Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer refunded my GT3 deposit last week..

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 04:47 PM
JP Manor
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dealer refunded my GT3 deposit last week..

No call.. No email.. Just returned it to my CC. After 8 months of holding my money and insisting on a monthly basis that I'd get an allocation. During this time, I also bought a Cayenne from them.

I feel used...... I'm probably going to do something stupid and by a 458 now!
Old 03-05-2018, 04:50 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Sigh sorry to hear mate. The games/run-arounds that dealers are pulling with these GT-cars is actually astonishing. I guess it really speaks to Porsche's GT cars and how good they are, but also it allows some dealers to forgo any semblance of customer service since a sale is just about guaranteed.
Old 03-05-2018, 04:51 PM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow that sucks JP. You should call them and see what's going on; especially since you're a current customer of theirs.
Old 03-05-2018, 04:53 PM
PorscheFrank
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear that brother. Was it agreed that you would get it at MSRP? My guess is that there are a lot of people on lists that think they agreed to an MSRP deal but then when an allocation does come up the dealers just go out to the market and try to get the highest price. Frankly, I’m pretty sure that’s how I got mine. One dealer told me I’d be #15 on their list. Then all of sudden they had one customer with a medical condition that couldn’t take a car and offered it to me for $30k over. I said no. A couple weeks later they offer me a fully buildable allocation for $20k over... what happened to being #15?
Old 03-05-2018, 05:13 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,401 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by JP Manor
No call.. No email.. Just returned it to my CC. After 8 months of holding my money and insisting on a monthly basis that I'd get an allocation. During this time, I also bought a Cayenne from them.

Or buy a .1 RS
Old 03-05-2018, 05:26 PM
JP Manor
Instructor

Originally Posted by PorscheFrank
Sorry to hear that brother. Was it agreed that you would get it at MSRP? My guess is that there are a lot of people on lists that think they agreed to an MSRP deal but then when an allocation does come up the dealers just go out to the market and try to get the highest price. Frankly, I’m pretty sure that’s how I got mine. One dealer told me I’d be #15 on their list. Then all of sudden they had one customer with a medical condition that couldn’t take a car and offered it to me for $30k over. I said no. A couple weeks later they offer me a fully buildable allocation for $20k over... what happened to being #15?
Yes this was for an MSRP allocation because they are an "MSRP" dealer apparently. Prior to this, I had another dealer play a game where he and I verbally agreed for me to buy an allocation at a 10% markup, but once I got to their to sign the paperwork he tried to tack on an additional 15k! I literally got up from the desk and thanked him for wasting my time and walked out. He followed up with an email saying he's sorry but there's simply too much demand for this car and he'll keep me updated!

It's a shame, I have purchased numerous P cars from both of these dealers previously, and I don't think I'll be giving my business to Porsche again anytime in the near future. I should have known I was being played even though I have a large email chain where he confirms that I'll get an allocation numerous times.

If they were honest from the beginning and simply would have said it's not going to happen, that would have been fine.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:27 PM
JP Manor
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Or buy a .1 RS
I'm thinking 458 at this point. The whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:45 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 725 Likes on 340 Posts

458 is a brilliant, wicked and thrilling car. It's also nicely into its depreciation.

You can't go wrong.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:46 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 423 Likes on 251 Posts

458 is fantastic
Old 03-05-2018, 05:50 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Yes this was for an MSRP allocation because they are an "MSRP" dealer apparently. Prior to this, I had another dealer play a game where he and I verbally agreed for me to buy an allocation at a 10% markup, but once I got to their to sign the paperwork he tried to tack on an additional 15k! I literally got up from the desk and thanked him for wasting my time and walked out. He followed up with an email saying he's sorry but there's simply too much demand for this car and he'll keep me updated!

It's a shame, I have purchased numerous P cars from both of these dealers previously, and I don't think I'll be giving my business to Porsche again anytime in the near future. I should have known I was being played even though I have a large email chain where he confirms that I'll get an allocation numerous times.

If they were honest from the beginning and simply would have said it's not going to happen, that would have been fine.

Sorry to hear this. I feel exactly like you. Just be honest up front. Too many dealers don't get this.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:52 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

Have you talked to the GM? It's amazing that these dealers will kick a prior customer to the curb over these GT cars. At least you got your deposit back without a fight but no call, email or explanation is unacceptable customer service.
Old 03-05-2018, 06:06 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 721 Likes on 394 Posts

At a very minimum, they should have had the common decency to let you know in some way. Phone call would be best, but even text or e-mail is better than nothing!
Total lack of class and respect.
Enjoy the 458!
Old 03-05-2018, 06:19 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,401 Likes on 726 Posts

I'm thinking 458 at this point. The whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth.
Can not blame you.

My back up plan was also a 458 because not a huge fan of the big *** wing(RS) and always wanted to own a Ferrari at least once. There are some good deals out there right now. And most, if not all, the posted prices are negotiable.

Now - I would also say you should go talk to the GM in person. Get the scoop from him and see what can be worked out. I state this because it worked out for me when I sat down with the GM and Sales Manager at the same time
Old 03-05-2018, 06:20 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 239 Posts

The aspect of this that continues to puzzle me is that "dealers need customers". Treat a customer this way and it is likely they will not return to the store. Most dealer's are not granted large amount of GT allocations. They need other sales to obtain the much needed manufacturer rebates, enhanced allocation programs and assistance for advertising, floor planning etc. I am a free market guy and don't mind ADM's one bit, not that I will ever pay one. There is a way for the dealer to have those desired mark up's and not upset a repeat customer - be upfront, honest and treat the customer the way you would want to be treated. I really am puzzled why Porsche permits this behavior with their halo car.
Old 03-05-2018, 06:26 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This has been happening a lot lately. By the way, there is absolutely NOTHING stupid about buying a 458... I bought one and absolutely love it. The car is a blast.

Quick Reply: Dealer refunded my GT3 deposit last week..