Sponsored by:

OT: Ford GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 02:32 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Shark
Even if they put $100k down and get 6% financing for 10 years that is a $4,100 a month payment......there won"t be many you tubers being able to swing that
Originally Posted by Nelson1400
Say that to Captainsparklez (the Minecraft youtuber with 10 millions subs that got one) who made enough $$$ to buy a 4M$ house in Beverly Hills.

Shmee150 got one

and yes, some YouTubers make millions. Shmee seems to make enough to have a small fleet of sports and exotic cars...
Old 07-29-2016, 02:41 PM
991gtR
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

what a joke IMO. just because he went to le mans with ford and he bought a focus rs. A damn minecraft you-tuber got one as well. Bye ford have fun with the new age customers. terrible way to give out allocations. have you seen shmee drive. he a grandma.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:48 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Andy Frisella got one too. young(er) with a big social media following.

https://www.instagram.com/andyfrisella/

Old 07-29-2016, 03:02 PM
991gtR
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

well atleast he has a few ford gt's but still a Dbag IMO . shmee though rather see salomondrin get one to review . I'm younger but i wouldn't send a vid in... That was a turn off ... Doing a donut is serious business ...
Old 07-29-2016, 03:07 PM
Nelson1400
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 991gtR
well atleast he has a few ford gt's shmee though XD rather see salomondrin get one to review
That's why he didn't get one. Ford is scared to see how the GT will perform vs. others cars around Thermal on Banging Gears. And he all know that Salomondrin ain't scared to say that the GT is $hit. Judging by what he said about Pagani...
Old 07-29-2016, 03:07 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Name:  Ford collection.jpg
Views: 3345
Size:  972.9 KB

So who can ever say I don't bleed blue? I've been a Ford supporter for 25 years and bought multiple vehicles from them, track them, race them, helped sponsor the Matech GTs at LeMans and race a Mustang 5.0 in in the AER with a team. I am active on at least 2 Ford Forums including the GT forum. The majority of my vehicles are Fords and always have been and my loyalty has extended beyond just owning a Ford GT and be a part of the FGT family.

Very disappointed that I haven't even heard from them yet and from what I have seen its access, VIP and brown nosing not overall loyalty. I guess at this juncture its safe to say I'm in the "Dear John" group. My mistake thinking loyalty is a two way street.

Some of the picks they made I can understand and agree with.... others, well, ......as I said very disappointed and dare say disgusted.

Oh, thats right, forgot.. I don't have a huge internet following.

Just makes my decision to go with the new GT2RS in 2018 even easier.

Sigh.

Last edited by Waxer; 02-09-2021 at 11:33 PM.
Old 07-29-2016, 03:13 PM
laranja
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Let's face facts, Ford *wants* young Instagram douches
and YouTubers to have the FordGT
because it gets oh, 1000X more exposure
than if an enthusiast / collector on Forums
has one.

They basically targeted those people
and it's part of their brand marketing.

It's just the lower-brow form of marketing
that Porsche practices with the 911R.

Ford needs the Focus ST buyer and
Fusion buyer and C-Max buyer
and Mustang buyer
to relate to their lighthouse super car.

And those eyeballs are on instagram
and FB and Youtube.
Old 07-29-2016, 03:14 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

^^^^ that's a sweet collection. go drive one of them to cheer yourself up
Old 07-29-2016, 03:15 PM
laranja
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

BTW Waxer - great cars & great pic.

You could be YUGE on Instagram
Old 07-29-2016, 03:52 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

shmee150 has actually done a video describing how some of his $ comes from investments etc. however, you have to give props to him for his youtube channel.. he was just one of those kids who was chasing london supercars when the arabs would come for the summer holidays.. and he stuck with it long enough to make it happen for himself. makes a lot of sense that he would get a GT
Old 07-29-2016, 04:14 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Still can't stand that lisp of his though.... effin annoying.

@Waxer... wow w/ envy! Suweeeet stable! I know you're not a big fan of the new GT350 but that driveway would even look better with an R there... just sayin.

And yeah... I'd go after a GT2RS anytime anyday anyway.
Old 07-29-2016, 04:14 PM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
Attachment 1075244

So who can ever say I don't bleed blue? I've been a Ford supporter for 25 years and bought multiple vehicles from them, track them, race them, helped sponsor the Matech GTs at LeMans and race a Mustang 5.0 in in the AER with a team. I am active on at least 2 Ford Forums including the GT forum. The majority of my vehicles are Fords and always have been and my loyalty has extended beyond just owning a Ford GT and be a part of the FGT family.

Very disappointed that I haven't even heard from them yet and from what I have seen its access, VIP and brown nosing not overall loyalty. I guess at this juncture its safe to say I'm in the "Dear John" group. My mistake thinking loyalty is a two way street.

Some of the picks they made I can understand and agree with.... others, well, ......as I said very disappointed and dare say disgusted.

Andy Fraisella? Young big money guy with internet following that does a "Fyuck yea" video doing donuts. He gets one? Any monkey can put the go peddle to the floor and do donuts. Aside from two trophy FGTs where his is loyalty over the years as far as other Ford vehicles, racing them and using them? When was the last time he did an 18 hour endurance race in a 5.0 Mustang? I just did one two weeks ago and included my AER participation info in my application.

Oh, thats right, forgot.. I don't have a huge internet following.

Just makes my decision to go with the new GT2RS in 2018 even easier.

Sigh.
Wow, after seeing your stable I asked my friend how he got approved for the new GT after owning just ONE ford product. He finally confessed that he is related somewhere to the Ford family. If it's any consolation, my friend has owned 50 plus Ferraris and was turned down in 2004 for the Enzo and last year rejected for the LaFerrari. I guess you can't have everything.
Old 07-29-2016, 07:56 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Waxer, after seeing the guys here who got them, did you send your gt to Europe with theach guys off of the forum that did? What about the Detroit event?
Old 07-29-2016, 09:08 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by nxfedlt1
Waxer, after seeing the guys here who got them, did you send your gt to Europe with theach guys off of the forum that did? What about the Detroit event?
Thanks guys.

Just perplexed I haven't heard anything. Maybe they lost my applicatoin?????

I would have loved to go to Europe and all the rallies but unfortuntately I'm just a working stiff and time off is tough. As a trial lawyer many times my schedule is not my own. It of course occured to me that that would "improve" my odds but I just don't have the time. Oh well.

I thought about going to Europe but it was bumping up against a court trial in June that couldn't be put off that had to be handled. Alot of those guys have more time on their hands than I do. Not complaining but its just my life.

My last 10 day vacation was 2 years ago. Ugh.

I try and take some long weekends when I can but its tough. Spend 1/2 my weekends working anyway.

On the bright side, my Porsche tech friend is coming tomorrow to help with the install of my center bypass from Competition Motorsports on the RS!!!! Can't wait to hear it!
Old 08-01-2016, 12:06 AM
ByeEnzo
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 79 Posts

I'm an original owner of an '05 FGT. 46K miles on my machine. Just spent the afternoon under the car changing the oil.
I got an allocation for the new FGT.
Now comes the part about deciding what to sell to fund this adventure! My orange pumpkin 08 GT3RS may have to go. Can't stand the thought of parting with my CGT...too iconic.
I just got a GT4 in Gulf Blue and I'm doing a partial wrap with Gulf graphics. First World problems.

Quick Reply: OT: Ford GT