Sponsored by:

Dundon vs Verus aero

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2024, 07:09 AM
e34nication
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Dundon vs Verus aero

Anyone know if there is any difference, other than price, between these two?

https://www.dundonmotorsports.com/products/991-gt3rs-and-gt2rs-carbon-swan-neck-wing

https://www.verus-engineering.com/shop/a0230a-rear-wing-kit-porsche-991-1-991-2-gt3rs-and-gt2rs-1358#attr=
Old 01-24-2024, 10:14 AM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by e34nication
Anyone know if there is any difference, other than price, between these two?

https://www.dundonmotorsports.com/pr...swan-neck-wing

https://www.verus-engineering.com/sh...2rs-1358#attr=

Yes There are some differences and I have had both version on my car. Maybe Jamie or Ted from Dundon can respond with the technical information. New Dundon mounts are carbon vs. the aluminum of the Verus. Dundon End plates on the wing are higher quality in fit and finish along with being designed for better aero efficiency. I believe the new Dundon wing is a different profile from the Verus. I Know on my RS with the new Dundon front splitter and rear wing I had similar top speeds at Road Atlanta as I did with the stock parts on the car. When I had the Verus version of the front splitter and rear wing I was 5 MPH down with a rear wing setting of 7.

If you are thinking about getting the aero parts for your RS definitely get the Dundon stuff. The new front splitter which is needed with this rear wing is much better designed than the Verus version. I still have my old Verus front splitter from my car and I hate it. I never liked it fully from the start. I never really liked the Verus front splitter. It was a multi piece design that was heavy, held together with way too much hardware, and was held together with flimsy brackets. Yes it did work on track but it only worked on track for about 10 laps for me. The cheap fence that filled in the area from the removed factory lip piece became distorted allowing air to enter between the splitter and front bumper. It came apart at about 140MPH at Road Atlanta in the brake zone of T10A. The new design is a whole lot better and is definitely better matched for the car than the Verus piece.

The following users liked this post:
bogey1 (01-24-2024)
Old 01-24-2024, 10:40 AM
e34nication
Rennlist Member

Thanks Seth, great intel. I’m on the front end of exploring this road for my RS. Impressive difference in straight line performance.
Old 01-24-2024, 07:07 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 356 Likes on 198 Posts

Thanks Seth, great intel. I’m on the front end of exploring this road for my RS. Impressive difference in straight line performance.
Happy to help answer questions for you about the kit. It's been setting records on the 992 GT3, GT4RS and 991.2 GT3RS at a number of tracks. Keep in mind to run the full aero package you need to upgrade the suspension as well. All of the spring rates, settings, alignment etc... are all done and figured including car setup and starting aero settings.

Happy to run through the nuances of what's different, including the full carbon splitter and why we did that. But so as not to deal with the inevitable Rennlist trolls, a phone call is likely a more specific way to do it!

Give us a shout, Ted or myself are happy to answer questions! 253-200 four 454

Jamie
jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
Seth Thomas (01-24-2024)
Old 01-24-2024, 07:50 PM
e34nication
Rennlist Member

Perfect, I’ll give you guys a ring. Likely tomorrow.
Old 01-25-2024, 08:50 AM
garudatwo
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Verus also doesn't stand behind their products, one of their diffusers fell apart on me (at the mounting bracket side). Earned me my only black flag.

Last edited by garudatwo; 01-25-2024 at 09:07 AM.
Criderman (01-25-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 01:33 PM
X-PH.COM - MIKE
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 175 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by garudatwo
Verus also doesn't stand behind their products, one of their diffusers fell apart on me (at the mounting bracket side). Earned me my only black flag.
im sorry to hear that, can you please share more info on what happened and why they did not help?
Old 01-29-2024, 07:36 AM
dsteding
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 88 Posts

I’ve had the old Verus wing on my 991.1 GT3 and now have the full Valkyrie package with splitter on my car. The Verus wing does add more downforce over the stock GT3 setup (would be less noticeable on your RS). The Dundon Valkyrie setup is absolutely amazing. It unlocked the potential of my car, tons of grip and really noticeable with respect to front end turn in on higher speed corners.

I only have four track days on it, we got the car done in October. The way the splitter is installed is legit, you can stand on the front splitter no problem. I’ve driven a 992 GT3 with the same aero package on track, and a 4RS as well. Both had a very similar feeling of being very planted and confident. For an average track guy like me, the added performance envelope is a welcome change. What used to be 8/10ths in my car feels like 6/10ths now.

Worth the money. And Ted and Jamie and the rest of the Dundon crew are great. I also love the fact they are a small business located in Gig Harbor near me.

flsupraguy (01-29-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 11:34 AM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by dsteding

Worth the money. And Ted and Jamie and the rest of the Dundon crew are great.

I feel this is one of the best reasons outside of the perfomance difference this full aero kit delivers. Jamie, Ted and the whole Dundon Motorsports crew stand behind their products and offer you valuable advice on installs, trackside support and how to properly use the products they sell. In todays world of finding cheaper alternatives or cheaper places to buy parts ask them for the same customer support that Dundon offers. That support is worth it 100% of the time and that knowledge is not free. it is from hours upon hours of research and development to help deliver the best outcome for everybody.
dsteding (01-29-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 12:33 PM
e34nication
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the intel all; ordered the wing and canards, will save the splitter and suspension swap for the next iteration. Dundon customer service/responsiveness is definitely top notch.
The following 2 users liked this post by e34nication:
dsteding (01-29-2024), Seth Thomas (01-30-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 09:00 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 356 Likes on 198 Posts

Thanks for the intel all; ordered the wing and canards, will save the splitter and suspension swap for the next iteration. Dundon customer service/responsiveness is definitely top notch.
Can't wait for your feedback once you get them!
And thank you...

The following 3 users liked this post by Jamie@dundonmotorsports:
dsteding (01-29-2024), e34nication (01-29-2024), Seth Thomas (01-30-2024)

Quick Reply: Dundon vs Verus aero