Sponsored by:

Purchase advice 991:1 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 06:27 PM
Finmac
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Purchase advice 991:1 GT3

I have had three x 911s (993 C2 and 2 x 996tt) thinking of taking the plunge with first GT car And have my eye on a 991:1 GT3. Its spec is, 2015, 7K miles, CS, steel brakes. Car has an OPC warranty in place and I am wondering what to look out for pre-purchase please? Do these cars need checking for over revs and what about the front strut\inner wing failures, are there any checks to do in that regard? Plus anything else, Thanks guys!
Old 06-25-2020, 07:47 PM
ksozay
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

- All 991.1 GT3s (2014-2016) have a 10 year warranty on the engine. Read sticky for more info on engine issue. So I recommend checking the engine version on the car you’re interested in. There should be a sticker in the engine bay that will list the engine variant (E/F/G). Knowing if the motor has been replaced is good info.

- Do a PPI. Less about checking for hidden problems than it is about checking state of wearables. Especially pads, rotors, etc.

- Check service history.

Other than that, car is pretty bulletproof. Blast to drive.

Old 06-26-2020, 12:37 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

I put 28,000 Miles on my GT3-1 and enjoyed it enormously, as I do my GT3-2. I'm certain you will also.
I replaced my Engine twice and the PDK Tranny Once. The Transmission is a very expensive component which
is not covered by the 10 Year Engine replacement Porsche Warranty. Other than the normal Chassis, Suspension
and Braking systems I would check the Transmission Shifting very carefully over all the gear ranges. You also should
check the rear Axle Boots for any tears or cuts through which lubricants can leak. I would also carefully examine,
re-lubricate and re-Torque carefully the Centerlock mechanisms on each wheel. If you are not purchasing the
GT3 through a Porsche Dealer, I would bring it into a Porsche Dealer to do a careful and complete inspection for you
as they should know the car best. If the Transmission has been working perfectly, their should be no serious Over-Revs.
This is also easily confirmed by any Porsche Dealer.

Quick Reply: Purchase advice 991:1 GT3