Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hardtop Hoist

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 01:23 PM
meteor10
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Hardtop Hoist

Does anyone have first hand experience with a Boxster hardtop hoist?
Can you take the top on and off by yourself?
M10
Old 11-23-2012, 09:27 AM
BostonDuce
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.hoistlifts.com/hard-top-hoist/

I have the brake winch. You can leave the top hanging indefinitely, and drive in and out from under it. Totally a one person operation.

While it's possible for one person to remove and install the HT without help (since it's not heavy), it's the alignment of the rear cams that will get you. The cams hang there like fangs and they are unyielding. You don't have much room for error when you line them up, and an error means a nice dent in the upper rear body work.

Best to save all of that upper body strength and control for John Farrell, he's going to need someone to hit in the 3-hole.

BD
Old 11-23-2012, 11:54 AM
meteor10
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

BD
Thanks for the hoist info I think I will order one. As for as the John Farrell reference, I have to plead ignorance
M10
Old 11-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDuce
http://www.hoistlifts.com/hard-top-hoist/

I have the brake winch. You can leave the top hanging indefinitely, and drive in and out from under it. Totally a one person operation.

While it's possible for one person to remove and install the HT without help (since it's not heavy), it's the alignment of the rear cams that will get you. The cams hang there like fangs and they are unyielding. You don't have much room for error when you line them up, and an error means a nice dent in the upper rear body work.

Best to save all of that upper body strength and control for John Farrell, he's going to need someone to hit in the 3-hole.

BD
Someone needs to tell them how to spell BoxSter.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:30 PM
tinman
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It weighs 52 lbs, I'd use 2 people, and forget the scrawny girlfriend (mine cried that the 26 lbs was too "heavy")....come on, seriously...glad I have the car still and not the "dead weight"!!!

Quick Reply: Hardtop Hoist