Sponsored by:

Roll raced a Honda CBR 1000rr

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 05:04 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,020 Likes on 1,268 Posts

Originally Posted by tgibrit
So as a police officer you've taken it on yourself to determine which laws you enforce and which ones you don't? 150mph on the street is dumb, full stop.
What do you think Judges and prosecutors do??? lol

Do you want Robots doing our jobs?? ZERO discretion??

Careful what you Wish for!!

Have you ever been given a "Warning" instead of a citation?

Officer Discretion is part of the job with exception to stuff like Forceable Felonies and Domestic Violence.

Trust me. You do NOT want all "Yes Men" working in the world I do..

It's never ALL Black or ALL White out here.... You would NOT want to live in that world..
The following 3 users liked this post by Big Swole:
Carcam (08-05-2020), hushypushy (08-05-2020), Marv (08-03-2020)
Old 08-03-2020, 05:16 PM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
What do you think Judges and prosecutors do??? lol

Do you want Robots doing our jobs?? ZERO discretion??

Careful what you Wish for!!

Have you ever been given a "Warning" instead of a citation?

Officer Discretion is part of the job with exception to stuff like Forceable Felonies and Domestic Violence.

Trust me. You do NOT want all "Yes Men" working in the world I do..

It's never ALL Black or ALL White out here.... You would NOT want to live in that world..
I understand you have a difficult job to do, but there is a difference between speeding (yes, I have been given warnings) and wreckless driving (don't do it) - which is why they are different classes of offense. I would hope any police officer witnessing a street race with speeds of 150 mph would take all participants striaght to jail and lets the courts decide.

I realize this is just an internet forum and the banter may not reflect what we would actually do in practice.
The following users liked this post:
Big Swole (08-03-2020)
Old 08-03-2020, 05:22 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

I realize this is just an internet forum and the banter may not reflect what we would actually do in practice.

Hence why I said, "Hard to answer that" when asked.

I've witness some "racing" before but nothing at speeds anyway near 150... Have I made arrest before..yes...Have I given warnings and sent them on there way..yes.

But like said, without discretion at times, life would really really suck for a LOT of people... Oh, and you have NOBODY wanting to ever do this job anymore. Already getting absolutely horrible at filling spots these days anyway from all the media lies and Sheep that believe them...
The following 2 users liked this post by Big Swole:
JAhmed (08-03-2020), tgibrit (08-03-2020)
Old 08-03-2020, 05:28 PM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

Hence why I said, "Hard to answer that" when asked.

I've witness some "racing" before but nothing at speeds anyway near 150... Have I made arrest before..yes...Have I given warnings and sent them on there way..yes.

But like said, without discretion at times, life would really really suck for a LOT of people... Oh, and you have NOBODY wanting to ever do this job anymore. Already getting absolutely horrible at filling spots these days anyway from all the media lies and Sheep that believe them...
Agreed, police officers should discretion and I believe its part of building a good relationship with the community. I was just surprised to read your reply to the story as told by the OP. but as I said, its all banter on a forum.
Big Swole (08-03-2020)
Old 08-03-2020, 05:32 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Agreed, police officers should discretion and I believe its part of building a good relationship with the community. I was just surprised to read your reply to the story as told by the OP. but as I said, its all banter on a forum.

I understand completely... I guess my relationship here with all of you is like a "friendship" so my response was that of benevolence towards him vs. how I might respond to someone doing that through my city streets.

Anyway... Thanks for understanding and trying not to judge me to harshly.

I am just a more lenient cop than most by nature...
The following 2 users liked this post by Big Swole:
tgibrit (08-03-2020), usrodeo4 (08-05-2020)
Old 08-04-2020, 05:59 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 583 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by rileyracing1
My wife would have chopped my nuts off if I dragged someone with her in the car ......I don't bother with guys wanting to race anymore I am past that age where I get the urge and just go for it ....... Besides I get a lot of restraint practice from all the hot shots pulling up to me with lowered Honda's and loud exhausts that always want to go ... Give me a break already
Yep I understand that, we all get the boy racers that want to see our cars run...I always ignore them in my GT car but knowing how potent the superbikes are I thought I would see how my GT car faired.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:11 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Fast car for sure, but he didn't know what he was doing if you crushed him from either a 60mph roll on or from a stand still. That's a sub 10 second quarter mile bike.
The 9.9 second published 1/4 mile times for the cbr1000rr are with pro drivers with rare skills, whereas the GT2 RS 10.6 times are just a point and shoot affair. I would expect nearly every street race against an amateur scooter rider to turn out the same. As to roll racing...the GT2 is a 211 mph vehicle whereas the superbike scooters are good to about 186...the physics give a huge advantage to the 700BHP vehicle the faster you are going,..I heard him down shift and rev his scooter so he was ready for the roll race...and the GT2 left him for dead.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:55 PM
Jerrym
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Hard to answer. First off, our "chase policy" is very strict and if either chose not to stop, we couldn't chase anyway.

Secondly, I'm a bit different of an officer compared to most / others. I've ridden fast motorcycles / cars all my life. So odds are (unless they were totally disrespectful to me), I'd give them a good "talking to" and cut them loose.

