Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JCR Race Pipe Vs Soul Modular System: the good, bad and ugly

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2020, 06:28 PM
drl
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 63 Posts

^^If center bypass used with stock sides, no center mounting is needed. If also using side bypass without mounting, center needs mounting.
Old 07-26-2020, 06:33 PM
Kama_Supra
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Atlas911TT
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...t-bracket.html

Soul commented on how to support GMG center section with their side delete. They recommended using Mikalor Band Clamps to fit around the CMB and the Lower factory tab. This may be the solution here. But maybe would need to hook it up to the upper tab give the curved pipes on the JCR.

Here is a photo:
Are you trying to attach the lower tab with the center section? I have the JCR valved race exhaust and have not experienced the drooping...I've not taken it to the track but just spirited driving.

Old 07-26-2020, 06:41 PM
Atlas911TT
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by drl
^^If center bypass used with stock sides, no center mounting is needed. If also using side bypass without mounting, center needs mounting.

well then....the JCR looks like it has brackets that attach to the area of the OEM side mufflers.

we are just trying to find a quick fix for those that are having issue with the drooping of the tips if the proper tightening of the header clamps doesn’t solve the issue.
Old 07-26-2020, 06:53 PM
Kama_Supra
Instructor

Originally Posted by Atlas911TT
well then....the JCR looks like it has brackets that attach to the area of the OEM side mufflers.

we are just trying to find a quick fix for those that are having issue with the drooping of the tips if the proper tightening of the header clamps doesn’t solve the issue.
JCR use brackets which attach to the OEM side mufflers but it attaches the side "rams horn" to the bracket - not the center section

Old 07-26-2020, 07:12 PM
krell
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 96 Posts

^^^
Right, and I've been lobbying that a center pick-up point is needed. Titanium is light but things can be shaken loose going over a few rumble strips at apex and track out.
Old 07-26-2020, 08:06 PM
Atlas911TT
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

^^^ Shouldn’t be that hard to do...the oem center attachment is right there. Hopefully JCR will do this as I will hold off for now on purchasing their exhaust.
Old 07-26-2020, 10:47 PM
horns
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by krell
^^^
Right, and I've been lobbying that a center pick-up point is needed. Titanium is light but things can be shaken loose going over a few rumble strips at apex and track out.
I dont have the sagging and am a few stouts in, but i think I previously read that mounting the center with a rigid mount may result in transferring nv that isn't optimal. I'll be keeping an eye out for this sagging. By the way, and this is a bit silly, but does anyone else like seeing the JCR bazookas in the rear view camera?
Old 07-26-2020, 11:11 PM
drl
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 63 Posts

lol
I have a race pipe listed for sale, but something about all this discussion...i think i may just keep it, it has reminded me how good the sound it. I know i will want to put it back on soon. I was selling bc i do not need more attention from CA police right now! I do not have the bazookas but want them, beautiful tips.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:57 AM
Kama_Supra
Instructor

^^^^^
Haha, after reading this thread yesterday morning, I took my car out for a 2 hr. drive. It was hot AF! But I still had the windows rolled down so I can get the full experience of the car and sounds. The sounds this exhaust (Ti Valved Race Pipe) makes is simply amazing! Sometimes I can't tell much of a difference between the valves closed or open but it was more noticeable yesterday. Checked the pipes after getting home and no drooping (never had an issue anyway)

I love this car...it was ~ four weeks since I last drove her. Incredible car and its ability to put a smile on your face. Drive and enjoy boys.

Last edited by Kama_Supra; 07-27-2020 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Forgot pic
Old 07-27-2020, 01:27 PM
hashash
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 142 Posts

I just adjusted mine . Loosened the pipe clamps first , then tried to adjust but it wouldnt budge . Loosened then the header clamps and i was able to move the tail pipes a good inch or so upwards using my jack.
torqued the header clamps 16 ftlbs and the pipe clamps 25 ftlbs . Mine is a silenced race .

Old 07-27-2020, 01:31 PM
hashash
Rennlist Member

Nice ti colors 😎

Old 07-27-2020, 03:23 PM
991.2 Gt3 Rs
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by hashash
I just adjusted mine . Loosened the pipe clamps first , then tried to adjust but it wouldnt budge . Loosened then the header clamps and i was able to move the tail pipes a good inch or so upwards using my jack.
torqued the header clamps 16 ftlbs and the pipe clamps 25 ftlbs . Mine is a silenced race .

I could be wrong but to me it sounds as if the header clamps are just under way too much pressure trying to support the center muffler regardless of the clamps being torqued correctly no?
Even if it is torqued as spec I believe having some sort of center support will add a significant amount of lee way before the tips move. Just my thought.
Old 07-27-2020, 04:20 PM
krell
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 96 Posts

Were you able to do this with the car on the ground? I'd prefer to not put it up on ramps again.

Originally Posted by 991.2 Gt3 Rs
I could be wrong but to me it sounds as if the header clamps are just under way too much pressure trying to support the center muffler regardless of the clamps being torqued correctly no?
Even if it is torqued as spec I believe having some sort of center support will add a significant amount of lee way before the tips move. Just my thought.
That's what I believe is needed but JCR feels otherwise.
Old 07-27-2020, 04:57 PM
audiophilitis
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

aren’t you negating the effect of the JCR support bars by doing this? Loosening the header clamps (post cat) and pulling the entire cat back system up to bring the tips closer to the diffuser basically compresses the rubber bushing and adds more strain to the header clamps and gasket.
Old 07-27-2020, 06:01 PM
hashash
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by audiophilitis
aren’t you negating the effect of the JCR support bars by doing this? Loosening the header clamps (post cat) and pulling the entire cat back system up to bring the tips closer to the diffuser basically compresses the rubber bushing and adds more strain to the header clamps and gasket.
i didn’t touch the jcr support bars ; and yes I feel that the main part holding the exhaust in place are the header clamps
I feel this will move again ; mine moved with regular street use - about 3k miles

Quick Reply: JCR Race Pipe Vs Soul Modular System: the good, bad and ugly