Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 Boxster Spyder - pricing ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 08:40 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Gleek48
I have a 2016 Spyder and am considering selling it. It is a GT Silver/Classic Red interior with sofa seats and has under 500-600 miles. Do you folks think that the market will support selling it at MSRP?
Short answer:

Yes.

Longer answer:

The fact that you are "considering" selling it suggests to me that you don't really need to sell it and are under no time pressures to do so. If that's the case, then I would initially ask over MSRP. You can always come down over time as you get a better feel for the market. A seller with time is the nemesis of all buyers looking for a steal.

Bottom line: The car is basically new. The color is a popular/classic combo. The car is discontinued and was made in small numbers. The sofas are not a drawback for many. Your car represents an ideal second chance for someone who came to the Spyder party late. So why not start out high?

Better yet, why not just hold on to it, enjoy it and put some miles on it! I'm finding the more I drive mine, the more unfathomable is the notion of parting with it.

Maybe with a little more seat time love will blossom
Old 10-05-2016, 09:03 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 636 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Suicide Jockey
Better yet, why not just hold on to it, enjoy it and put some miles on it! I'm finding the more I drive mine, the more unfathomable is the notion of parting with it. Maybe with a little more seat time love will blossom
Yup, I initially was disappointed to have to settle for the Spyder when I had really wanted a GT4. A month after taking delivery, I was presented with the opportunity to take a GT4 allocation at MSRP. I gave it maybe 10 seconds consideration. As it would have required selling the Spyder, there was no way I was doing it. The car is that special to me. After 9 Porsche's over 30 years, this is the first one I can envision keeping for the long haul. Oh and BTW, OP, to answer your question, yes you can certainly get MSRP once a prospective buyer reads a few glowing reviews on this forum. :-)
Old 10-05-2016, 11:12 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Suicide Jockey

Le Spyder 2e génération n'est plus produit et sa production aura été limitée à 2 440 exemplaires au monde (1653 Europe et RoW, 910 Etats-Unis + Canada).
J'ai deux!

Mark's post ^ says it all.
Old 10-06-2016, 04:23 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 714 Likes on 339 Posts

I have a 2016 Spyder and am considering selling it. It is a GT Silver/Classic Red interior with sofa seats and has under 500-600 miles. Do you folks think that the market will support selling it at MSRP?
MSRP all day long.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:54 AM
Gleek48
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. I will put it up in the classified soon. I am not driving it and will go a different direction.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:43 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,243 Likes on 573 Posts

Thanks. I will put it up in the classified soon. I am not driving it and will go a different direction.
Beautiful car in a classic colour combination. Question - this is a super fun car to drive. Why are you not driving it? Why only 500 miles since driving it off the lot?
Old 10-08-2016, 11:13 AM
Gleek48
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Beautiful car in a classic colour combination. Question - this is a super fun car to drive. Why are you not driving it? Why only 500 miles since driving it off the lot?
It is a very fun car that sounds great. I agree on the fun quotient.

I have the car on a lift at home and take out other cars a lot more due to this. I also figured out that I am not a big convertible guy

Quick Reply: 2016 Boxster Spyder - pricing ?