Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spyder gas pedal

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2023, 12:15 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Spyder gas pedal

A year or two ago I purchased the BRS pedal spacer in order to improve heel to shifting. The ceramic brakes bite so strongly that the brake pedal is almost never at a point where I can easily roll my foot onto the gas. The BRS pedal spacer is supposed to address this. Yesterday I tried to install, but never got it accomplished. I was able to remove the gas pedal apparatus screw from the chassis, but then the direction said to slide the gas pedal up toward the firewall. Does anybody have any tips on how to achieve removal of the gas pedal so that I can place the spacer where it needs to be. As usual I feel pretty stupid while trying to accomplish any car work. Other than this the boxster is completely stock and perfect, so I don't want to take a chance of messing anything up. Please advise.
Old 06-15-2023, 03:15 PM
thecajunboy
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by Selo
A year or two ago I purchased the BRS pedal spacer in order to improve heel to shifting. The ceramic brakes bite so strongly that the brake pedal is almost never at a point where I can easily roll my foot onto the gas. The BRS pedal spacer is supposed to address this. Yesterday I tried to install, but never got it accomplished. I was able to remove the gas pedal apparatus screw from the chassis, but then the direction said to slide the gas pedal up toward the firewall. Does anybody have any tips on how to achieve removal of the gas pedal so that I can place the spacer where it needs to be. As usual I feel pretty stupid while trying to accomplish any car work. Other than this the boxster is completely stock and perfect, so I don't want to take a chance of messing anything up. Please advise.
Old 06-15-2023, 07:50 PM
fuhrius
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 36 Posts

I think the above video should help. Beyond that, if you're interested in pedals and pedal / human interface, I'd encourage you to look at SRP (https://www.srpracing.com/pd-981-box......they're really good.

Quick Reply: Spyder gas pedal