No need - already added to 3 threads there
Old 05-19-2023, 03:03 AM
slipaway37
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil T
Randy is still at it.....Phil

https://youtu.be/mCQlLa36-0c
DOPE watch. Thanks for sharing. I miss the fastest track in the West.
Old 05-19-2023, 09:17 AM
WhySock
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Fun watch. Can't wait to see what a 992 2RS can do.
Old 05-19-2023, 01:03 PM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Thanks for posting here! Absolute joy to watch, great editing.

Apologies to the Porschephile in me, but to me the overall winner is the Z06😱. Same problem with the GT3RS, though. None available to purchase new, all allocations taken.
Old 05-19-2023, 03:12 PM
JCviggen
Rennlist Member

Received 1,508 Likes on 568 Posts

Nice editing but I'd have liked to see the full laps of each car in a less chopped up fashion
Old 05-21-2023, 12:30 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,230 Likes on 2,728 Posts

Cool editing. Z06 is just impressive. Nothing else you can say. GT3RS looks right at home on a track.

I drove an M4 Competition the other day. Awful car. CSL is a different animal, but I wonder how much different.
Old 05-21-2023, 06:27 PM
Tpup
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 130 Posts

I took delivery of a Z06 a few weeks back. Still in break-in but it's an impressive car in a lot of ways. The engine noise is just spectacular and the mag ride setup is really impressive. Like my Lexus in soft mode but as stiff as my GT3 in Sport or Track. Definitely not Porsche level of quality on the exterior but the interior and tech stack is top notch (and I have full leather in all my P cars)...

I'd rather have an RS if I could get one.
The following users liked this post:
991C2S88 (06-08-2023)
Old 05-21-2023, 10:18 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,559 Likes on 862 Posts

Originally Posted by Tpup
I took delivery of a Z06 a few weeks back. Still in break-in but it's an impressive car in a lot of ways. The engine noise is just spectacular and the mag ride setup is really impressive. Like my Lexus in soft mode but as stiff as my GT3 in Sport or Track. Definitely not Porsche level of quality on the exterior but the interior and tech stack is top notch (and I have full leather in all my P cars)...

I'd rather have an RS if I could get one.
How is the steering feel? Braking?
Old 05-22-2023, 11:42 AM
Tpup
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
How is the steering feel? Braking?
I only have around 100 miles. Both are dependent on the mode you are in. In weather or touring mode (default) I have found the brakes (CCB) to be lacking but they are not fully broken in or burnished. In those modes when I step on it there's not much reaction, in sport mode they seem fine. Steering is not as communicative as my GT3 but I have not run in track mode at speed since I'm still in break-in. In the lower modes it's direct but more like steering + in a 911 (which I don't like). In sport mode it behaves like the GT3 but there is not as much road "feel" imo.

All that said I have not tracked the car or driven it hard yet.
Old 05-22-2023, 11:50 AM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,559 Likes on 862 Posts

Originally Posted by Tpup
I only have around 100 miles. Both are dependent on the mode you are in. In weather or touring mode (default) I have found the brakes (CCB) to be lacking but they are not fully broken in or burnished. In those modes when I step on it there's not much reaction, in sport mode they seem fine. Steering is not as communicative as my GT3 but I have not run in track mode at speed since I'm still in break-in. In the lower modes it's direct but more like steering + in a 911 (which I don't like). In sport mode it behaves like the GT3 but there is not as much road "feel" imo.

All that said I have not tracked the car or driven it hard yet.
The biggest reason I sold my manual C7 ZR1 was the steering feel. Let me describe to you how that was and why I hated it and maybe you can tell me how this one is. There was a generic GM "ness" in the steering that in tour mode the car would float around, You could steer the car with your pinky finger. Sport was much heavier than that and track was almost to the point of sore arms after 20 minute drive heavy. In classic american sports car fashion, GM has always had this approach of "heavier is more manlier and better" when it came to steering. There was not one iota of feedback compared to the GT3RS I own. You would get feedback through the steering column driving over bumps and what not but it felt like there was a layer of isolation.

