Notices
968 Forum 1992-1995

New acquisitions

Old 04-09-2014, 12:22 AM
ForceReconTrojan
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I sold my 89 M3 in Dec for 51k. He saw it at Cars and Coffee and made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

At the end of the day I don't miss it except that it looked great in my garage. It wasn't fast, didn't corner as well as my 987S and the shifter vibration at 5k RPM was ludicrous as that's how they were from the factory...I know, I was the original owner.

Maybe some day when I see these at 100k and people who have never driven one let alone owned one continue to carry on about these cars as some mystical car I may regret selling it but frankly I would rather have your 968 coupe than the M3 anyway.

The S14 is easy to work on, parts are easy to find but resist the temptation for faux EVO parts or engine mods as they add nothing.

Good luck.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:19 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by steve g
Congratulations Raj. You've made the right choices ! It took me a few months to calm my wife down after I bought 2 E30 cars in a 3 month period last year and once she learned to drive the 993 she was ok with my beautiful obsession.
Thanks Steve, sorry for the late response. Was away for a week.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:21 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ForceReconTrojan
I sold my 89 M3 in Dec for 51k. He saw it at Cars and Coffee and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. At the end of the day I don't miss it except that it looked great in my garage. It wasn't fast, didn't corner as well as my 987S and the shifter vibration at 5k RPM was ludicrous as that's how they were from the factory...I know, I was the original owner. Maybe some day when I see these at 100k and people who have never driven one let alone owned one continue to carry on about these cars as some mystical car I may regret selling it but frankly I would rather have your 968 coupe than the M3 anyway. The S14 is easy to work on, parts are easy to find but resist the temptation for faux EVO parts or engine mods as they add nothing. Good luck.
Thanks. I have decided to move on from the m3. Cannot understand the hype. Makes the 968 feel like such a sorted out car. As stated, very buzzy motor and not very fast. I already have a whole bunch of buyers lined up.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:58 PM
ForceReconTrojan
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Thanks. I have decided to move on from the m3. Cannot understand the hype. Makes the 968 feel like such a sorted out car. As stated, very buzzy motor and not very fast. I already have a whole bunch of buyers lined up.
The market for these is simply breath-taking. Did you see the V-10 M3 on BAT?

I alms did the E36 M3 swap but had a feeling I would regret it, glad I didn't.

GLWS of your Batmobile.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:36 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ForceReconTrojan
The market for these is simply breath-taking. Did you see the V-10 M3 on BAT?

I alms did the E36 M3 swap but had a feeling I would regret it, glad I didn't.

GLWS of your Batmobile.
Thanks. There is plenty of interest so we will see how I do. I have a few friends with similar swaps. The car is faster but never worth as much.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:13 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Congrats Raj! Your growing list of cars is making us jealous. . I just purchased a 1993 Audi S4 as a winter car. Amazing the options on a car in 1993 and the thing is built like a tank. But is it better than the 968? Definately not in the handling department. But on an icy road it sure is hard to beat. Interesting insight on the E30 M3. I had always liked how they look but I too wondered how they were to drive.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:49 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

what? still no Ferrari? that's it. I'm not comin' over.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:31 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SoloRacer
Congrats Raj! Your growing list of cars is making us jealous. . I just purchased a 1993 Audi S4 as a winter car. Amazing the options on a car in 1993 and the thing is built like a tank. But is it better than the 968? Definately not in the handling department. But on an icy road it sure is hard to beat. Interesting insight on the E30 M3. I had always liked how they look but I too wondered how they were to drive.
Solo, I am nowhere close to your collection. I am sure the m3 is a great drivers car to the purist. Going from a Pcar to an m3 seems to be a big drop though.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:31 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by odurandina
what? still no Ferrari? that's it. I'm not comin' over.
In time Alan. Maybe another yr or two, I get rid of a couple of cars and take the plunge.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New acquisitions