Attention!!! - GT3 Worldwide Action Action Group Letter to PAG & Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 11:35 PM
FL Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 2000 for US customers

for those who have taken delivery, is the 2,000 / month in addition to:

1. loaner car (or 100 per day in lieu of loaner)
2. loan or lease payment being made by PCNA
Thank you
Old 05-08-2014, 11:51 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FL Porsche
for those who have taken delivery, is the 2,000 / month in addition to: 1. loaner car (or 100 per day in lieu of loaner) 2. loan or lease payment being made by PCNA Thank you
Has $100 per day in lieu of loaner been offered in the US???
Old 05-09-2014, 07:42 AM
alaint101
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Has $100 per day in lieu of loaner been offered in the US???
No. Some countries have been offered a per diem while other a monthly figure. It's just a matter of how you want to look at things. Of course, $100 per day is more than $2k per month...
Old 07-07-2014, 01:57 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

There has been some recent additional discussion on the private Action Group forum. Please check in if you have a moment. Thanks!
Old 07-07-2014, 06:52 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by <3mph
There has been some recent additional discussion on the private Action Group forum. Please check in if you have a moment. Thanks!
Roger that, Thanks 3mph
Old 07-08-2014, 02:37 AM
Sierra Mike
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Default U.S Porsche Macan Buyers Offered Cayman and Boxster Leases While Awaiting Delivery

LOS ANGELES -- The new Porsche Macan crossover already is sold out for this year, so the company is trying to keep potential Macan buyers -- most of them new to the brand -- happy by putting them in other Porsche vehicles during the wait.

U.S. buyers of the Macan, which went on sale in May, face a wait of more than six months for delivery, Detlev von Platen, CEO of Porsche Cars North America, said at a media event here.

But that presents a problem for Porsche and its dealers: How to ease disappointment for the waiting Macan buyer? The answer: Very short-term leases on other Porsches -- Boxster or Cayman sports cars -- to bridge the wait for the vehicle the customer really wants. The open-ended leases run until the buyer's Macan arrives, whether that's six months or more.

"I hate to have customers who don't know Porsche to visit for the first time a Porsche dealership, prepare to enter the family and then get an answer from the dealer, 'Oh, yes, we'd love to have you, but you have to wait six or seven months to get your order,'" von Platen said.

About 80 percent of Macans are expected to be sold to first-time Porsche buyers, he said. The short-term lease program, however, is open to anyone who puts in a firm order for the Macan.

Porsche is seeing positive response to the program, which just launched, von Platen said. But he said it's too early to provide numbers for how many Macan buyers are taking Porsche up on the short-term leases, which are offered at a monthly cost comparable to what they'd pay for a Macan. The Macan starts at $50,895, the Boxster at $52,395, and the Cayman at $53,595. All prices include shipping.

Porsche sold 1,263 Macans in the United States last month. Supply constraints will limit the Macan's full-year U.S. sales to less than 10,000 in 2014, von Platen said. Depending on how demand holds up, U.S. sales could reach 18,000 annually as soon as next year, he said.

Porsche's Leipzig, Germany, plant is currently set up to build 50,000 Macans a year, but Porsche could boost that number if demand continues to be strong.

While the short-term leases are intended to improve satisfaction for waiting customers, the program also could temporarily help sales for the Boxster and Cayman, two of Porsche's lower-volume products, and provide dealerships with low-mileage used cars.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...ther-porsches#

He seems to have forgotten about his GT3 customers.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:27 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Hey PAG, I'm preparing to enter the Porsche family too, and I have to wait over a year from when my order locked . Think I might be a just a wee little disappointed? Guess I shoulda bought a Macan for about a third of the price... What's that you say? Oh right, I should just be happy there's no increase in price--special deal just for me. Bah!
Old 07-08-2014, 08:31 AM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I put a deposit on my 911/50 over 2 years before I received it and before it was even announced. Good things happen to those that wait. In fact, waiting can sometimes be part of the fun.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:37 AM
<3mph
Drifting

I'm waiting and waiting... But I'm pretty annoyed at how Porsche is now over-the-top catering to Macan owners--salt in the wound. Just sayin'.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:42 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by <3mph
I'm waiting and waiting... But I'm pretty annoyed at how Porsche is now over-the-top catering to Macan owners--salt in the wound. Just sayin'.
Since a lot of Macan owners are new to the brand...and since Boxsters and Caymans are not flying off the lots, it's a way to at least hook these new customers on to the brand. Plus, it's not like it's a free loaner! They're still leasing them, after all!

But, at the same time, as a GT3 owner...especially as an owner in the US...it does make me further wonder in frustration why we've suddenly been left with the least compensation among the 991 GT3 faithful? Ugh.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:03 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OQ991, agree with you completely. We can of course vote with our wallets and not take the cars and tell our dealers we will never by another Porsche again, but we all know that Dog does not hunt!!
Old 07-08-2014, 03:50 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 571 Posts

I'm Cat A, and I received my car back two weeks ago. I've just received a mail package from Porsche regarding compensation. It's $2K/month (prorated) and 1 extra year of warranty, but no reimbursement for warranty lost when the car was parked. So basically the same deal as we expected.

It's positioned entirely as a good will gesture to maintain our loyalty and satisfaction, almost as a favor... There is a release form, but the form, in my understanding after a brief read, only means that we cannot demand buy back if we take compensation, and only due to the engine replacement (so still can ask for buy back if something else goes wrong). I'll give it a more attentive reading once I get back from work.

I expected as much, but it's still upsetting that Porsche decided to treat its customers this way.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:42 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
I'm Cat A, and I received my car back two weeks ago. I've just received a mail package from Porsche regarding compensation. It's $2K/month (prorated) and 1 extra year of warranty, but no reimbursement for warranty lost when the car was parked. So basically the same deal as we expected. It's positioned entirely as a good will gesture to maintain our loyalty and satisfaction, almost as a favor... There is a release form, but the form, in my understanding after a brief read, only means that we cannot demand buy back if we take compensation, and only due to the engine replacement (so still can ask for buy back if something else goes wrong). I'll give it a more attentive reading once I get back from work. I expected as much, but it's still upsetting that Porsche decided to treat its customers this way.
Thanks, Max. Well--there we go. Confirmation that PCNA / PAG did not increase our comp a penny. Not even an additional voucher for parts / service / driving experience.

Ugh.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:04 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 70 Posts

More importantly, nothing from PAG or PCNA explaining why European GT3 owners get almost twice as much in compensation than NA owners. This despite assurances from Porsche representatives that an explanation or an additional compensation package may be forthcoming.

What I don't get is why Porsche ignores a fundamental principle of customer satisfaction; to treat customers fairly and equally.

To stave off a gathering storm, Porsche needs to understand it will not take much more to satisfy most of us. But damn it they must do something and not ignore us.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:14 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 70 Posts

I just received written confirmation that the additional one year warranty also includes 100,000 miles.

Quick Reply: Attention!!! - GT3 Worldwide Action Action Group Letter to PAG & Dealers