When I watched numerous journalist videos of the Z06, particularly savage geese, I was very worried when they talked about steering feel. During the GT3 vs Z06 video, they talk about a "layer of insulation" and "rubber feel" and thats exactly how my C7 ZR1 was. I understand the steering is "quick" but quick doesnt mean communicative. I always felt in my ZR1 that steering was connected to a sensor and a sensor almost read your inputs and applied them to the steering knuckle, almost felt like the steering wasnt connected to the tires. In mechanical terms, this isnt correct obviously and I know steering is directly connected to the power steering box which is connected to the wheels. Throttle house also mentioned this in multiple videos. So did the straight pipes and miles per hr.

As I understand it, GM has always tuned the steering like this on purpose due to typical corvette buyer (no offense to you or me) liking it this way and finding the GT3 way "too raw" and "unrefined".

I am disappointed to hear brakes being electronically assisted. The C7Z brakes were unreal. Why screw up something that was fine?

Last edited by 3-Pedals; 05-22-2023 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-22-2023, 02:33 PM
Tpup
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
The biggest reason I sold my manual C7 ZR1 was the steering feel. Let me describe to you how that was and why I hated it and maybe you can tell me how this one is. There was a generic GM "ness" in the steering that in tour mode the car would float around, You could steer the car with your pinky finger. Sport was much heavier than that and track was almost to the point of sore arms after 20 minute drive heavy. In classic american sports car fashion, GM has always had this approach of "heavier is more manlier and better" when it came to steering. There was not one iota of feedback compared to the GT3RS I own. You would get feedback through the steering column driving over bumps and what not but it felt like there was a layer of isolation.

When I watched numerous journalist videos of the Z06, particularly savage geese, I was very worried when they talked about steering feel. During the GT3 vs Z06 video, they talk about a "layer of insulation" and "rubber feel" and thats exactly how my C7 ZR1 was. I understand the steering is "quick" but quick doesnt mean communicative. I always felt in my ZR1 that steering was connected to a sensor and a sensor almost read your inputs and applied them to the steering knuckle, almost felt like the steering wasnt connected to the tires. In mechanical terms, this isnt correct obviously and I know steering is directly connected to the power steering box which is connected to the wheels. Throttle house also mentioned this in multiple videos. So did the straight pipes and miles per hr.

As I understand it, GM has always tuned the steering like this on purpose due to typical corvette buyer (no offense to you or me) liking it this way and finding the GT3 way "too raw" and "unrefined".

I am disappointed to hear brakes being electronically assisted. The C7Z brakes were unreal. Why screw up something that was fine?
I'll be back in town this weekend and I'll drive the Z and my GT3 Touring (992.1) back to back and add some comments. They both have PS4s so should be kinda equal...

Holdens (05-22-2023)
Old 05-25-2023, 07:58 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,736 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
Cool editing. Z06 is just impressive. Nothing else you can say. GT3RS looks right at home on a track.

I drove an M4 Competition the other day. Awful car. CSL is a different animal, but I wonder how much different.
Z06 has 150 more HP, better hp/weight ratio, and same tires as GT3 RS but still couldn't match the GT3 RS, let alone beat it. But as far as value for performance it's the clear winner.

BMW isn't even in the same league, even the CSL version (and I'm an M2 CS owner). Plus, it's just plain ugly.
slipaway37 (05-25-2023)
Old 05-25-2023, 08:18 PM
Larson E. Rapp
Pro

Received 306 Likes on 185 Posts

Sheesh. That BMW looks like something out of an AI image generator from Google that some kid wrote the weekend before the science fair.
The following 2 users liked this post by Larson E. Rapp:
slipaway37 (05-25-2023), Tpup (05-25-2023)

Quick Reply: 3RS vs. Z06 vs. M4CSL