Sponsored by:

AP Radi-cal 9669 Brake Caliper System Fitment

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2024, 03:08 PM
srwhitman
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts
Default AP Radi-cal 9669 Brake Caliper System Fitment

Hi all, I'm interested in https://www.essexparts.com/ap-racing...-gt3rs60946098 - aka the Radi-cal system. I track my car a lot and at COTA which is very hard on brakes. I go through pads quite a lot. The advantage of the above system (besides being better/more competition and easier to change out pads) is that it can accommodate much thicker pads than stock. I have run Race Technologies RE10 and Ferodo DS3.12. I think I like the Ferodos better and fortunately they fit the above set up.

The question then came down to whether my wheels would work. I just got a set of Apex wheels 19" which fit according to both the web page and the template (I cut out and put on cardboard to check fit). However, the wheel fitment tab also says "OEM Front aluminum 20x9" (with 3mm to spare)". Now here's where things get weird for me - I was very careful to print out the template and I even measured the printout against what it says on the template on sizes and I got it spot on but it doesn't seem to have anywhere near that clearance. I used a brake pad measuring tool and it seems to me it clears but less than 2mm (recommendation is minimum 2.5mm to account for flex). Its very hard to say though - I tried to hold it steady but the little spoke indentations are small and there isn't a lot of flat surface of the wheel to rest the template on so I *could* be doing this wrong.

So, has anyone run the new 9669 with the stock wheels or BBS?

JRitt@essex any thoughts? I emailed same question to Wade who gave me a quote the other day but I also did want to see if other folks online had run with stock wheels or BBS.

I really want to run this with the stock OEM wheels and I also have a set of BBS FI-R wheels (also 20") which have similar clearance issues.
Old 03-11-2024, 03:34 AM
Thinker23
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 42 Posts

I have these on the 3RS and they are fine clearing the stock magnesium rims. I expect them to clear the stock non magnesium rims. Will swap wheels in a few weeks.

Last edited by Thinker23; 03-11-2024 at 03:35 AM.
Old 03-11-2024, 09:49 AM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Thinker23
I have these on the 3RS and they are fine clearing the stock magnesium rims. I expect them to clear the stock non magnesium rims. Will swap wheels in a few weeks.
No issues with this kit on my RS with the stock wheels or Forgeline 20" wheels in the front.
Old 03-11-2024, 10:28 AM
srwhitman
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I have a regular GT3, not the RS I think wheel dimensions up front are different

Quick Reply: AP Radi-cal 9669 Brake Caliper System Fitment