Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

987 vs 986 rear storage compartment

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 05:17 PM
ken1.9
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 987 vs 986 rear storage compartment

Has anyone compared the difference in size of the rear storage compartment that fits below the rollbar on the 986 and the 987? Specifically is the area on the 987 large enough to accomodate the 986 unit? I found a similiar post from several years ago with no response so I'm guessing I will have similiar results. My wife likes to throw her hat and other small items back there and I know that can lead to roof damage if I'm not careful in removing them before putting the top down. Just wondering if this was viable. My wife is a keeper so no what your thinking isn't an option. Thanks
Old 03-31-2011, 02:56 AM
tinman
Rennlist Member

WOW....the wife a "keeper" versus the Porsche??? Congratulations...
Old 03-31-2011, 05:38 PM
ken1.9
Track Day

We have a road trip planned in April so I'm putting in a cargo net to catch her books, hats, and magazines. She likes to watch her GPS (I hate the things) so I just finished making a holder for it out of some sheet aluminum and I made it so it just slips about a half inch into the slot where the cds go. I have had it there for a month and it seems to ride there fine. That also allows me to get rid of that #@$!# suction cup, one of our few "bones of contention." Yup she's a keeper, boy I would hate to undergo being trained all over again by another one!

Quick Reply: 987 vs 986 rear storage compartment