Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Having second thoughts on my 981 color selection.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 09:34 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Madjackdog
Thank you for your response, and warning, Eduardo. Sorry to hear of your poor treatment. Apparently, some Porsche representatives don't recognize a good resource when it's staring them in the face. May I ask what automotive brand you money is going to patronize in the future?
I have purchased an Audi R8, Madjackdog! So I am not totally going over to the 'dark side', nor am I getting thick gold chains or open my shirt collar to expose part of my hairy & manly chest! But I am working hard to see if I can get a 'trophy' wife which often accompanies owners of this type of vehicle! But don't tell my present spouse as she has been (so far) very supportive of my auto purchases and I don't want to spoil the party!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 01-21-2013, 03:56 PM
Madjackdog
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice purchase, Eduardo! I hope that with my decision to enter the Porsche world at this relatively late date (66 yrs old), the attitude shown by Sascha/Melissa is not indicative of Porsche in general. Once again, sincere thanks for the help you've given me.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:44 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Madjackdog
Very nice purchase, Eduardo! I hope that with my decision to enter the Porsche world at this relatively late date (66 yrs old), the attitude shown by Sascha/Melissa is not indicative of Porsche in general. Once again, sincere thanks for the help you've given me.
No, I don't think it is indicative of Porsche in general. I am almost as old as you (62) and I have been with Porsche since the first year after I graduated from Penn in 1972. I have seen quite of bit of management changes in the company over that time - some good and some bad! Yet many of the products that their dedicated engineers have produced since 1948 are still some of the best automotive work ever done on this planet! More importantly, there is no group of owners more dedicated or knowledgeable than those who are faithful to this brand! So welcome to the 'club' and I sincerely hope you enjoy your upcoming acquisition! And I am also sure you will greatly enjoy it in the company of the many enthusiasts like those that frequent this forum!

I am not going very far from Zuffenhausen...just a short distance away to Ingolstadt & Neckarsulm! I still have my 1970 911E Targa which was just selected last July by the Porsche family in attendance at the PCA Parade for the coveted 'Honorary Judges' Choice' trophy and an impressive collection of Porsche memorabilia in my garages. I have spent over 40 years in this hobby. There is nothing like a Porsche. Like the Marines, our motto is also 'Semper Fi' and we always keep faith alive! And as our former 'governator' used to say...

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Quick Reply: Having second thoughts on my 981 color selection.