Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mr. JWW buys a new GT3

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 07:15 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 14 Posts

I heard JWW talk on a podcast, about his past life being in some type of design or engineering field. He created some mildly successfull product, was planning to purchase his first home with the funds. Instead bought an Audi R8, took a gamble and tried his hand at vids, success followed. Seems like a pretty good guy...certainly like this choice in long term cars. (GT3 manual)
Old 06-28-2019, 04:32 PM
iphilips
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by K_style
Any pics of your final product?
Took me a little longer to get the pics done.. but here you go. Quality of pics is ****e due to low light.

10 x 10 foam from amazon, cut in half, glued together then reduced the width by ~1 inch to fit between the velcro sections of the back of the seat

In position, about 2-3 inches above the seat base (whatever feels good for you). I've used not adhesive here, the foam and seat material is enough to hold it in place

Seat insert back on, hard to see but there is now a slight lumbar bulge vs the mostly flat stock seat.
Old 06-28-2019, 05:03 PM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by WantA997
Half are in massive debt.

The other half need a "Powered by Dad" windshield banner.
I never understood this. Aren't we working to better our kids future? His father money was his father money, wich in turn was his father money. That's the fckng objective, for the family and generations to either prosper or be comfortable. Why is this treated like a bad thing?
Pretty much everything we have was created by someone who already had a good base to step up. Few are the good lasting things that come from those who came from rock bottom.
Old 06-28-2019, 05:56 PM
Will Motivation
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 36 Posts

I went the same route as Mr. JWW just a few weeks ago going from a PDK to a manual... Also about to install the seat angle brackets!

Anyone else switch to the manual from PDK? Do you miss the PDK or love the manual too much? I kind of miss my PDK at times but I'm hoping manual holds it's value a bit more
Old 06-28-2019, 06:14 PM
Fdvigna
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 68 Posts

Mine is PDK and that’s what I wanted ... not sure about the value of one over the other, but personally I don’t really care. I love driving it and that’s what really matters to me in terms of value.

I’ve been watching your videos and love that Hellcat. Good partnership with Mike too. Enjoy your little Porsche in good health!!!
Old 06-28-2019, 06:16 PM
Will Motivation
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
Mine is PDK and that’s what I wanted ... not sure about the value of one over the other, but personally I don’t really care. I love driving it and that’s what really matters to me in terms of value.

I’ve been watching your videos and love that Hellcat. Good partnership with Mike too. Enjoy your little Porsche in good health!!!
Hey thanks! Yea, you're right. The fun you get driving these cars is unmatched. Appreciate it. Enjoy yours in good health as well. I've had a great experience thus far joining the Porsche family.

Quick Reply: Mr. JWW buys a new GT3