Sponsored by:

GT3's available

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 06:51 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
I don’t know the history of Porsche chandler. Have never bought a car there but have had good interactions with a sales rep who has been upfront and honest with me but I get it there must be some bad mojo from the past.

not defending the dealership by any means but was just reporting that having a Gt3 at a dealer is nothing special.
I bought my 3RS from Chandler Porsche and paid the ADM to get it. I have had nothing but good experiences so far with them. I must have come in at the right time! Timing sometimes is everything. In their case, they ended up getting a couple extra cars they didn't plan on and then all their 3RS customers traded in GT3s. That's why they have several GT3s for sale. The other thing that has hurt them is the owner is adamant that they sell the cars in their market. They could have sold several of those cars if they would have started selling out of state. At the end of the day, it's their business and they have to do what is the most profitable for them. Yes, I understand that short term thinking can hurt a business, but my bet is when the next shinny GT3RS comes in a few years, most of us will forget the past and will be ready to line up for another one.

On another note, Chandler Porsche service department is fantastic. Dan has been with the brand for 20+ years and knows these cars well. I had a problem with my 993 that an Inde shop couldn't figure out. Told Dan about it and he knew the problem in 1 minute and fixed it.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:22 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,260 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
No sales tax provided you live in AZ. Bring it into other states and sales/use tax (where applicable) will be charged upon registration.
Which is why I specifically referenced Arizona.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:57 AM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Agent_Orange
When you disrespect your customer by calling him a sap right to his face with ADM, removing his choices and making him pay extra for it, then this process is unbalanced.

There is a reason why Chandler Porsche has been sitting on those cars for a long time.
It is the way they treat their customers
They have had them now for 6 solid months loosing their asses on them.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:53 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt
They have had them now for 6 solid months loosing their asses on them.
For sure. When I traded my GT3 in last fall, they gave me MSRP for it. I think they did the same for several of the others too. Then the market tanked about 30 days later. They will definitely be losing money on those cars. I'm not worried though, they will make it up somewhere else.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:50 PM
Jzips
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

I don’t understand people complaining about dealer prices for used cars. They cost what they cost. Dealer can charge what they want. You can’t afford it, or don’t like the price, buy somewhere/something else. Tedious.
Old 06-16-2019, 02:21 PM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Jzips
I don’t understand people complaining about dealer prices for used cars. They cost what they cost. Dealer can charge what they want. You can’t afford it, or don’t like the price, buy somewhere/something else. Tedious.
Agreed. No complaints about price or service.

Heck, I paid $30k ADM for my Touring and would have gladly given that to Porsche Chandler to get the car spec'ed my way. I just think it is ironical that I did all that effort to chase a GT3 down, they still said "No", and then they have heaps unsold on their showroom floor;
To recap
- I bought a second GT4 there with a verbal promise to be on the GT3 list
- We had done $240k in GT car business during their first 6 months of opening their doors May 2016
- Including the sweet $30 k profit they made selling my 997.2 GT3 on their showroom floor.
- All my Porsches were serviced there regularly
- 5+ personal visits and emails

Bottom Line: I'm not a guy off the street cold calling them, I'm local, established, repeat customer that always services his Porsches there, had a verbal promise by Sales manager and Sales associate to be on GT3 list.

Such is life, you can't win them all but I'm not going to sit on my buns when there is a great Porsche to be bought! I hit the secondary market and got my spec exactly they way I want so it all works out for the best. Better yet I found a superb secondary broker, Veltracon, with an amazing networking ability and everything was up front in a signed contract - no dealer games AND he turned me on to a $200 discount at the Porsche Experience Center Atlanta.
Veltracon has done more for me than my local dealer on spreading Porsche enthusiasm!

We had a simply epic drive from PEC ATL to Chandler AZ and the Touring driving experience just keeps on getting better!

Now time for the CCB brake conversion project, caliper painting and printing, also found an independent when I normally go to the dealer:
https://www.apexcustoms.com/

Last edited by Agent_Orange; 06-16-2019 at 02:38 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 02:30 PM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Link to our trip in the Touring: https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...a-touring.html

Montoya suggested an upcoming summer Oregon trip to get some PTS cars together and I'm thinking taking the Touring to Canada for the summer might be fun....
Old 06-16-2019, 07:31 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,481 Likes on 952 Posts

When you disrespect your customer by calling him a sap right to his face with ADM, removing his choices and making him pay extra for it, then this process is unbalanced.

