Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Having second thoughts on my 981 color selection.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 01:03 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by cetro
How come he wasn't happy with his last spyder?
Because Donavan is apparently a pretty obsessive fellow! He wanted perfection and that is a tall order on a 'used' car! We are not revealing anything new here. Donavan posted openly (right here on this forum) about the small issues that bothered him as soon as this Spyder (his third) arrived from Ellis in Atlanta. You read his thread - it's all there. Cetro, you own the car now and hopefully you are happy with your purchase. The real reason he sold your Spyder has nothing really to do these minor issues - it had mostly to do with events in his own personal life! So don't fret about it and enjoy the car. We think you made a great buy!

Saludos,
Eduardo

PS Tell us your experiences with the car so far!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:24 AM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
had mostly to do with events in his own personal life!
Events in his personal life...

I don't know any details so I know that I shouldn't assume, but there's a saying in the military: "first time is an accident, second time is a coincidence, third time is an enemy action with hostile intent". "Events in his personal life" for the first time was parasailing or kite diving or whatever it was....

If he was not happy with the 3rd Spyder (or 2nd or 1st), then I agree that he should not have kept it.

cetro, you do have a great car. Enjoy and let us know about your experience!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by the_vetman
there's a saying in the military: "first time is an accident, second time is a coincidence, third time is an enemy action with hostile intent".
That is so true! Maybe they were referring to the election history of....no, that couldn't be! Back on subject, you are probably right! There is a set pattern of behavior here by the person buying & selling, but it's not the car's fault!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 01-08-2013, 12:29 PM
cetro
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought there was more to it then what I had already read in the past.

This car is amazing, big difference then my old 987s. The power is great and the handling is unbelievable. I car feels so planted going around corners so my confidence keeps raising the more I drive the car. People seem to love this car, everytime I take it out, I get thumbs up or compliments.

I think this will be a keeper
Old 01-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

I thought there was more to it then what I had already read in the past.

This car is amazing, big difference then my old 987s. The power is great and the handling is unbelievable. I car feels so planted going around corners so my confidence keeps raising the more I drive the car. People seem to love this car, everytime I take it out, I get thumbs up or compliments.

Cetro, glad the car is working out for you! By the way, are you the 'Cetro' from Southern California that used to post at the R8 Talk forum? Did you ever get an Audi R8 after all and, if so, what did you think of & experienced with that vehicle?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 01-08-2013, 02:27 PM
cetro
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did get the R8 and this is the first high end sports car that I have owned that I can drive every day. The power is spontaneous and it seems it never runs out. Extremely smooth and its so roomy/ comfortable inside. Love the styling and like the Spyder you don't see too many on the road.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:49 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 97 Posts

couldn't agree more!

Old 01-08-2013, 07:34 PM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
There is a set pattern of behavior here by the person buying & selling, but it's not the car's fault!
Absolutely true. Definitely not the car's fault. I understand that the Spyder isn't for everyone, but at least a few of us are wondering why, why 3 times... Oh well, I guess we should just be concerned if there's a 4th time. Until then, all's good.

cetro, thank you for the feedback (esp. in the light of R8). I'm very glad you're enjoying it. To be perfectly honest, I find it saddening that Spyders change hands so often... but I guess not really any more than other cars in general (part of the change-a-car culture).
Old 01-14-2013, 09:13 AM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 191 Posts
Default interior inside my plat silver metallic

another option
Attached Images  
Old 01-14-2013, 12:20 PM
66mustang
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Eduardo why is your spyder listed in the gone section of your signature?
Old 01-14-2013, 01:07 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 66mustang
Eduardo why is your spyder listed in the gone section of your signature?
I am guessing because it's been sold. But I could be wrong and just not tracking it right. These Rennlist signatures are damn complicated and keeping them current & updated is a chore!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 01-14-2013, 04:12 PM
slc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Domer911
another option
Nice attention to detail on the interior options!
Old 01-20-2013, 05:05 AM
Madjackdog
Intermediate

Hi Eduardo. Do you know if cognac leather is able to be ordered on the Boxster? I would like to be able to pair that with either the Oslo, Aetna, or Aquamarine non-metallic blue. or one of the darker greens, like Irish. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:59 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Cognac 'Leather to Sample'

Originally Posted by Madjackdog
Hi Eduardo. Do you know if cognac leather is able to be ordered on the Boxster? I would like to be able to pair that with either the Oslo, Aetna, or Aquamarine non-metallic blue. or one of the darker greens, like Irish. Thanks.
Hello, Madjackdog! If they allowed CDR Navy's 2013 991S to be ordered in PTS Racing Green with a two tone 'Espresso/Cognac' interior, I don't see why they wouldn't allow it on the Boxster! If what you have in mind is just an all 'Cognac' interior however, beware that the default color for all the plastic pieces of the interior (e.g. speaker grilles, etc) will be 'black'! They have not contracted for all of these 'soft' color coordinated plastic pieces to be done in every color under the universe that a client may choose under 'Leather to Sample'! The only way around this 'issue' in the past was to wrap every one of these plastic pieces in the same 'Leather to Sample' as the rest of your interior. This could get expensive, but in theory it could be done by their 'bespoke' service! Navy CDR got around this problem since his is a two-tone interior and those soft color pieces for his car will be done in 'Espresso', an series production plastic color at this time!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...and-you-9.html

As you know, I am now officially out of the 'Porsche Exclusive' information business! I had asked them back in August precisely what & when they would allow re:'Leather to Sample' in the 981/991 so that I could post the information & also considered it for my own PTS order. Yet Sascha decided that he & Melissa were to busy to answer questions like these. And I then decided to forget about my informative threads in forums like this one (and my own PTS Porsche order) and channel my interest into another automotive brand! End of story.

So I suggest you simply ask Sascha and/or representatives of 'Porsche Exclusive' in Germany. That is their precise job and they have a responsibility to answer that for you to your complete satisfaction!

Saludos,
Eduardo

Last edited by Z356; 01-20-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:56 PM
Madjackdog
Intermediate

Thank you for your response, and warning, Eduardo. Sorry to hear of your poor treatment. Apparently, some Porsche representatives don't recognize a good resource when it's staring them in the face. May I ask what automotive brand you money is going to patronize in the future?

Quick Reply: Having second thoughts on my 981 color selection.