Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2020, 05:56 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by krell
Jonny, I don't believe in always airing dirty laundry in the forum, and I'm sure you recognize that considering the amount of time I have been patiently waiting for a solution. While no one in their right mind would hold any reasonable delay against you due to COVID please acknowledge that you've been aware of my issue for over a year and was supposed to have a solution in Q1. Had that occurred we wouldn't be here. When numerous people reached out to me about my impressions of the silenced pipe in the last month I gave them honest feedback, and the OP asked if I would post that in his thread. I simply want this resolved in a manner commensurate with a firm that I believe is as quality conscious as yours is.

I just put the *** end of my GT3 on ramps so I can get under the car and begin monkey-ing with the exhaust. I will check the various clamps, re-position everything, and if I can get my torque wrench in place I'll cinch things up to 22lb ft as instructed.
I reached out earlier via email also and re sent my last correspondence to your email sent 10th of this month. Hopefully you received ok.

It’s getting a bit late here however feel free to get back to me on email with your findings and hopefully we can get to the bottom of it.

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
Old 07-24-2020, 05:58 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by Atlas911TT
Any dyno with the silenced race pipe and OEM headers ?
The Dyno above is Race Pipe with OEM headers. The non silenced race pipe performs almost identically to the silenced version with the only difference being the silencer section which runs the same I/D as the main flow

JC
Old 07-24-2020, 06:59 PM
CaymanSinAR
Rennlist Member

Received 635 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by krell
I will check the various clamps, re-position everything, and if I can get my torque wrench in place I'll cinch things up to 22lb ft as instructed.
16lb/ft.

22Nm.
The following users liked this post:
991.2 Gt3 Rs (07-29-2020)
Old 07-24-2020, 07:09 PM
horns
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche

I guess we're digressing slightly now from the original topic however I felt it was important to defend our products somewhat as some comments are inferring that we're claiming stuff that isn't true. I think we're more guilty of not making claims to be honest, if anything we're probably underselling the products we offer.
JC
Thanks for sharing. To be clear, I wasn't inferring your claims weren't true. I was simply saying that they had yet to be supported with the data you repeatedly said was coming but hadn't until today.

It is certainly within your right to not post the results of your other products, but I'm sure there is interest. The thread you did of your headers with results has a lot of views.

Good luck. Having multiple makers is a good thing for us. I have no hard feelings, and I continue to be a happy owner of your race pipe just as I was before you posted data today. My hearing on the otherhand has probably diminished a bit since I had it installed.
Old 07-24-2020, 10:16 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

I have 7000 miles on my 3RS and have had a JCR race pipe for 6000 miles. I have done several 3 day road rallies and the exhaust is hands down the best sounding. It is loud but in a good way, if not doing a JCR I would suggest the Dundeon Crack Pipe as my buddy has one and it is great also.
Old 07-25-2020, 12:18 AM
Jickel180
Rennlist Member

Received 444 Likes on 238 Posts

Maybe it's the name, or the odd conical design to me, but the crack pipe isn't in the same league as a JCR race pipe. It's just loud and lacking the RSR note.
Old 07-25-2020, 03:13 AM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Received 283 Likes on 130 Posts

The JCR silenced race pipes combined with Akrapovic Ti headers were the lightest and best sound my GT3RS ever produced. At a later time I went with Dundon headers and Center muffler, things got quieter, power-wise I could not feel a difference in the upper range, but low and mid-range was definitely better with Dundon. Later I went with Dundon Center and the whole Dundon intake, it is another car, much more powerful and lively and mean than anything before. It sounds awesome with all the Dundon stuff, and I get valves control with Dundon too.
The following users liked this post:
TNturboS (08-23-2021)
Old 07-25-2020, 12:02 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 173 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by A/S
The JCR silenced race pipes combined with Akrapovic Ti headers were the lightest and best sound my GT3RS ever produced. At a later time I went with Dundon headers and Center muffler, things got quieter, power-wise I could not feel a difference in the upper range, but low and mid-range was definitely better with Dundon. Later I went with Dundon Center and the whole Dundon intake, it is another car, much more powerful and lively and mean than anything before. It sounds awesome with all the Dundon stuff, and I get valves control with Dundon too.
when you added dundon power package (i.e. intake and TB) did you do this on your .1 RS or .2 RS?
Old 07-25-2020, 12:15 PM
Somy
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, This is a great thread! I was just thinking about changing my Akrapovik Evo for JCR Valved to get more sound out of my car. I have evo headers with 100 cell cats, What do you guys think??

1) Keep the full Akrapovik System
2) Keep Akra headers and swap out Akra for JCR Vavled?
Old 07-25-2020, 12:17 PM
Atlas911TT
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Somy
Wow, This is a great thread! I was just thinking about changing my Akrapovik Evo for JCR Valved to get more sound out of my car. I have evo headers with 100 cell cats, What do you guys think??

1) Keep the full Akrapovik System
2) Keep Akra headers and swap out Akra for JCR Vavled?

I would add option 3) Akra Headers and Silenced Race Pipe
Old 07-25-2020, 12:33 PM
Somy
Track Day

Originally Posted by Atlas911TT
I would add option 3) Akra Headers and Silenced Race Pipe
You don't like the valved?
Old 07-25-2020, 01:14 PM
Atlas911TT
Instructor

I dont have exhaust yet, still trying to decide between race pipe and silenced race pipe. I dont like the valves as I dont like the transition and dont want my exhaust just to be loud about 4K, I want some down low sound as well.
Old 07-25-2020, 04:56 PM
Somy
Track Day

Akrapovik sounds good from low to high RPM but not crazy loud. I bought my car with it so not sure about the transition everyone is talking about. Doesn't seem like people like it though.
Old 07-25-2020, 05:00 PM
hashash
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 142 Posts

Get the JCR silenced race
Old 07-25-2020, 05:22 PM
Atlas911TT
Instructor

For those of you who have the race pipe, how is the sound below 4K? Does it sounds literally like a car with no mufflers? Or is there some nice character to it?

All the race pipe videos I have seen are full throttle, none on idle or rolling.

Quick Reply: JCR Race Pipe Vs Soul Modular System: the good, bad and ugly