that shows off the true color on a signal green 968. I miss it..

Regards

B

Last edited by boerge; 06-08-2015 at 06:02 AM.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:30 AM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.968register.org/ may have numbers on colors sold?
Old 03-08-2008, 10:39 AM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Attached Images  
Old 03-08-2008, 10:58 AM
blue44
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smokiemon944
hey, where's our car ?

Donn C.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:35 PM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 119 Posts

I have no cabs in the cab registry and there aren't any coupes either in signal green. I don't know if they sold any in the US market. There was a guy from europe who posted on forums with one recently. I recall in the early nineies we had a signal green 911 coupe here in CT. Rare color.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:10 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

There's a SG 965 for sale here on Rennlist right now! Man, that color is SOWEET on a 911.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:38 AM
H2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Please forgive me for showing fotos of a Green 928. I own both a 968 and a 928 and love them both (very different cars) (But I do not own the 928 in the fotos). The 928 was ordered in a shipload of different colors...but the greens are among the rarest. The fotos below are of a well known 928 known affectionlly as the "Frog." 1978 MY, low mile.

Question....have you ever seen this shade of green on the 968? The Pasha seat covers were popular in 1977/78. Have you ever seen a 944 with those seat covers?

I'd love to have a green 968. There is a dark green that is really nice looking but scarce also.

The last foto is of a modern repaint..and pretty bright. Probably an acquired taste.

A good paint color is worth extra money.

Harvey
Attached Images      
Old 03-09-2008, 01:53 AM
StewHatch
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The last frame 928 being repainted - is that the Viper Green they used to offer on early 70's 911's? I kinda liked that color.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:13 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I think that's lime green, I do believe it was a 70s Porsche color. You can see the thread in the 928 forum.

Harvey, thanks for posting up those pics. Those greens really suit the 928 well and look sharp. I don't like Pascha but I like both those colors. The metallic "frog" with a purely vinyl/leather interior would look like a sweet, rare, 70s muscle gt car and still have much Porsche essence. And I love the early phone dials - that's what a real phone dial looks like, all the other ones look awkward. The lime green is like the latest fad of reviving old models in new retro designs, with new flares and touches; a classic 928 with a vibrant green. It would look hot with some 18" or 19" black & chrome crager SS wheels. Both nice though. I really like vibrant greens on Porsches! (Sorry Jeff! I like your car but it's just not my cup of green tea).
Old 03-09-2008, 12:28 PM
rmdsolutions
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my way home last night I saw a new 911 in a crazy green color at Porsche North Scottsdale I will go snap a picture of it today and post it later.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:02 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Not signal green, but bad *** none the less.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ayphotohosting
Attached Images    
Old 03-09-2008, 10:47 PM
H2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokiemon944
Not signal green, but bad *** none the less.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ayphotohosting
Smokimon,

Do you know what battery that is in the green track car?

H2
Old 03-09-2008, 11:03 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

He says Bosch.
Here is the ad:

Porsche 968 race car.

Ground up build from bare shell everything new or overhauled. Very low running hours, much admired car built with a lot of care and attention. Podium finish in its 1st and only race.

Race ready today. Please feel free to come and see for yourself. Weekend/Evening viewings welcomed. Please call 01892 730996 or 07877 434829.

Shell: Mint no corrosion or filler anywhere. Dipped at surface processing back to bare metal then fitted with welded in multi point Safety Devices roll cage. All excess braketry removed, steel bulkhead panels, jacking points plated. Carbon Kevlar sun roof panel, Grp front, bonnet and wings, rear Porsche Pu with twin rain lights, 968 spoiler, cup mirrors, manual drivers widow, T pull tailgate, Door and ignition locks retained.

Etch coat primed then finished inside, outside and underneath in Lamborghini Scandal Verde.

Suspension/Brakes: Front New genuine 968 top mounts, new Gaz Rose jointed remote canister dual adj coil over dampers + new springs, Overhauled hubs with Porsche bearings, New Porsche brembo big Red calipers, new Porsche bells and cross drilled discs, Pagid rs29 pads. New Porsche lower arms and joints. Brake cooling deflector plates. New castor bolts and clamps. Cs front anti roll bar, new track rods, overhauled Pas steering rack with cooler. Rear New Gaz rose jointed remote dual adj coil over dampers+new springs, Cs rear torsion bars, ovehauled rear axle new Porsche rear wheel bearings. New Porsche handbrake assembly complete, new Porsche rear discs, overhauled Brembo rear calipers with Pagid rs4-4 pads. Cs rear anti roll bar with new drop links. overhauled brake servo/master, Abs retained manual reset, all coated steel brake lines, aeroquip flexibles, SRF brake/clutch fluid. Alloy wheel spacers (21mm front, 18mm rear). Welded in harness mounts, bar and guides.

Engine/gearbox: Engine 968 Variocam race spec including new bearings, new timing belt/chain pads and tensioner, New water pump, headgasket and engine gaskets. Fedenza single mass flywheel, New crank P.s, new engine mounts, new Sachs clutch/bearing. Ngk platinumR plugs, new rotor arm and cap. Standard airbox, K&N filter. Ecu remapped rev limiter @7000 rpm. New clutch slave/master. Gearbox Cs 6 speed stripped and rebuilt including new Kaaz Lsd, bearings, shims and seals. New gear linkage and reaction rod. New gaitors and Lobros. Alloy radiator and twin cooling fans, Alloy oil cooler both ducted. Stainless steel janspeed Cat replacement pipe and stainless standard rear system (98 Db).

Ancillaries: Carbon fibre dash panel/switch panel and door cards, twin electric screen heaters, Piaa lights, 968 clock set and dash panel. MSD Race pak G2x Gps Data logger/lap timer, multi display with seqential shift lights, data logging including lap plots, g, speed etc please see www.racepak.com for info. Cartek solid state isolator, new Bosch battery. New Spa Firesense Fia AFF 4 litre Electronic multi flow fire extinguisher. New Corbeau prosport Fia seat. New Trs Magnum 6 point harness alloy adjusters. New steering wheel and boss. Porsche 17 inch cup2 wheels, fitted part worn Dunlop slicks. Other wheels/tyres available by negotiation. New windscreen and seal. Cs fuel tank.

Passenger seat can be fitted.

Car weighs 1154kgs -driver & fuel.

Corner weights with driver and 10 litres @ 1237Kgs Lf 316kgs Rf 315Kgs Lr308Kgs Rr298 Kgs with correct ride height and geometry. Lots of set up data and advice freely given to the purchaser. Near perfect weight distribution.

Perfect for Britcar Production S1, Porsche club GB championship class 1, PCGB speed championship, 750Mc, sprint, hillclimb or trackday.

Full race support by negotiation if required.

Road registered, Mot till April 2008 currently SORN.

Payment by pay pal, cleared cheque, draft or cash only please.

Delivery not a problem please ask.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:41 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Smokiemon, that might be the coolest 968 color I've ever seen. LOL, I saw it and swore it looked just like the color on the new Lambo Miura concept car... I guess it is.

I'm surprised that race car has stock headlights. Don't track junkies go nuts over shedding any weight they can from anywhere possible? Looks like a load of fun climbing in and out.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:35 AM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

The fat need not apply.
It does look like the Miura shade of green.

Quick Reply: How many 22S Signal green 968 out there?