Sponsored by:

Need a Detailer in Carmel CA

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 05:46 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 778 Likes on 344 Posts
Default Need a Detailer in Carmel CA

I’m in Mammoth today and Carmel Wednesday. Need a detailer bad. Killed every bug between here and HOUSTON.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:43 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

You mean all 3 of them.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:28 PM
C6 ZED
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Detailer in Carmel-By-The Sea

Beautiful car to be driving cross country. I have driven by this place many times but can't vouch for their work or if they hand wash in case they can't handle a GT3 due to clearance.... Rancho Car Wash: 26265 Carmel Rancho Blvd, Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA 93923. There might be a full on detailing shop in Monterey if nothing is available in Carmel.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:04 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt
You mean all 3 of them.
Well not exactly.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:24 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 174 Posts

^ That’s how it’s supposed to be! I am doing an WA/ID/MT/BC/AB tour later this summer. The bug death toll will rise significantly!
Old 07-02-2019, 07:06 AM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by montoya
^ That’s how it’s supposed to be! I am doing an WA/ID/MT/BC/AB tour later this summer. The bug death toll will rise significantly!
That is awesome! Our trip will extend to Oregon Washington BC and end in Seattle. I’ll ship the car home from there. Some tips

xpel on the car
a light 70 tint on glass which is the most clear I think. I used xpel’s top quality film for clarity and UV protection. This is a must in the Southwest or it can be uncomfortable.
just in case I brought a wheel torque wrench, (444lbs capable) correct center lock moly and a tire plug kit
stay in places that have secured parking - you will sleep better
nitrogen fill on your tires. Big altitude changes and temp changes screw with pressures and TPMS sensors
carbono front license plate holder. You arnt getting into Canada without a front plate
i switched over to the Michelin Sport Pilot 4S tire for their more all weather nature and love them

best driving experience of my life. The run from Death Valley to Mammoth was so epic words cannot describe. You can follow my trip on insta @porscheroadtripping if you want

Last edited by TexasPorschelover; 07-02-2019 at 10:25 AM.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:03 AM
ad2330
Racer

Received 245 Likes on 61 Posts

haha, very nice! Nothing like a bug killing road trip!
Old 07-02-2019, 11:26 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasPorschelover

That is awesome! Our trip will extend to Oregon Washington BC and end in Seattle. I’ll ship the car home from there. Some tips

xpel on the car
a light 70 tint on glass which is the most clear I think. I used xpel’s top quality film for clarity and UV protection. This is a must in the Southwest or it can be uncomfortable.
just in case I brought a wheel torque wrench, (444lbs capable) correct center lock moly and a tire plug kit
stay in places that have secured parking - you will sleep better
nitrogen fill on your tires. Big altitude changes and temp changes screw with pressures and TPMS sensors
carbono front license plate holder. You arnt getting into Canada without a front plate
i switched over to the Michelin Sport Pilot 4S tire for their more all weather nature and love them

best driving experience of my life. The run from Death Valley to Mammoth was so epic words cannot describe. You can follow my trip on insta @porscheroadtripping if you want
I hadn’t heard about the front plate issue in Canada- what if you come from a state that doesn’t require one- like Tennessee?

Of course we have already taken the car on an extended road trip during Euro delivery- Xpel on 80% of the car. I keep my road detail kit with me to clean off the bugs every night so we start off fresh every day. My big prep work is to sound insulate the cabin per others here. While it was fine in Europe, you will find here in the PACNW laws allowing studded tires in winter have done a good job of turning major highways into an exposed aggregate and rutted mess that increases tire roar to an unacceptable level. I did something similar to my GS Vette along with changing to Conti Sport tires and it turned the car into a great GT.

Enjoy your trip- make sure to take some side trips in Monterey- there are lots of uncrowded byways off of Hwy 1- which unfortunately is almost always too busy for fun except late at night and early in the AM.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:17 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

That looks like a great trip!

Here's the #1 listing on Yelp for detailers in the Carmel area.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/peerless-mo...Auto+Detailing

Never used them, though.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:04 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by C5driver
That looks like a great trip!

Here's the #1 listing on Yelp for detailers in the Carmel area.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/peerless-mo...Auto+Detailing

Never used them, though.

Thank you. Peerless did a great job

Quick Reply: Need a Detailer in Carmel CA