Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any experience with Chicago Motor Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 04:16 PM
mjj
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

3 pedal - what current cars do you have now?
Old 05-24-2020, 05:01 PM
StanfordCardGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

people should stop responding to the thread
Old 05-24-2020, 05:23 PM
Fang911
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 207 Posts

Over 200 posts...amazing. This thread is like a gapers delay- nothing to see but cant tear your eyes away. First it was the car, followed by which car, rennfax, insurance, then which car again, round and round.

Blame our amygdalas for prolonging this.
Old 05-24-2020, 05:48 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 309 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by StanfordCardGT3
people should stop responding to the thread
Well, notice that 3-Pedals has stopped...
Old 05-24-2020, 07:01 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,559 Likes on 862 Posts

Wow.... I think some people just like to flame others and cause drama. I dont understand what I did wrong. There is a limit to number of posts one must meet and not exceed before purchasing a Porsche? Maybe some people have the mentality of going through these cars faster than socks in their drawers, I’m not one of them.

I put the sale on hold pending finding insurance with a “normal” premium. What exactly is the issue here? Which I resolved now but because of the long weekend, things will continue being on hold till Tuesday. I never bought a 200k car. Hence I never had to shop for insurance for one. Would you have proceeded with a $5000 quote if you were me? No you wouldnt.

One thing that really blows my mind is, no matter how nice you are and how gentleman you can try to be, there will always be those arrogant cocky people who has no purpose but to stir **** up in a forum. They will come to a thread with 200 posts, read post 23, 145, and 189 and skip everything in between, misquote something to their benefit just to stir **** up. What is the point?

And on that note, what is the point of arguing or trying to expose someone’s faults to your entertainment? I am staring at 10+ threads on the front page of this forum where I could easily, just to entertain myself, do the same but I dont. I have a mental switch in me that simply says “dont post unless there is something constructive to say” done.

This is literally like the social media bullying little kids do to each other. Please grow up.

Anyways, this thread was extremely helpful to me. I knew nothing about a buying experience with these cars, now I know a lot more. Thanks everyone for their help and guidance. I’m going to stop subscribing to this thread because I dont have time feeding the flamers. Once I have the RS in my possessing, I’ll post a proper intro thread.

Thank you
The following users liked this post:
feh (05-24-2020)
Old 05-24-2020, 10:54 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

If you posted some pictures of home cooked meat, you could get another 5000 views!!
Old 05-24-2020, 11:04 PM
fijibubba
Burning Brakes

Received 627 Likes on 332 Posts
Originally Posted by pdxjim
If you posted some pictures of home cooked meat, you could get another 5000 views!!
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂👍🏻
Old 05-25-2020, 12:36 AM
silvertige
Pro

Received 195 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by pdxjim

Prime rib... been eating quite well during quarantine actually.
pdxjim (05-25-2020)
Old 05-25-2020, 12:55 AM
stanwine
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

CMC
https://patch.com/illinois/wheaton/a...awsuit-7500000
Old 05-25-2020, 09:00 AM
cadster
Instructor

Received 268 Likes on 100 Posts

In my experience, the deal should never be more important than the car. Not at these price points. In the long run, you will be much happier if you buy the car, then buy the deal. In other words, target the exact car you want, then strike the best deal you can on it. Quibbling over $5,000-10,000 at this level is silly. The actual car is many orders of magnitude more crucial than $5-10,000. If there is a bona fide budget constraint, perhaps it better to take more time expanding the budget. For most true auto enthusiasts, the quality of the car will provide much more durable satisfaction than the quality of the deal.

Regarding insurance, I use State Farm and I am not even $500/mon combined on my four cars (2018 Performante, 2019 812, 2005 Ford GT, 2017 Viper ACR). I’m located in Charlotte, NC, and maybe that is the difference maker.
Napoli (05-26-2020)
Old 05-25-2020, 09:52 PM
itrsteve
Burning Brakes

Received 692 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
Wow.... I think some people just like to flame others and cause drama. I dont understand what I did wrong. There is a limit to number of posts one must meet and not exceed before purchasing a Porsche? Maybe some people have the mentality of going through these cars faster than socks in their drawers, I’m not one of them.

I put the sale on hold pending finding insurance with a “normal” premium. What exactly is the issue here? Which I resolved now but because of the long weekend, things will continue being on hold till Tuesday. I never bought a 200k car. Hence I never had to shop for insurance for one. Would you have proceeded with a $5000 quote if you were me? No you wouldnt.

One thing that really blows my mind is, no matter how nice you are and how gentleman you can try to be, there will always be those arrogant cocky people who has no purpose but to stir **** up in a forum. They will come to a thread with 200 posts, read post 23, 145, and 189 and skip everything in between, misquote something to their benefit just to stir **** up. What is the point?

And on that note, what is the point of arguing or trying to expose someone’s faults to your entertainment? I am staring at 10+ threads on the front page of this forum where I could easily, just to entertain myself, do the same but I dont. I have a mental switch in me that simply says “dont post unless there is something constructive to say” done.

This is literally like the social media bullying little kids do to each other. Please grow up.

Anyways, this thread was extremely helpful to me. I knew nothing about a buying experience with these cars, now I know a lot more. Thanks everyone for their help and guidance. I’m going to stop subscribing to this thread because I dont have time feeding the flamers. Once I have the RS in my possessing, I’ll post a proper intro thread.

Thank you
Don’t read into it too much. You’re asking reasonable questions, the 992 GT cars are on the way and the whales will follow (no matter what they say now). Without Cars and Coffee, there’s not a whole lot to do other than redirect superiority to the internet instead.

If you need hope, skim through the GT3 sections for the 997 and 996 post titles and content. Better times are on the way.

It’s a significant purchase, it’s only reasonable to think it out. Hopefully there were a few helpful replies.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:43 PM
GlazierGlaze
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Going to ask the one person I know at CMC and see if the Lizard Green GT3 RS is pending sale. I bet he will say no.

Edit: The car is 100% available for sale.

Last edited by GlazierGlaze; 05-25-2020 at 11:32 PM.
Old 05-26-2020, 12:07 AM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 309 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by GlazierGlaze
Going to ask the one person I know at CMC and see if the Lizard Green GT3 RS is pending sale. I bet he will say no.

Duh, of COURSE IT IS....
Old 05-26-2020, 12:16 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by GlazierGlaze

Where does the OP say that it was pending sale?

Sand in the vag? You guys are jumping this guy like a bunch of 12 year old girls.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:44 AM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,559 Likes on 862 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Where does the OP say that it was pending sale?

Sand in the vag? You guys are jumping this guy like a bunch of 12 year old girls.
Its OK. Let them. It only shows their true self. I’m glad I am not the only one who sees this.

Anyways, I will no longer post the details of my journey here. Its clear that some people need entertainment (maybe because they are stuck at home and bored?) and chose this thread as a venue for one. I will not enable them.

Going forward, I will not be sharing the details of my purchase. I appreciate for everyone’s help and guidance (those people know who they are, they are great people).

Thank you

Quick Reply: Any experience with Chicago Motor Cars?