Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BYE BYE Cayman - HELLO America Roadster

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 01:12 PM
ZX9RCAM
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bull30
You are correct... I never claimed the Roadster to have better performance... I bought it because it suited my taste in cars better than the CS...

Just took best of show today... That's my 3rd best of show with the Roadster...

I am slightly confused, I thought one of your major problems with the CS
was it's lack of power & yet it is quicker than your Roadster which you are pleased with.....

Congrats on the award......!!
Old 05-28-2007, 03:41 PM
bull30
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZX9RCAM
I am slightly confused, I thought one of your major problems with the CS
was it's lack of power & yet it is quicker than your Roadster which you are pleased with.....

Congrats on the award......!!
Yes, you are correct... The lack of power in the CS was one of my complaints... Actually it's lack of midrange torque bothered me more... I bought the Roadster for entirely different reasons than the CS...

I know what I bought into with the Roadster so my expectations were different... In fairness, maybe I just expected too much from the CS... I would consider looking at a CS again when they upgrade to the 3.8... The style of the car is outstanding... And, you know Porsche will plunk a 3.8 in the CS eventually...
Old 05-30-2007, 04:34 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The America Roadster or any convertible 911 for that matter was NOT meant to be a cruiser...
The drop tops were merely added to increase sales over the existing 911's in coupe form, at a time Porsche desperately needed sales of ANY kind.
CaymanS is a superior performing sports car to nearly every non-Turbo/GT2/GT3 911 from the 1990's and probably the 2000-2004 C2/C4 996's as well....can't wait for the convertible to come out.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:59 PM
ZX9RCAM
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by perfectlap
CaymanS is a superior performing sports car to nearly every non-Turbo/GT2/GT3 911 from the 1990's and probably the 2000-2004 C2/C4 996's as well....can't wait for the convertible to come out.

Isn't that a Boxster............

Old 05-30-2007, 05:08 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

no that "Boxster" is the one Porsche charges less than Cayman for.

The CaymanS Convertible will be much better than a CaymanS Coupe and a BoxsterS but will be essentially the same car as the BoxsterS. Look just don't worry about how much it costs...Porsche know what they are doing.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:59 PM
bull30
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by perfectlap
no that "Boxster" is the one Porsche charges less than Cayman for.

The CaymanS Convertible will be much better than a CaymanS Coupe and a BoxsterS but will be essentially the same car as the BoxsterS. Look just don't worry about how much it costs...Porsche know what they are doing.
You just gotta love Cayman owners and their "It's different than a Boxster Syndrome"

That's the kind of brainwashing you get at the CC... A 987 is a 987! They are the same car just one is a convertable and the other is a hardtop which you paid more for... TRUST ME, PORSCHE ALREADY HAS A CAYMAN CONVERTABLE... IT'S CALLED A BOXSTER!

I'm not trying to be argumentative... But let's be real here... That's CC mentality... You just gotta love that elitist attitude...

Last edited by bull30; 05-30-2007 at 11:28 PM.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:28 AM
P-Car fanatic
Pro

Originally Posted by bull30
You just gotta love Cayman owners and their "It's different than a Boxster Syndrome"

That's the kind of brainwashing you get at the CC... A 987 is a 987! They are the same car just one is a convertable and the other is a hardtop which you paid more for... TRUST ME, PORSCHE ALREADY HAS A CAYMAN CONVERTABLE... IT'S CALLED A BOXSTER!

I'm not trying to be argumentative... But let's be real here... That's CC mentality... You just gotta love that elitist attitude...
were you smoking pot? i thought it was clear the poster was being sarcastic?
Old 05-31-2007, 04:05 AM
fondueski
Rennlist Member

Wow! What a piece of work!
Old 05-31-2007, 08:28 AM
bull30
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fondueski
Wow! What a piece of work!
Why, thank you! I resemble that remark

There must be some passion out there... If you add up all the other posts on the Cayman Forum I don't think it equals the posts on this thread...
Old 05-31-2007, 01:18 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

interesting Porsche pricing aside....
the CaymanS is still quicker than a BoxsterS...

and a BoxsterS will always own a America Roadster and most other old non-turbo'd 911s.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:53 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Nice car, great color combo. The car will definatley hold it's value, as far as increase, only time will tell. Enjoy in good health

Regards
Mike
Old 05-31-2007, 07:25 PM
bull30
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SA Mike
Nice car, great color combo. The car will definatley hold it's value, as far as increase, only time will tell. Enjoy in good health

Regards
Mike
Thanks Mike... I appreciate the compliment... And, I enjoy driving it more than any car I've ever owned... Go figure... It's just pure joy to drive...
Old 05-31-2007, 07:30 PM
kruz
Track Day

14 pages of bitterness and name calling...I could not make it past page 4. There are definitely some "little man" personalities present.

As a new member to this site, you all have made me think twice about purchasing a Porsche.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:55 PM
Michael Russell
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Kruz --

This thread should have been locked long ago. Please do not take it as indication of the all Porsche owners.

Michael
Old 05-31-2007, 08:17 PM
bull30
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kruz
14 pages of bitterness and name calling...I could not make it past page 4. There are definitely some "little man" personalities present.

As a new member to this site, you all have made me think twice about purchasing a Porsche.
Your comments are demeaning to a lot of people that have voiced their opinion... Everyone is entitled to their opinion EVEN YOU... As far as the name calling, I guess you should put your name on that list with your "Little Man" comment...

I don't take people's comments personally even if they are attacking me... It's OK because in an open forum they are ENTITLED to their opinion... It's actually refreshing to see people passionate about this topic... For that matter any topic...

There's a wealth of information here on Rennlist... As a member I find this site very worthy of my membership dollars... Go to the Cayman Club and voice a negative opinion and see what you get...

Quick Reply: BYE BYE Cayman - HELLO America Roadster