Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flex hose for clutch slave on 987.2 S

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2024, 12:51 AM
joshf
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flex hose for clutch slave on 987.2 S

The clutch in my 2009 Cayman S has started to stick to the floor when I run it at the track. Once stuck, I can pull it up with my toe and continue to drive with full engagement/ disengagement. The engagement point has moved down and then came up a bit as the car cooled, but not back to normal. There is a pop feel in the last bit of pedal uptravel.

I suspected that I boiled the fluid and wanted to rule out moisture in old brake fluid so I flushed and bled the system. After that, I drove the car around town for a few days and it felt good.

I went out to the track again Sunday and started noticing the engagement point move down and then the pedal stuck again. I finished out the day because it wasn't *that* bad and then drove it home.

Since it's a reoccurring problem, I think old brake fluid is ruled out so I'm moving on to replace the slave and likely master. I can find those two parts, but it seems like I should replace the rubber line at the slave at the same time and I cannot find this part.

Does someone have a source or part number even for the rubber line? The diagrams for 07-08 look similar...does it interchange?

Old 03-19-2024, 03:09 PM
KevinGross
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 101 Posts

I believe you are looking for 987.423.113.16, which is a rigid line swaged to flex hose. Illustration 702-008.

Last edited by KevinGross; 03-19-2024 at 06:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Flex hose for clutch slave on 987.2 S