Sponsored by:

GT3 Dundon in Bellevue/Pacific Northwest

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 08:15 AM
ncp
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default GT3 Dundon in Bellevue/Pacific Northwest

I am planning to install Dundon's street header and side delete system, but remain undecided on which center to go with. I've searched online and for every sound clip available, but have yet to hear the system in person (will also pay a visit to Dundon as needed). So searching for GT3 Dundon users with any center variations (loud, quiet, stock, other after market, etc) of the above who would be kind enough to allow me to hear your system in person? Happy of course to make the trek to your locale whenever convenient.

Thank you!
Old 06-30-2020, 10:32 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by ncp
I am planning to install Dundon's street header and side delete system, but remain undecided on which center to go with. I've searched online and for every sound clip available, but have yet to hear the system in person (will also pay a visit to Dundon as needed). So searching for GT3 Dundon users with any center variations (loud, quiet, stock, other after market, etc) of the above who would be kind enough to allow me to hear your system in person? Happy of course to make the trek to your locale whenever convenient.

Thank you!
have you talked with Dundon? You are in their back yard! Pay Jamie and team a visit. It will really help you IMO.
The following users liked this post:
Perimeter (06-30-2020)
Old 06-30-2020, 12:02 PM
ncp
Instructor

Originally Posted by sgroer
have you talked with Dundon? You are in their back yard! Pay Jamie and team a visit. It will really help you IMO.
Yes, thnx. I have spoken with Jamie and hope to visit, especially at such time that they perform a local install to have a listen in person. That said, in the mean time there's various iterations around the area that could help narrow things.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:13 PM
kaimuki
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I have a touring and plan to do street headers with side deletes plus throttle body/intake. Because I only track a handful of times a year will be sticking with the stock muffler for now. 2.5 instead of 3" flow but I don't think power with that set-up is affected much at all compared to the DM exhausts. Might upgrade to a loud Dundon if I get the bug or if needed to open things up better if I got a tune etc.

Why not get you headers/deletes to enjoy in the nice weather and then take a bit more time to track down someone with the Dundon examples? Maybe ride in the cars as well instead of just listening form the outside.

No matter what, we are incredibly lucky to have that shop in the area!
Old 06-30-2020, 07:59 PM
ksozay
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

In Bellevue and have been considering visiting Dundon. I'm with @ncp on hoping to hear one in person before trying to schedule a visit with the Dundon folks.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:35 PM
ncp
Instructor

Originally Posted by kaimuki
I have a touring and plan to do street headers with side deletes plus throttle body/intake. Because I only track a handful of times a year will be sticking with the stock muffler for now. 2.5 instead of 3" flow but I don't think power with that set-up is affected much at all compared to the DM exhausts. Might upgrade to a loud Dundon if I get the bug or if needed to open things up better if I got a tune etc.

Why not get you headers/deletes to enjoy in the nice weather and then take a bit more time to track down someone with the Dundon examples? Maybe ride in the cars as well instead of just listening form the outside.

True story- thnx.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:11 PM
nathan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 403 Likes on 122 Posts

Hit me up, I'm on the Eastside and I have one with the full Dundon setup you can look, see and hear!
The following users liked this post:
ksozay (07-04-2020)
Old 07-01-2020, 09:42 PM
ncp
Instructor

Originally Posted by nathan1
Hit me up, I'm on the Eastside and I have one with the full Dundon setup you can look, see and hear!
Thank you, Nathan!

PM sent.

Nick
Old 07-03-2020, 01:36 PM
erliuic
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by kaimuki

I've seen people break their center muffler when doing headers without upgrading to the lifetime center muffler. I'm not sure if that was with or without cats though.

Old 07-03-2020, 01:44 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 263 Likes on 141 Posts

Just curious: Do these after-market exhaust systems pass noise ordinance laws in most urban environments?
Old 07-03-2020, 02:39 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Stop by Cantrell, they are right there in Bellevue and often have different 911s w/aftermarket exhausts.
Very approachable. ]
I first met Colin in 1996 just after he opened his first shop in Kirkland with only one lift and was renting the rest as secure car parking/storage space.
Been a customer ever since.
Old 07-03-2020, 02:59 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 991 Likes on 512 Posts

Originally Posted by erliuic
I've seen people break their center muffler when doing headers without upgrading to the lifetime center muffler. I'm not sure if that was with or without cats though.
I put close to 11,000 miles on my .2 6 speed with Dundon street headers and the stock muffler. Zero issues.

Quick Reply: GT3 Dundon in Bellevue/Pacific Northwest