Sponsored by:

Hoosiers

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 09:39 AM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Sparten. Thanks for that. The factory wing has two settings and comes from factory on the least aggressive. If the wing is set to the more aggressive setting will that help in high speed cornering stability?
Thanks Macca. We ran the stock rear wing in the more aggressive position at Daytona & Sebring and found it made a small difference. This is all very subjective though. Didn't see an increase in lap times like the crawford but we did notice it. It's better than nothing I recommend you try it next time you are at the track and see what you think.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:45 AM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Macca
Guys thanks for all of this. With the news this morning on the new RS I think there will be a real demand for an aesthetically acceptable ing solution for the 991 GT3. Paired with a lightweight battery some shims a geo some Trofeo R the difference around a track will be negligible...
Agreed. For the street I prefer the stock GT3 wing actually.

We are on the list or a new RS but won't pull the trigger until I figure out a tire that will work with the stagger setup (20F and 21R). As soon as they post actual specs and tire brand I can figure it out. Its all about rolling diameter difference front to rear not the actual diameter. Keep the difference close to stock and you should be fine just like in the GT3.

Will not purchase an RS unless you can put proper track rubber on it!!
Old 03-03-2015, 10:27 AM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MileHigh911
Well, a late night email to Crawford, and he has come up with this idea!!

I want!!! Thanks for doing this looks much better than what I have. Will call crawford today
Old 03-03-2015, 10:39 AM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

I have received several PM's about the setup on the car. Its not a secret so here it is. Please note the car is still driven on the street so compromises are made.

Front camber 2.5
Rear camber 2.3
Front toe zero
Rear tow two degrees in
Castor - will add when I get the numbers
Ride height - will add exact measurement from factory measurement points

PMNA recommended we drop the car 10mm all around last year. We dropped the front around 15 (as far as we could safely go on the collar) and 10mm in the rear to give the car some rake (1 to 1.5 %) to help with the rear wing. A larger rear wing will induce some push and squat at throttle track out. The rake helped with that. Ultimattely you must setup the car in a way that makes you feel confident at the track.

Whomever is setting up the car make sure the key is in the ignition and turned "on" when adjusting rear toe. The RWS cycles and centers itself. This allows accurate rear toe settings.

We found the car was poorly aligned when it was new so if you are tracking even with a bone stock car it might be worth having it checked. Rear toe is really critical with the RWS. We did one day at Daytona with the rear toe messed up and it made a huge difference.

Hope this helps
Old 03-03-2015, 10:43 AM
jasonfreed
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartan
I want!!! Thanks for doing this looks much better than what I have. Will call crawford today
Please get two sets!!!!
Old 03-03-2015, 01:33 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

If you guys are thinking about a bigger wing its probably worth getting with gt2urbo. He's working with Getty Design to get cup decklids made. Then you can slap a cup wing or something more like this on it and it will look a lot more natural than the stacked wing supports of the Crawford.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:46 PM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bigkraig
If you guys are thinking about a bigger wing its probably worth getting with gt2urbo. He's working with Getty Design to get cup decklids made. Then you can slap a cup wing or something more like this on it and it will look a lot more natural than the stacked wing supports of the Crawford.
+1, though the Cup wing is a little too big for my taste. You'd probably have to add a massive amount of new aero up front.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:47 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Very cool thanks. Hopefully he will post up some pictures when he gets his kit. Having the wing mounted directly to the chassis like the cup is always much better than the tail base. I agree it will look better as well.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:57 PM
RobertR1
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 43 Posts

Spartan,

what was the lap time difference for you between hoosiers and mpsc2? and which tracks?
Old 03-03-2015, 05:41 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartan
Very cool thanks. Hopefully he will post up some pictures when he gets his kit. Having the wing mounted directly to the chassis like the cup is always much better than the tail base. I agree it will look better as well.
One thing though. Does the Cup deck lid have a vent in it, like the RS, where as the GT3 vent is in the bumper.
Also, stacked wings have been used in the past.

Old 03-03-2015, 05:45 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The stacked wing has been used in the past. One thing I like about the Crawford wing, it can be easily removed, in about 10 minutes. I would like to see Spartan get those newer style aluminum uprights.....I think it will look good .
Old 03-05-2015, 12:31 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 174 Posts

That will be a $7k solution just for aesthetics, the Crawford solution is just as good for less than $3k. TEHO, but I've looked into cup deck and wing from Getty for my .2 and it was going to be at least that much, plus you can't put it back to stock easily. If you're a real racer fast is beautiful and I would use the Crawford only at the track where the extra speed would indeed look beautiful at a very fair price.

Quick Reply: Hoosiers