Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

981 Two Tone Partial Leather

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 01:50 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 981 Two Tone Partial Leather

Anyone else think the cowl above the instruments and gauges looks odd considering it's the only thing covered in leather on the entire dash? My personal fav is agate grey and amber orange, but that orange (or whatever color you choose) piece just seems out of place to me I guess.

Anyone have an opinion on this?

I guess I'm just being a cheapskate, b/c in reality full leather with the agate grey and amber orange looks phenomenal and is probably how I'd build my car (black with that interior that is). And for a double dose of reality, I'm probably gonna be saving for at least 1.5 years for a big enough deposit to be concerned with this. But what can I say, I'm a car nut
Old 02-12-2013, 05:21 PM
keller911
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I kind of agree with you in that the leather over the gauges looks a little out of place. I also can't bring myself to spending $2800 on the full leather interior which I think looks UNREAL in this color combo I rather spend my money on the go fast parts
Old 02-12-2013, 06:48 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Originally Posted by keller911
I kind of agree with you in that the leather over the gauges looks a little out of place. I also can't bring myself to spending $2800 on the full leather interior which I think looks UNREAL in this color combo I rather spend my money on the go fast parts
See that's where I'm at. I see that 2800 as PSE (not faster, but sounds amazing). Haha. But in the end, I think I'll splurge for the full leather. The contrast stitching looks really nice, especially since eduardo detailed the fact that amber orange is more of a brown. So thus why I'm saving haha. It's gonna be Black with Agate Grey/Amber Orange full leather, model deletion, PDK, logo embossed on headrest, and perhaps the 20" Carerra S wheels.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:41 PM
Madjackdog
Intermediate

I thought that the cowl is only amber colored with the partial leather, and that the full leather gets you the full agate upper dash area, including the cowl. I'm thinking about the agate/amber also, and I really want the full leather, if the cowl is amber, I think that looks kind of funky.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:30 AM
zirrah
Drifting

Originally Posted by Madjackdog
I thought that the cowl is only amber colored with the partial leather, and that the full leather gets you the full agate upper dash area, including the cowl. I'm thinking about the agate/amber also, and I really want the full leather, if the cowl is amber, I think that looks kind of funky.
You're correct. The title of my thread states two-tone partial leather. Full leather does not have that piece in amber thank god.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:03 AM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 191 Posts

is that amber cowl made of leather on the partial leather? I have full leather agate/pebble, and the cowl is agate leather.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:59 AM
keller911
Track Day

Yes, the partial leather package adds real leather to the cowl, the center arm rest, and the center of the seats.

Quick Reply: 981 Two Tone Partial Leather