I've had my share of speeding tickets back in the day. Even got arrested once for riding a wheelie. lol. But, I look at things in the big picture. It's all the other crap I see most normal drivers do that's FAR MORE dangerous, than the folks on an open deserted road going for a quick "roll race".

But for the record, Racing isn't just a "write them up" thing. It's a, "Do not pass GO and head straight to jail" thing, most times. So be careful!! Not all officers see / do things the way I do.
What county do you patrol? im moving there and building a TT Lambo..
Old 08-05-2020, 12:14 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jerrym
What county do you patrol? im moving there and building a TT Lambo..

LOL

I actually got stopped by Atlanta PD today in my Mega Cab 4x4 Diesel today... Some idiot going slow in the fast lane and I motored around him and the officer was sitting right there running laser.
usrodeo4 (08-05-2020)
Old 08-05-2020, 06:48 AM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by flyjets
That's why you see those Bikes with Extended swing arms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWuzcrG6Dow
Exactly...but then they can't get thru the twisties with any speed and even with the extended swing arms it takes pro level experience to launch them to their potential. I raced my BMW S1000RR at the drags a couple times and beat a number of extended swing arm scooters....plus it ruins the stoppies/wheelies, which is half the fun of the superbikes.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:10 AM
Cosmo Kramer
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 75 Posts

I would not hesitate racing a litre-bike with my tuned 997TT from a roll.
The following 2 users liked this post by Cosmo Kramer:
Jerrym (08-06-2020), usrodeo4 (08-05-2020)
Old 08-05-2020, 10:52 AM
AlecG
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Any stock liter bike driven at its full potential would absolutely destroy any car (with the exception of a highly modified Koenigsegg) until the bike "runs out of sprocket."

Couple videos of a very skilled rider on a stock BMW S1000RR making a Bugatti look like a VW Beetle. Can't even see the the bike up until the bike runs out of gear at 190mph.

I have an Aprilia RSV4 RF and it amazes me that they sell these things to the public. Unless your modified 997 Turbo has over 1,700hp you would have no chance against a liter bike ridden at full potential.

Really tough to compete with a 400pd vehicle that has over 200hp. Just simple physics.

The only "pull" that is remotely close is when the Bug gets a huge jump on the bike.

Last edited by AlecG; 08-05-2020 at 11:14 AM.
John Ferguson (08-05-2020)
Old 08-05-2020, 11:40 AM
John Ferguson
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Growing up on Suzuki GS1100E, GS1150E, GS1150ESE, Honda Hurricane 1000, and a Yamaha V-Max, I embarrassed a lot of hot shot Pcar wannabe drag racers. In fact, I never, ever lost a drag race against any car. This motorcycle driver was an inexperienced drag racer or he would have sucked your doors off.
AlecG (08-05-2020)
Old 08-05-2020, 08:42 PM
Cosmo Kramer
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by AlecG
Any stock liter bike driven at its full potential would absolutely destroy any car (with the exception of a highly modified Koenigsegg) until the bike "runs out of sprocket."

Couple videos of a very skilled rider on a stock BMW S1000RR making a Bugatti look like a VW Beetle. Can't even see the the bike up until the bike runs out of gear at 190mph.

I have an Aprilia RSV4 RF and it amazes me that they sell these things to the public. Unless your modified 997 Turbo has over 1,700hp you would have no chance against a liter bike ridden at full potential.

Really tough to compete with a 400pd vehicle that has over 200hp. Just simple physics.

The only "pull" that is remotely close is when the Bug gets a huge jump on the bike.
The current S1000RR is not a typical literbike and will waste most current CBR's R1 GSX-R's etc. The OP raced a CBR1000RR which could have ranged from 2004 to present. Before I got into P cars, I had R1's, CBR's GSX-R litrebikes from early 2000's and my 997TT pulls equally hard at highway speeds.

That race against the Bugatti was from a slow roll, where the launch from dead the bike has a huge disadvantage (unless the rider is an uber-experienced motorcycle drag racer), and racing from higher speed the car would have had a slightly more advantage. It was set up to make the bike look more dominant. Would like to see the roll starting from around 60-80 mph and go, the bike would have got a jump and the car would reel it in I bet.
usrodeo4 (08-07-2020)
Old 08-06-2020, 11:43 AM
AlecG
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Maybe, but I think you may want to hop on a "current" liter bike. They are all as bat-sh*t crazy as the BMW S1000RR. The new Yamaha R1-M is another step-up from the Bimmer yet.

Comparing the performance of today's liter bikes to those of the early 2000's is like comparing a 996 to a 992 P Car. A LOT HAS CHANGED!

Almost all liter bikes are OVER 200hp now, they have downloadable software (from an app on your cell phone) for mapping (traction control, wheelie control, launch control, side slip calibration...etc). These bikes are like little spaceships.

My liter bike actually fights for traction all the way up to 150mph.

Last edited by AlecG; 08-06-2020 at 12:11 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by AlecG:
Big Swole (08-06-2020), Cosmo Kramer (08-10-2020), usrodeo4 (08-07-2020)

Quick Reply: Roll raced a Honda CBR 1000rr