Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dundon Street Headers / side valve deletes

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2023, 10:56 PM
DDE997
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Find a fabrication shop in your area, and have them cut open the part and fix the valve. Should be a simple fix for a guy that has skills.
Old 12-06-2023, 09:07 AM
Rod27
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 157 Posts

fabspeed mentions they dont use chinese valves. Maybe this is why?
Old 12-06-2023, 09:48 AM
markiegt3
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Dundon, I understand don't use chinese valves and if you bought new from them, give a lifetime warranty. Unfortunately for the OP, he bought second hand.
Old 12-06-2023, 10:29 AM
dsteding
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Rod27
fabspeed mentions they dont use chinese valves. Maybe this is why?
This is ridiculous. Dundon builds its stuff in house and to the highest quality. To insinuate otherwise is ignorance or just silly internet gamesmanship. Come on.
Old 12-06-2023, 10:33 AM
Rod27
Pro

Originally Posted by dsteding
This is ridiculous. Dundon builds its stuff in house and to the highest quality. To insinuate otherwise is ignorance or just silly internet gamesmanship. Come on.
i’m not insinuating anything, but quality is questionable based on this failure and the pictures of the welds
Old 12-06-2023, 11:09 AM
dsteding
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Rod27
i’m not insinuating anything, but quality is questionable based on this failure and the pictures of the welds
Yeah. That little voice in the back of my head that said “don’t feed the trolls.” Should have listened to it.
The following users liked this post:
tgibrit (12-06-2023)
Old 12-06-2023, 11:26 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 356 Likes on 198 Posts

FWIW. We use Helical valves, and it sounds like the shaft in the helical valve broke in your kit.

We do our best to honor the lifetime warranty for all, the issue comes from miss use and lack of traceability, when someone uses a valve controller to meet sound at a dB restricted track, lots and lots of heat builds up and catalysts and valves take the brunt of it. Then they sell the part, then that guy sells the part etc etc….

OP, contact us direct at sales@dundonmotorsports.com and let’s see if we have a set of used valves we can get you. We can also see about repairing the valves you have, To be clear none of this will be free…. But we may be able to find a solution that isn’t new parts. Also for what it’s worth when you buy the new parts the lifetime warranty applies (and pre owned parts for that matter).

jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
jap10 (12-09-2023)
Old 12-06-2023, 11:30 AM
Rod27
Pro

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
FWIW. We use Helical valves, and it sounds like the shaft in the helical valve broke in your kit.

We do our best to honor the lifetime warranty for all, the issue comes from miss use and lack of traceability, when someone uses a valve controller to meet sound at a dB restricted track, lots and lots of heat builds up and catalysts and valves take the brunt of it. Then they sell the part, then that guy sells the part etc etc….

OP, contact us direct at sales@dundonmotorsports.com and let’s see if we have a set of used valves we can get you. We can also see about repairing the valves you have, To be clear none of this will be free…. But we may be able to find a solution that isn’t new parts. Also for what it’s worth when you buy the new parts the lifetime warranty applies (and pre owned parts for that matter).
attaboy
Old 12-06-2023, 11:56 AM
JCviggen
Rennlist Member

Received 1,508 Likes on 568 Posts

Valves do break sometimes, I had one go bad on my Soul exhaust as well (and they went above and beyond to make it right)

That said the fact that the warranty is gone as soon as something is sold on is BS. And would be illegal in Europe. Either you stand behind your "highest quality" stuff or you don't. Porsche doesn't void a car's warranty when it gets sold on, in fact I can't really think of anything substantial where that is the case because there's no good reason for it. It's just anti consumer and basically false advertising since the product page says "lifetime structural warranty" without any asterisks and it's not clarified that "lifetime" can be as little as 1 day if the buyer decides he doesn't need it and sells it to the next guy.
Rick GT3 (12-07-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 10:46 AM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

IMO you offer an unlimited warranty to the original owner or a time limited warranty for any owner - but it would not make sense to offer a lifetime warranty to any owner and for me I want the lifetime warranty as the original owner.
Old 12-07-2023, 11:18 AM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by JCviggen
Valves do break sometimes, I had one go bad on my Soul exhaust as well (and they went above and beyond to make it right)

That said the fact that the warranty is gone as soon as something is sold on is BS. And would be illegal in Europe. Either you stand behind your "highest quality" stuff or you don't. Porsche doesn't void a car's warranty when it gets sold on, in fact I can't really think of anything substantial where that is the case because there's no good reason for it. It's just anti consumer and basically false advertising since the product page says "lifetime structural warranty" without any asterisks and it's not clarified that "lifetime" can be as little as 1 day if the buyer decides he doesn't need it and sells it to the next guy.
Porsche can and has voided warranty on their high quality track cars when something goes wrong when you track the car. Ask how many on this forum have had their stock exhaust denied warranty coverage from tracking the car. In reality we can keep going on and on with different scenarios of comparing apples to oranges on this topic.

Go look up any manufacturer of aftermarket exhausts (Soul, Akrapovic, Dundon, etc) as they all have similar lifetime warranties related to the original owner and their high quality product. This type of lifetime warranty is not as abnormal as you are making it out to be for aftermarket manufactures. Also, it is not illegal in Europe to offer this type of warranty as the warranty only applies to the original sale of the goods being sold to the end user and the manufacturer. If it is sold 2nd hand then any warranty is only between the seller and the buyer. https://www.evz.de/en/shopping-inter...arranties.html

So back on point for this. Dundon is producing high quality parts for our cars. They are on the more expensive side of what is available but their quality and customer service warrants this. In my experience they have gone above and beyond in many instances on this board and in private to help many of the people who post here, myself included. In the 7 years I have owned multiple of their exhaust systems as the original purchaser I have never had an issue they didn't help resolve and they have stood by their warranty. As for failures of any of their parts on my car I have never had one in 7 years of ownership of different iterations of exhaust systems including the current one that is 4 years old.

The following 2 users liked this post by Seth Thomas:
bpmotorworks (12-11-2023), Brainofjjj (12-08-2023)

Quick Reply: Dundon Street Headers / side valve deletes