Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Moved MY2014 to MY2015

Moved from MY014 to MY015
Got this letter, anyone else?
Your thoughts....

Dear
I wish to inform you about the current status of our solution to the issue with the Porsche 911 GT3 model you have ordered.

We are aware that you are currently faced with an unsatisfactory situation. As a Porsche customer, you rightfully expect excellence in product and service performance. This particularly applies to you as a GT3 customer, as a brand ambassador with a shared passion for Porsche.

We are in the final phase of logistics planning and technical validation for the optimized piston rod screw connection and we will start production of the new engines during the week of April 22nd. These engines will be distributed worldwide for installation in all 991-generation GT3 models built to date.

We must unfortunately inform you that the start of production and delivery of your vehicle will be delayed. As soon as we are able to specify the revised production date, your Porsche dealer will contact you directly.

Additionally, we wish to compensate you for your inability to drive your GT3 during this time. Our GT3 Concierge will be in touch with you shortly to discuss the specifics and will also be at your service for any other individual assistance you may need.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue and thank you for your patience.

Yours sincerely,

Tim Quinn
Vice President, AfterSales
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:26 PM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

Hmmm no mention of extended warranty yes I'd say 2015 and compensation. Here's my question would you rather have a 14 sooner with less compensation and additional year warranty or would you prefer a greater discounted on a 15 with a longer wait?
Old 04-12-2014, 08:37 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

I got the letter too. I was expecting to be ignored by Porsche, so I surprised by the email. It's nice of them to recognize that the recall has also adversely affected people whose allocations have been bumped. No phone call yet, though.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:47 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I received a call on 3-26-14 informing me that my build would be moved from a '14 to a '15. No contact of any kind since.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:39 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

i got this emailed letter yesterday as well MJONES,
sure hope this thread you have started doesn't surpass the last one you started MJONES,
that being the Stop Sale thread.
I got word from my SA back on 3/20 that my build would be a 2015 m/y
it was scheduled to complete build on 4/28 , schedule no doubt will not remain the same
have no word on the new build schedule , thats to me the the big Question going forward!
Reading some posts of September production ,sure hope we are not in for 5-6month delay!
Old 04-12-2014, 10:57 PM
Porsche997s
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received the same letter yesterday, my original delivery date was May 25th. My SA made me aware of a delay/ change to MY2015 about 3 weeks ago. Currently I am being told it will most likely be an October delivery at best, however no one knows for sure. I guess we just wait, however I am pissed as I gave up a 458 S allocation thinking the GT3 would arrive by summer. Bad call on my part !!
Old 04-12-2014, 11:13 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Default passed on 458 order

^I feel your pain...I passed on a Jan. '14 458 order when I got a GT3 allocation for 1st Qtr '14!
I should be picking up a '14 458 right now, instead of having to wait for PAG to get it's act together and let us know where we stand!
Old 04-12-2014, 11:32 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 309 Likes on 154 Posts

I'm assuming that most that have posted in this thread do NOT have VIN number?
Old 04-12-2014, 11:42 PM
redlightrich
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts

Am I the only one scratching my head trying to understand why PAG is having such a hard time with what amounts to rod bolts and possibly rods?

I realize this motor spins at very high RPM, but so do other cars. My Fcar spins high too. There are motorcycles that spin much higher than this, and these high levels of RPM are not even that new.

It really makes me think there is more to this.

I am not trying to cry conspiracy, but this technology ( rod bolts, titanium rods and so on) has a lot of tried and true solutions available to the OEMs and the aftermarket. So why then is Porsche struggling here?

Curious for your thoughts.

Rich
Old 04-12-2014, 11:42 PM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RUF RS
No Vin and car at V290 completed?
Old 04-13-2014, 02:29 AM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Vin, car has been at V270 without an engine since 2/14. I did not get the same letter above. Mine did not mention anything about delay. Per PNA as of Thursday my car is to be completed on 4/15!! So I asked when I was told that, does that mean Porsche will put in a defective engine, send it to the US and have my dealer install a new engine? He said it is possible. I said per the Tim Quinn letter that new engines will be built starting April 22nd it would be almost certain my car will get a defective engine. He then commented again that could be. I told him if it is built with a defective engine keep it!! How dumb is Porsche? Really dumb if that is what they do.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:05 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 227 Posts

I received the same letter and called Atlanta. They do not have any details on compensation yet.

We won't know if it's better to have a 14 or 15 until the comp details come out for our cars which is next.

The assumption is they will both arrive around the same time.

Jeff
Old 04-13-2014, 09:28 AM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 725 Likes on 340 Posts

Same letter
No vin
Canada
Old 04-13-2014, 11:40 AM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RUF RS
No Vin.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:34 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 309 Likes on 154 Posts

OK, thanks for posting all you 'no VIN' replies. It seems that EVERYTHING is ALL OVER THE PLACE. My car (with VIN, stuck at v260, and an original delivery date of May 16'th to Los Angeles Dealer) has been delayed, but THAT IS ALL I KNOW. Going back and re-reading Tim Quinn's email, mine was a little different. Mine ENDS like this:

"As soon as the new engine for your Porsche 911 GT3 is available, we will make contact with you again to make specific arrangements. Please be assured that we will document the installation of the new engine into your vehicle and will provide you with a certificate to this effect.

Furthermore, as a gesture of our appreciation for your loyalty to Porsche, we will apply an additional 12-month Porsche Approved warranty to your 991 GT3 which will commence upon the expiration of the normal Porsche New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Additionally, we wish to compensate you for your inability to drive your GT3 during this time. Our GT3 Concierge will be in touch with you shortly to discuss the specifics and will also be at your service for any other individual assistance you may need.

I apologize once again for the inconvenience caused by this issue and thank you for your patience."

So, mine says nothing about the 'start of production and delivery'......As v260 indicates 'vehicle entry into production', I'm guessing I'm one step ahead?? Who knows??? My dealer informed me that 'I expect the car here by July 1'st', but that is just a guess. I have not heard from Ian regarding anything.

Quick Reply: Moved MY2014 to MY2015