Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How expensive to replace PASM when it fails?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 06:09 PM
968PORSCHE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How expensive to replace PASM when it fails?

I', considering a C-S again and wonder if the fancy suspension is one of those technical things that is great until it wears out. Since I want to keep the car a long time, this is a real issue.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:01 PM
bet
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I think this could be difficult to get a good answer for. PASM is an option the Cayman therefore not all the cars have it (this seems especially true of dealer ordered cars). I don't think many PASM equipped cars (especially Caymns) have really started to come off warranty yet (obviously mileage could have caused it but considering how most drive a p-car it is unlikely many have reached that point yet). The number of cars with PASM and out of warranty would seem to be rather small. The best chance would likely be the 997 because the Carrera S came standard with PASM and some of those cars getting to be over 3 years old, but once again probably not many out of warranty.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:00 PM
epbrown01
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I doubt anyone has any hard numbers, but I'd say it's a good bet that it wiill be prohibitively expensive to fix. There have been versions of active suspension since the 1960s and no matter the car, it's always been too expensive to repair them. There's also rarely anyone that knows how to fix them by the time they start failing, too. No reason to think PASM is going to be any different.

Quick Reply: How expensive to replace PASM when it fails?