Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DME ready status (smog related)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 10:50 PM
lithium1330
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Default DME ready status (smog related)

Hi all,

I am looking for some troubleshoot guidance before I get my '08 Boxster S smog.

I've tried twice following the BMW drive cycle (2:10 @ cold idle, 3:15 @ 28mph, 15min @ 58mph, 5:00 @ hot idle).
After which, my Durametric shows only the Evap (gas cap seal) and O2 sensor heater are in Pass (ready) status. However, my catalytic converter efficiency, O2 sensor and Secondary-air system (SAI) are fail (not ready) state.

My understanding is that the DME cycles through the SAI readiness during the 2:10 cold idle cycle. However, since the SAI still shows fail/not ready, I don't know if there is a problem with the SAI? I have no CEL/code related to SAI. Is the SAI not activated b/c the ambient temp is not cold enough for the pump to kick on, and therefore it didn't cycle through?

I suspect the O2 sensor, and therefore cat eff, could be result of my FVD tune. I'll have to flash back to stock if that makes a diff.

For now, I am hoping to get some guidance on the SAI issue.

Thanks!
Old 10-20-2014, 05:42 AM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

a good mix of driving usually gets all the systems ready eg highway/country/city/cruising/wide open throttle.it can take as long as 2 days...depends how long you can drive it. if it is easy just load the stock tune.i assume you have no issues with the battery.let us know how it works out for ya

Quick Reply: DME ready status (smog related)