Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Buy a CPO GT3 from Porsche Experience Center?
Yes!
46.75%
Absolutely Not
53.25%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Would you buy a CPO GT3 (From Experience Center)?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2023, 06:06 PM
APEX GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 305 Likes on 133 Posts
Default Would you buy a CPO GT3 (From Experience Center)?

Would you purchase a CPO 991.2 GT3 that was a Porsche Experience Center car?
carfax shows 1 owner… Porsche.

it is CPO but what are you thoughts??
Old 04-15-2023, 06:13 PM
NHmacan
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 134 Posts

They don't drive the cars that hard at the experience centers so definitely yes. I also am not afraid of tracked cars like most people because tracked cars usually are looked over more frequently and have better maintenace. I would be more worried afraid of a low mile car that has never been driven.

The following users liked this post:
slipaway37 (04-18-2023)
Old 04-15-2023, 06:27 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,226 Likes on 2,725 Posts

Originally Posted by Hai Blau GTS
Would you purchase a CPO 991.2 GT3 that was a Porsche Experience Center car?
carfax shows 1 owner… Porsche.

it is CPO but what are you thoughts??
I would imagine that if you're going to have problems with it, you'll know within the CPO period. I'm sure it's a PDK car, so no concerns for burned out clutches or over-rev.

Assuming it's a decent spec and a good price, then sure. Go for it.
Old 04-15-2023, 07:52 PM
TheDangerZone
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 84 Posts

As someone who has done PEX, I don't know... we did a lot to those cars and this was just the weekend novice course. We actually may have put more stress on the car with our bad inputs compared to more experienced track drivers who use the same cars for higher level courses. During our weekend, a handful of cars had to be swapped out for codes or issues during the two day event, mine included. The instructors said after their time at PTX, they go through a refurbishing process to make sure the cars are up to snuff. The CPO helps, but how annoying would it be if your car was in the shop constantly or for long periods because it has thousands of track miles on it with very bad to very good drivers behind the wheel. I personally would not.
Old 04-15-2023, 08:03 PM
APEX GT3
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys. I’m curious if there’s any more thoughts or experiences out there - so hoping more people see this post.

These responses are exactly what I was hoping NOT to get, albeit helpful

In the sense that there’s positives and negatives I was hoping it would go majority one way to help me make this decision.

Side note, awesome find on Suncoast for the 991.2, you can swap out the alcantara shifter to the new 992 PDK shifter for $595. That made my day! Also going to be replacing the matted alcantara steering wheel with a new leather one, a bit more at $3750

Last edited by APEX GT3; 04-18-2023 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-15-2023, 08:12 PM
NHmacan
Racer

Originally Posted by TheDangerZone
As someone who has done PEX, I don't know... we did a lot to those cars and this was just the weekend novice course. We actually may have put more stress on the car with our bad inputs compared to more experienced track drivers who use the same cars for higher level courses. During our weekend, a handful of cars had to be swapped out for codes or issues during the two day event, mine included. The instructors said after their time at PTX, they go through a refurbishing process to make sure the cars are up to snuff. The CPO helps, but how annoying would it be if your car was in the shop constantly or for long periods because it has thousands of track miles on it with very bad to very good drivers behind the wheel. I personally would not.
He said Porsche experience center not PEX. That is the track experience. I have done both multiple times. I can assure you and the OP the experience centers do not push the cars anywhere close to the limit. Also the maintenance on them is top notch. Also in the 3 times I have done the Porsche track experience at Barber I don’t recall any car needing to be swapped out for codes or check engine lights.
Old 04-15-2023, 08:30 PM
APEX GT3
Rennlist Member

— To be clear, the car is reporting 1 owner and all services where done at Porsche Atlanta Perimeter, Atlanta, Georgia and the dealer said it was Porsche executive car and at the Experience Center, which is in Atlanta.
Old 04-15-2023, 08:34 PM
SterlingatBOM
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 70 Posts

Driven cars are always more reliable than ones that sit. Especially if they’re well maintained. These cars are made to be driven and don’t have any major issues if they’re maintained well. If I saw a maintenance log from Porsche I wouldn’t think twice.
The following users liked this post:
SantaFePorsche (04-16-2023)
Old 04-15-2023, 08:40 PM
TheDangerZone
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by NHmacan
He said Porsche experience center not PEX. That is the track experience. I have done both multiple times. I can assure you and the OP the experience centers do not push the cars anywhere close to the limit. Also the maintenance on them is top notch. Also in the 3 times I have done the Porsche track experience at Barber I don’t recall any car needing to be swapped out for codes or check engine lights.
My mistake. Sorry for any confusion, OP.

Your contrast with my Barber experience is interesting. We were there last August. Maybe the heat had something to do with it.
Old 04-15-2023, 09:53 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Years ago, I was considering a ‘new’ 997 C2 Porsche owned car (used at the Atl center). Was in beautiful condition. But it had been wrecked and repaired buy Porsche $35k in damages). My local dealer shared the repair summary. Nothing was recorded in the vehicle history, CarFax, etc. I’m sure it was repaired to a high standard but I passed.

I’m certainly not saying the above applies to the car you are considering but ask a lot of questions and make an informed decision.
Old 04-15-2023, 10:44 PM
NHmacan
Racer

Originally Posted by TheDangerZone
My mistake. Sorry for any confusion, OP.

Your contrast with my Barber experience is interesting. We were there last August. Maybe the heat had something to do with it.
Possibly I’ve been in February, April, and September. Hottest day was mid 80’s and they had us use the AC. I did have the brake sensor light turn one one time, but no CELs
Old 04-16-2023, 04:07 PM
APEX GT3
Rennlist Member

28 votes. 14/14. 50% split!!!
jeez…
Old 04-16-2023, 04:48 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

How many miles, reason I ask my neighbor is a Porsche executive and they have to turn all corporate cars in at 3k - 5k miles (or so) and they get resold for a premium due the condition. I’d say yes if one of those cars, but GT cars/Turbo’s are excluded from the executive program. Could be an executive with allocation that was purchased?
Old 04-16-2023, 04:54 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Originally Posted by Hai Blau GTS
— To be clear, the car is reporting 1 owner and all services where done at Porsche Atlanta Perimeter, Atlanta, Georgia and the dealer said it was Porsche executive car and at the Experience Center, which is in Atlanta.
Also not sure why the car would be serviced at Perimeter? If he works at Head quarters they have a full service center on property …..car would be serviced while in the office. I just add that because I live in ATL, and my neighbors does what I mentioned above. Sorry all the question due to missing pieces. If you mikes are low, and executive car buy it ……
Old 04-16-2023, 06:06 PM
APEX GT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Also not sure why the car would be serviced at Perimeter? If he works at Head quarters they have a full service center on property …..car would be serviced while in the office. I just add that because I live in ATL, and my neighbors does what I mentioned above. Sorry all the question due to missing pieces. If you mikes are low, and executive car buy it ……

here is the car fax (and please don’t buy this car). Honor system

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...AC2A93JS177197

Quick Reply: Would you buy a CPO GT3 (From Experience Center)?