Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why no GT3 RS for me, why try to sell me things I dont want-venting

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 04:57 PM
tgil
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I probably will never own an RS, and without driving one I think I would love it, but I say keep the Halo/Status/Exclusiivity as rare and low production as Porche can for the benefit of the GT model and those that own them or will own them.
I feel the same for the new R model. It's a modern tribute to the past. Let the VIPs/918 owners get them.
The specific car and economy also has some impact on lower production and/or more collectible cars.
Markets go up and down so some will pop up for sale over time, maybe at a reasonable price relative to the car.
Also, isn't affordability and low/lower production numbers common for many brands?
Old 12-30-2015, 05:12 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

With all the complaining going on about "stealerships" out there, is there anyone who was on a list, knew where they were on the pecking order then found out someone lower on the list received an allocation? Just curious.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:08 PM
Gotboost?
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
So, I've purchased 3 to 4 911's from my dealer in the past. They put me on the "list" with a deposit for an RS and a GT3 with a deposit and signed purchase order. So now I'm finding out there is no list and I am to judged as being worthy?????

A little confused here.

There is a list. Any good dealer will keep a list based on when the deposits were received. If you are a repeat customer, you might get some preferential treatment on your place on the list.

Just out of curiosity, how did you sign a purchase order without a VIN# ? A purchase order without a VIN# isn't binding in most states.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:13 PM
lumber
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

What you're discovering is not all dealers have a list... This isn't black friday at best buy.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:55 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 423 Likes on 251 Posts

Too many Porsche afficionados upset
RS will be extended 4sure and who paid over MSRP will get burnt
Old 12-30-2015, 08:27 PM
Gotboost?
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My guess is that we will see a 991.2 GT3 for model year 2018 and RS in 2019. The only question is whether it will be NA or not.

The specialty car market in general is pretty crazy if you ask me. Have you seen what the 458 Speciale's have been selling for? It's just not the RS market.

I'm just glad my RS is on it's way in January. How long I can resist selling it in this market is another story...
Old 12-30-2015, 08:46 PM
Just in time
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

I am lucky to have dealt with the same dealership for over a decade. My Sales GM has a "list." The list is actually a $0.99 notepad with the names and phones of those who have requested allocations. I did get a GT3 at MSRP after being on the list for almost a year. Did not even bother to put myself for an R. His R list is as long as a phone book. Some dealers see this action and ask themselves hey why not over MSRP. We, the Pcar owners, are to a certain extent to blame for this debacle. Our desperation to get our paws on the first ones off the boat is feeding this crazy price frenzy.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:28 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,401 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by Gotboost?
My guess is that we will see a 991.2 GT3 for model year 2018 and RS in 2019. The only question is whether it will be NA or not.

The specialty car market in general is pretty crazy if you ask me. Have you seen what the 458 Speciale's have been selling for? It's just not the RS market.

I'm just glad my RS is on it's way in January. How long I can resist selling it in this market is another story...
Yep- you would think we are in a "boom" economy. It is petty nuts considering the volatile global marketplace. You would think they would be pumping out all these high demand cars.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:48 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
Too many Porsche afficionados upset
RS will be extended 4sure and who paid over MSRP will get burnt
That would be sweet.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:59 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
With all the complaining going on about "stealerships" out there, is there anyone who was on a list, knew where they were on the pecking order then found out someone lower on the list received an allocation? Just curious.
I have a feeling this is happening to me but no proof yet.
Old 12-31-2015, 01:38 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by Gotboost?
There is a list. Any good dealer will keep a list based on when the deposits were received. If you are a repeat customer, you might get some preferential treatment on your place on the list.

Just out of curiosity, how did you sign a purchase order without a VIN# ? A purchase order without a VIN# isn't binding in most states.
Without a vin. Dealer is a very reputable dealer though and have purchased a number of cars there.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:12 AM
rsuk
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
The way to solve the problem is to make RS like old RS.

No stitching, no lift, no leather, add AC. No radio/nav.

Do you want one, choose between white or white. Make it fancy. Blue or red stickers???

Keep heritage of RS and no turbo buyer liked RS. At the moment you can use RS like a turbo. Thats why I wait for "cup edition" Hopefully it sucks on the way to Whole foods. That will make me smile.
Some say that you have to pile turbo, Macan, cayenne and boxter to be able to buy RS. That's Ferrari. Not Porsche.
you my friend speak the facts, as it is, not through lava tinted specs
Old 12-31-2015, 08:21 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by rsuk
you my friend speak the facts, as it is, not through lava tinted specs
Lol,

Porsche is obviously doing great with the new RS. Long line of people waiting and paying over MSRP. Same with gt3/gt4.
So, I'm wrong in that sense. But, and a big but.
There is room for a more extreme RS in their lineup.
Now they are shifting sale from turbo to GT models. And add to that, we think we can drive these cars for free and even make money doing it. Anyone see that continuing?
Old 12-31-2015, 12:51 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 423 Likes on 251 Posts

Worth to mention Porsche doesn t get a buck of those over MSRP
nor majority of official dealers worldwide
Only profit for PAG and Dealers is to have more cars to sell
so the pressure to extend RS prod has been very high from what i was told
Old 12-31-2015, 10:54 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,815 Likes on 2,174 Posts

We'll know in the next 3-6 months if there will be 2017 RSs.

Quick Reply: Why no GT3 RS for me, why try to sell me things I dont want-venting