There is a reason why Chandler Porsche has been sitting on those cars for a long time.
It is the way they treat their customers
Interesting.

Even if I won the Powerball, I'd NEVER be paying ADM for a GT3. Ever.
Old 06-16-2019, 07:35 PM
chance6
Race Car

Originally Posted by Maverick787
GT3’s available that’s like saying the corner store has milk today
157 of the 2018-2019 variety GT3's available on Autotrader including Private sellers.

It was 180 at end of April.
Old 06-16-2019, 07:48 PM
chance6
Race Car

Originally Posted by joejenie
For sure. When I traded my GT3 in last fall, they gave me MSRP for it. I think they did the same for several of the others too. Then the market tanked about 30 days later. They will definitely be losing money on those cars. I'm not worried though, they will make it up somewhere else.
Well I'm sure they bank-rolled the ADM paid on previous GT3/RS and I'm sure will supplement their incomes by ADM on 992 GT3.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:46 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

. Heck, I paid $30k ADM for my Touring and would have gladly given that to Porsche Chandler to get the car spec'ed my way. I just think it is ironical that I did all that effort to chase a GT3 down, they still said "No".
This just seems weird to me. You were willing to pay $30k over MSRP for a GT3, and the dealer still didn’t want your business, even after selling several cars to you previously? Was there a conflict in those prior transactions that made them want to cut ties with you? What am I missing? Surely there is more to this story.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:34 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Agreed. No complaints about price or service.

Heck, I paid $30k ADM for my Touring and would have gladly given that to Porsche Chandler to get the car spec'ed my way. I just think it is ironical that I did all that effort to chase a GT3 down, they still said "No", and then they have heaps unsold on their showroom floor;
To recap
- I bought a second GT4 there with a verbal promise to be on the GT3 list
- We had done $240k in GT car business during their first 6 months of opening their doors May 2016
- Including the sweet $30 k profit they made selling my 997.2 GT3 on their showroom floor.
- All my Porsches were serviced there regularly
- 5+ personal visits and emails

Bottom Line: I'm not a guy off the street cold calling them, I'm local, established, repeat customer that always services his Porsches there, had a verbal promise by Sales manager and Sales associate to be on GT3 list.

Such is life, you can't win them all but I'm not going to sit on my buns when there is a great Porsche to be bought! I hit the secondary market and got my spec exactly they way I want so it all works out for the best. Better yet I found a superb secondary broker, Veltracon, with an amazing networking ability and everything was up front in a signed contract - no dealer games AND he turned me on to a $200 discount at the Porsche Experience Center Atlanta.
Veltracon has done more for me than my local dealer on spreading Porsche enthusiasm!

We had a simply epic drive from PEC ATL to Chandler AZ and the Touring driving experience just keeps on getting better!

Now time for the CCB brake conversion project, caliper painting and printing, also found an independent when I normally go to the dealer:
https://www.apexcustoms.com/
Scott, I don't know for sure, but maybe the issue is you aren't really a local customer. You live in Scottsdale correct? I think they wanted to sell to people who lived in the southeast valley first (Chandler, Gilbert, etc.) When I first contacted them, I was looking for a GT3. They didn't have any of them, but asked if I was interested in the GT3RS instead. As you know, they auctioned those 5 positions to the highest bidders and I bid and got one of them. Knowing what I know now, I would have declined the bid and waited, but I was fairly new to the Porsche game (Had only bought 2 other new Porsche's in the last 10 years). So I really figured they were only getting those 5 and I wanted one (they ended up actually getting 10). Oh well, I'm still happy I paid the freight and got the one I wanted. That was over a year ago and during that time, they have never had a new GT3 come available. They were all delivered to customers. The ones they have sitting are trade ins from customers. They do have 2 of the 10 3RS sitting there as well as 1 of the 5 2RS that they received. This was the first car I had bought from them, but I did own a new 991.2 GT3 and a Macan, so they knew I was a real buyer.

Quick Reply: GT3's available