Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant Hose Assembly replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 08:58 PM
ShApE
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant Hose Assembly replacement

Hey guys, it’s been a long time since I’ve been on rennlist and I’m totally new to the 987 world. So long story short I’ve recently acquired a 2006 Cayman S with the TPC Turbo kit and 60k miles. It has a coolant leak that I’ve located at the bottom of the Coolant Hose Assembly AKA the big black plastic housing that connects the coolant hose to the front of the motor.

Anyways, I’m looking for tips on replacing this piece. I have the new part, is the whole job doable from bottom on a lift? It’s tight under there but I’m from the 951 world so this is what I’ve been training my whole life for. Anybody know what the torque specs are?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!
Old 07-12-2020, 02:28 PM
ShApE
Burning Brakes

Anybody?
Old 07-12-2020, 04:08 PM
MrMoose
Burning Brakes

Received 330 Likes on 231 Posts

I doubt very many people on here have done that job. I'd suggest getting the factory service manuals as they likely have the procedures and specs, I bought access from alldatadiy.com.
Old 07-15-2020, 10:41 AM
ShApE
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MrMoose
I doubt very many people on here have done that job. I'd suggest getting the factory service manuals as they likely have the procedures and specs, I bought access from alldatadiy.com.
ah thanks, I ended up swapping it out last night. The top 5 bolts are completely blind and there’s about 2.5” between them and the firewall. You have to remove the front motor mount, the oil pressure check valve, and lower the motor slightly. Not a fun job, but it’s done now.
Old 02-02-2022, 06:04 PM
dan_man
8th Gear

Looking into doing this same job, replacing part#: 987-106-508-04-M100, any other parts you recommend I purchase before I try and tackle it? Are there any guides you used for dropping the motor or removing the motor mount/oil pressure check valve?

I would really appreciate it if you could lend me some of your wisdom from doing this, it seems like there's not too many people who have done this job.

Quick Reply: Coolant Hose Assembly replacement