Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ORDER GUIDES IN THIS WEEK

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 03:23 PM
Rick Longano
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking ORDER GUIDES IN THIS WEEK

Hi Guys,

My dealer called and told me that the order guides should be up and running in the next couple days. Also stated that the dealership has been allocated 2 Cayman S cars per month for November, December, and January build dates. He stated that the cars built in November and December sould reach the dealership PRIOR to the January 15 official US launch date. I am number 4 on the list.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:42 PM
MikeN
Three Wheelin'

Truly good news, can hardly wait. Had my deposit down for more than a year now, number 1 on the list. Looks like I'll have one of the November build slots.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:49 PM
Rick Longano
Advanced

Mike,

What color are you going to order ? I am definitely going with Speed Yellow !
Old 08-16-2005, 03:55 PM
MikeN
Three Wheelin'

Rick -

I have gone round and round on this one.......every new picture I see looks better than the rest. Didn't even consider speed yellow till I saw the pictures of it. Looks fantastic.

My finalists are......Black w/bi-color black - terracotta
Artic Silver w/Sea Blue
Atlas Grey w/? (bi-color black/grey, or sea blue)
Speed Yellow / Black

Not very narrowed down is it!
Old 08-16-2005, 04:00 PM
Rick Longano
Advanced

Mike,
We must have similar tastes. I was thinking about black, arctic silver, and speed yellow. I have in the past owned speed yellow 993 c2s and gt3 cars. The are stunning in the metal, and I would expect the Cayman S to be no different ! What about other options ? Mine will be very lightly optioned - PASM, Sport Chrono. Sport Seats, Sport Shifter - that may be about it !
Old 08-16-2005, 04:47 PM
MikeN
Three Wheelin'

Mine will be an everyday driver with a little track thrown in, so my verdict is still out yet on PASM & Sport Chrono. I will probably be going with Sport Seats, Sport Shifter, one of the 19" wheels (even though I like the Cayman S 18", I really do like the Carrera S wheel.....always have), sport steering wheel, maybe BOSE or at least the sound pack, Xenons, and a few others.

One of the early order guides for all '06 Porsches listed a few options for the Cayman that no other model will have.......

"Interior Design Package in Exterior Colour" Really want to know what this looks like.
"Advanced Luggage Locker" think this is the back suitcase I've seen in some pictures.

Decisions, decisions, decisions......
Old 08-16-2005, 10:42 PM
mark34
Track Day

Just to jump in the fray, though I will put my order in in October for January build, March delivery:

Lapis w/ either black or black/beige or black terracotta
Atlas Grey w/ black or black/grey (though don't like grey on either side of stereo)
full leather
Planning on sticking with 18" stock Cayman wheels (love them in pics)
6 speed
bi-xenon
sport steering wheel
sports seats
PCM
Bose
Skipping PASM and Chrono (I think)
Any thoughts appreciated, esp. on color combo at this point.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:40 AM
MikeN
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mark34
Just to jump in the fray, though I will put my order in in October for January build, March delivery:

Lapis w/ either black or black/beige or black terracotta
Atlas Grey w/ black or black/grey (though don't like grey on either side of stereo)
full leather
Planning on sticking with 18" stock Cayman wheels (love them in pics)
6 speed
bi-xenon
sport steering wheel
sports seats
PCM
Bose
Skipping PASM and Chrono (I think)
Any thoughts appreciated, esp. on color combo at this point.
Hey Mark -

My opinions only........

I'm not a big fan of Lapis, but am a big fan of Atlas. To me there are way too many of the "shock" medium blues out there......350z, STI, VW bug, etc, etc.
I have seen many lapis blue cars that are a few years old and for some reason the color doesn't seem to age well, I don't know what it is. Maybe because its one of those super iridescent colors that if not taken care of, it quickly starts to look dull compared to when it was new.

Atlas with Black looks great, and so does black/grey......seen a Boxster in both combos. Out of these two I would probably go with all black. I once saw a Boxster with Atlas Grey, black full leather, with the rear center column painted Atlas......looked fantastic.

The rest of the config looks close to mine, can't argue with any of it. I'm not sold on PASM or Sport Chrono either......I don't know if I would ever get the money out of them.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:57 PM
mark34
Track Day

MikeN: thanks for the feedback on Lapis. I like the color, but something is holding me back and I think you have touched on some of it. It is a fun bright color, but for some reason doesn't feel special. It could look GREAT on the Cayman, but I would really think it would be more popular if it was indeed a great color. Some dislike it because it can be "purpely" in certain light. also maybe it looks too much like colors available from many other mfg's, but why do I care. Hmmm. This is proving to be a tough decision.

Atlas with Black would be classy, but will it be great with the Cayman lines. Will it be boring in certain light.

White should be very nice, but can't risk it without seeing it in person. Might be nice with Sea Blue.

Yellow is outstanding, but I had a yellow S4 and found myself very ready to get a non-yellow car at that time.

ugh
Old 08-17-2005, 05:11 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

I think the new Azzuro color Porsche is using for the Club Coupe would look awesome as a paint to sample color on the Cayman!

Does anyone the final verdict on sunroof availability??
Old 08-18-2005, 09:24 AM
Porsh-uh
Burning Brakes

BlueS2, you are right on. Those Club Coupes are gorgeous.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:42 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

The order guides are in! I just picked up my copy this afternoon. Let the configuration begin.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:23 PM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can find the guide here.

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...t&code=og_menu

Quick Reply: ORDER GUIDES IN THIS WEEK