Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It has arrived!!!!! If you hate ipanema don't click..you've been warned!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 03:00 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by jeanrabelais
I knew it would look different in light. Looks really really nice. IMO it's a Jewel like color that I think will age well and it really shows the shape of the car well. Not to wax poetic but it's sort of a magical color... subtle yet also a statement of sorts. I also like that it's not atavistic like some of the other blues. Looks modern. Looks like a light blue in some pics and pale green in others. The silver wheels look awesome and give contrast. You could even do black wheels, but I think silver is more classic.
you definitely did wax poetic, and it was a pleasure to read. Very happy for you to have received your car after all this time, and so many contributions to the forum. Please enjoy it to it's maximum.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:09 AM
Boxster7
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Milehigh981
My SA sent this to me. I'm still smiling ear to ear!

I'm visiting my FIL in the next few weeks and he does photography as a full time hobby. He'll take some good hig res pics for me.
Hi Milehigh.
Massive congrats !!
I placed my order back in April and with the forums feel we've shared the ride together. Been great following your journey and like others have said I was a little worried how your PTS might come out.
BUT..... that really is a very Special Car !
I'm loving the new Miami blue (as I do love a turquoise blue) but I think your colour looks even more special on the Spyder, silver wheels spot on too....
It's been a ridiculous long wait for these PTS cars, but now it's safely tucked away in your garage it's time to enjoy to the full !!

I took mine to Goodwood yesterday for my first track outing and it was fantastic !
You are going to have a ball....
Enjoy in good health.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:34 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fabulous.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:22 AM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 941 Likes on 540 Posts

congrats , I love the color
I drive both spyder and GT3 on weekends and find myself smiling more while driving spyder. My son who visited this weekend from out of town and this was the first time he drove spyder , said if he has to pick between spyder or GT3 , he will take spyder!
Old 05-10-2016, 09:34 AM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

My SA sent this to me. I'm still smiling ear to ear!

I'm visiting my FIL in the next few weeks and he does photography as a full time hobby. He'll take some good hig res pics for me.
That is the famous Spyder Smile. I know it well.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:48 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The more I look at the color, the more I like it. It's just a beautiful car. Love the red belts, too! Enjoy every minute of it. Now, put some clear corners on it. The amber ones have to go
Old 05-10-2016, 02:22 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 83 Posts

A lot of really nice PTS Spyders on this forum lately. Brilliant car...
Old 05-10-2016, 02:46 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Damn, I really need to see this car! The greenish look doesn't do it for me in these pictures (it's not bad, just wouldn't work for my wife and I), while the blue absolutely does! But I can't tell if it's an image processing issue or not!

Either way, it is a beautiful car!
Old 05-10-2016, 02:48 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,076 Likes on 1,185 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topi...-birthday.html

Old 05-10-2016, 04:56 PM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil G.
The more I look at the color, the more I like it. It's just a beautiful car. Love the red belts, too! Enjoy every minute of it. Now, put some clear corners on it. The amber ones have to go
Thanks Phil,
On my to do list!

Originally Posted by skiahh
Damn, I really need to see this car! The greenish look doesn't do it for me in these pictures (it's not bad, just wouldn't work for my wife and I), while the blue absolutely does! But I can't tell if it's an image processing issue or not!

Either way, it is a beautiful car!
Thanks! In low light it definitely has a green hue. Full sunlight the blue really shines through

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
Haha . I prefer this version of the song:
Old 05-10-2016, 04:59 PM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
you definitely did wax poetic, and it was a pleasure to read. Very happy for you to have received your car after all this time, and so many contributions to the forum. Please enjoy it to it's maximum.
Originally Posted by Boxster7
Hi Milehigh.
Massive congrats !!
I placed my order back in April and with the forums feel we've shared the ride together. Been great following your journey and like others have said I was a little worried how your PTS might come out.
BUT..... that really is a very Special Car !
I'm loving the new Miami blue (as I do love a turquoise blue) but I think your colour looks even more special on the Spyder, silver wheels spot on too....
It's been a ridiculous long wait for these PTS cars, but now it's safely tucked away in your garage it's time to enjoy to the full !!

I took mine to Goodwood yesterday for my first track outing and it was fantastic !
You are going to have a ball....
Enjoy in good health.
Originally Posted by John Boggiano
Fabulous.
Originally Posted by pitt911
congrats , I love the color
I drive both spyder and GT3 on weekends and find myself smiling more while driving spyder. My son who visited this weekend from out of town and this was the first time he drove spyder , said if he has to pick between spyder or GT3 , he will take spyder!
Big thanks to all!!
Originally Posted by jeanrabelais
That is the famous Spyder Smile. I know it well.
Smile is permanent! Showed my good buddy the car at lunch over at the BMW dealer. Everyone came out for a look

Quick Reply: It has arrived!!!!! If you hate ipanema don't click..you've been warned!