Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JCv's 991.2 GT3 manual modifications thread (dyno, dragy,...)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 12:44 PM
Crubbert
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Alright, that's what I was aiming for too - camber setup is -3.5 Front / -3.0 Rear . Weather still awful here, my season will start in early May - will report back.
Old 04-12-2024, 12:47 PM
Crubbert
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JCviggen
Kept it around 28-30 psi.
PSI....wait, you are in Millibar Land aren't you ?
Old 04-12-2024, 12:54 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,455 Likes on 2,259 Posts

Originally Posted by JCviggen
I wasn't able to try them at the Ring which is a pity, definitely it takes the excessive body roll out of the car and steers even more direct with good feedback. It's firmer but especially at lower speeds not overly so. With the current settings the car just goes a bit berzerk at high speeds over short bumps. However, if there is much lap time in it? I suspect not..

I think these seats both fit the interior better in terms of look AND they are significantly softer, better angled and suit my body style more. So it's a no brainer. They were cheaper to spec when new back in the day, but they are rarer these days so I didn't mind swapping with someone with no money involved especially since he drove 4 hours one way to come and do the swap with me.

User error. I was by myself on the first day, and swapped tips at the track without my more mechanically inclined buddy. The top stud on the exhaust is a bit tricky to get the nut onto, and when it seized up with a few mm to go I was worried I was going to snap it off if I applied more pressure. So I left it like that, it wasn't going to come off. But there was a bit of flex there from the thin flange Dundon use and exhaust got past it.
be very careful with that ... its easy to cross thread it ... I didn't realize if it was not secure that exhaust would leak... Ive had issues with that bolt in particular when switching tips ... some lube helps but I also think a better quality
nut could also be needed for repeated use

I suspect that the settings for Spa might differ from Ring and perhaps can go a little firmer on compression and rebound...

I really liked those (GT2) Sports Buckets ... best seat they made!

The following users liked this post:
JCviggen (04-12-2024)
Old 04-12-2024, 01:09 PM
JCviggen
Rennlist Member

Received 1,508 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by Crubbert
PSI....wait, you are in Millibar Land aren't you ?
We talk in whole bar But spent enough time on here that I remember that there's 14 PSI per bar.

Last edited by JCviggen; 04-12-2024 at 01:10 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by JCviggen:
Anu2g (04-15-2024), Crubbert (04-13-2024)

Quick Reply: JCv's 991.2 GT3 manual modifications thread (dyno, dragy,...)