Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lean bank1 05 base boxster

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2023, 11:46 AM
boxster newbie
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry lean bank1 05 base boxster

llean bank 1 after just starting out on road trip, or slower driving in a town, can run clean no code for miles of highway driving, premium fuel used, injector cleaner used. am afraid i will wear out the OB connecter port cancelling the code. change cats?
Old 12-13-2023, 12:00 PM
harveyf
Rennlist Member

Received 422 Likes on 302 Posts

Please post the actual ODB code you are receiving.
Old 12-13-2023, 07:35 PM
Shark Attack
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by boxster newbie
llean bank 1 after just starting out on road trip, or slower driving in a town, can run clean no code for miles of highway driving, premium fuel used, injector cleaner used. am afraid i will wear out the OB connecter port cancelling the code. change cats?
Code would help.
If you want to just start to toss parts at it. as most people do. start with O2 sensors.
I have a blue tooth hyper tough OBD reader on every car I have. I leave it plugged into the port. It sends data to your phone. Including live sensor data as you drive and will record the data. For the price they are awesome.
Go buy one, plug it in, reset your code, record data until it gives a CEL. Review data.
You could also try swapping the 02 sensors from bank one to bank 2 and see if the issue follows the sensors.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: lean bank1 05 base boxster