968 Forum 1992-1995

First DE

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 12:45 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
Default First DE

My first DE and in a 968 to boot, had plenty of fun. I was concerned about how much fun I would have with all the 911s at the track with much more power, but I was able to pass quite a few Greeny 996s and 997s!

I am sure once the driver's get better the only place is on the straights at Limerock they might catch up.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:01 PM
Paul Waterloo
Rennlist Member

Received 217 Likes on 140 Posts

Nice!

That means you have a good car and you are a better driver. The driver is about 95% or more of the whole equation.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Cloud9...68
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Was that your first DE ever? And you were passing 911's???? Holy Cow! At my first DE, I was getting passed by everyone, even a ten-year old on a bike. To be fair, she was pretty buff for her age . On the way home, it felt so good to pass a family in a Suburban on the freeway onramp. Took me about four events before I finally started becoming more the passer and less the passee.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:51 PM
monteolsen1
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cloud9...68
Was that your first DE ever? And you were passing 911's???? Holy Cow! At my first DE, I was getting passed by everyone, even a ten-year old on a bike. To be fair, she was pretty buff for her age . On the way home, it felt so good to pass a family in a Suburban on the freeway onramp. Took me about four events before I finally started becoming more the passer and less the passee.
This was funny. ROFL!
Old 07-10-2014, 11:21 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Not to brag, but my DE instructor was impressed that it was my first time too and on my second time out that day I was starting to pass

Yeah there were quite a few other first timers as well, so I attribute it to my aggressive driving and lack of fear I guess.

Car is well set up by the PO. Has factory LSD, koni dbl adjustable up front and bilstein in the back. Spacers in the front and rear to push out the 17 inch staggered tires. M030 sway bars, club sport springs in the front. Sparco Evo Seats, Delrin bushings, D1 top and bottom braces, short shifter. Promax chip, airbox mod and BB Exhaust.

I also pulled the spare, tools, rear seat tops and 10 Speaker system out, not sure if the amp has been bypassed, so will look into that at some point.

I had to slow down at the first turn into big bend after a few runs because my heel down downshifting sucks so bad, I was getting into 4th to get at about 100+MPH or so since I think I topped out at about 90MPH in 3rd gear pretty early on the straight coming out of the last turn. That just messed me up since I can't down shift great.

As I am sure you all know, these cars love to be in 4200+ RPM.

At home with his big (but younger) brother.

Name:  IMAG0760_MODsmall.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  52.5 KB

Quick Reply: First DE