Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 03:23 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Exactly, if you are getting the 2k a month and the loaner and a year of warranty, trust me, you are NOT getting a 2015.

Both Clocked and jcblk3 have been issued VINs, just look at the 10th digit guys. It is an E right? 2014

Unless Porsche has elected to build you a second car; one can hope I guess. Let me know
Old 04-17-2014, 03:30 PM
jcblk3
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sold my 07 GT3 in Feb. right before the stop sale expecting to have the car right about now. Dealer has 80k of mine done a courtesy trade and I have no car as it's just getting nice in the North East. Bad timing on my part. Wish I still had the 07 and could forget about this fiasco.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:05 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

0Q991 agree 100% with you. But as of today one side of the mouth has told me your 2014 will never be completed you have a 2015 and the other side of the mouth is telling me you have a 2014 that was completed on 4/15.

Who is telling the truth???
Old 04-17-2014, 05:17 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Clocked
0Q991 agree 100% with you. But as of today one side of the mouth has told me your 2014 will never be completed you have a 2015 and the other side of the mouth is telling me you have a 2014 that was completed on 4/15. Who is telling the truth???
Absolutely--I fully understand your point.

The issue--while on the surface seems to be about compensation--is NOT the compensation. That's merely a byproduct. The key issue that has all of us so riled up is being treated like fools. It's them NOT being transparent or even remotely so. It's them NOT being forthcoming. The compensation, scope of it, size of it, etc.--to the extent it is not consistent across regions, ownership classes, that is adding insult to injury.

Do you agree?
Old 04-17-2014, 06:54 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
Late, drive it to Beverly Hills and check out the hooters.
25k easy miles on the loaner is never a problem. My loaner had only 1000 interesting miles on it despite the all season tires.
I tried my best to remove all the evidence of such miles, but as you can see from picture below, traces were still left showing 7777 (my lucky number which belongs to my GT3). If It was not for the GT3, I would not have been able to sample the family beast in such manner
Attached Images  

Last edited by mqandil; 04-17-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:01 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

Why not? If they give you a loaner, they should expect you to use it as if it was your GT3.

I assume they didn't request the tires and brakes not be fully utilized?
Old 04-17-2014, 09:55 PM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

Has anyone's car gone V290 here on the forum and then stopped? Does anyone know what

CT-Assembly is?
Old 04-18-2014, 02:15 AM
Clocked
Racer

Not sure anyone has seen this. It is on the Porsche press web sight. You can't drive these cars due to the inability to make a engine that works and they get this award? Who did they pay off?
Fifth generation 911 GT3 takes top honors

Atlanta. At a ceremony at the New York Auto Show this morning, the Porsche 911 GT3 was named the 2014 World Performance Car.

The World Car Awards (WCA) are presented annually in four categories – Car Design, Green Car, Performance Car and Car of the Year. Winners are determined by an international panel of 69 automotive journalists from 22 countries. Jurors are appointed by the World Car Awards’ Steering Committee based on automotive expertise, experience, credibility and influence.

“To be chosen as the winner of the World Performance Car by this global jury is extremely rewarding,” said Detlev von Platen, president and CEO of Porsche Cars North America. “Each generation of the 911 GT3 epitomizes our vision of the ultimate pure bred, track ready sports car. And our newest iteration is no exception. To be elected against such formidable competitors by a large number of auto experts pays a huge compliment to our designers and engineers.”

Since the inception of the World Car of the Year Awards, Porsche has won World Performance Car three time; for the Boxster and Cayman 2013, 911 in 2012 and for the Cayman, again, in 2006. The fifth-generation 911 GT3 is the latest top performing naturally aspirated 911 from Porsche. Completely redesigned, it is lighter, more powerful and more fuel efficient than its predecessor. A wider front track and advanced technology like active rear wheel steering enhance the driving experience.

Delivering 475 hp, the 3.8-liter horizontally opposed rear mounted 6-cylinder engine is mated to a seven-speed Porsche-Doppelkupplingsgetriebe (PDK) transmission which drives the rear wheels. Acceleration from zero to 60 mph is just 3.3 seconds and top track speed is 195 mph. The 911 GT3 MSRP in the U.S. is $130,400, not including a $995 destination charge.

More pictures are located on our press site here: http://press.porsche.com/media/galle...rformance+Car/

About Porsche Cars North America

Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA), based in Atlanta, Ga. is the exclusive U.S. importer of Porsche sports cars, including the Macan and Cayenne SUVs and the Panamera sports sedan. Established in 1984, it is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Porsche AG, which is headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany, and employs approximately 270 people who provide parts, service, marketing and training for 189 dealers. They, in turn, work to provide Porsche customers with a best-in-class experience that is in keeping with the brand’s 66-year history and leadership in the advancement of vehicle performance, safety, and efficiency.

At the core of this success is Porsche's proud racing heritage that boasts some 30,000 motorsport wins to date.

Connect with us socially: http://www.twitter.com/Porsche, http://www.Facebook.com/Porsche, http://drive.porsche.com/us and http://www.instagram.com/Porsche

For Porsche apps: http://www.porsche.com/usa/entertainment/apps/

Note: Photos and video footage are available to accredited journalists on the Porsche Press Database at http://press.porsche.com/

Article posted on: Apr 17, 2014
Old 04-18-2014, 03:07 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

unbelievable! They shouldn't be allowed to accept this under the current circumstances....
Old 04-18-2014, 03:48 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
unbelievable! They shouldn't be allowed to accept this under the current circumstances....
I can't believe this. This is truly shameful. They should be embarrassed accepting the award. Mark
Old 04-18-2014, 05:22 AM
steveyin
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Cyrek
Has anyone's car gone V290 here on the forum and then stopped? Does anyone know what

CT-Assembly is?
My first post here on Rennlist and I hope the upload works. I actually have a build schedule that Ian at PCNA had sent me a couple of weeks ago. (Hope the pdf upload can be read.) It showed my car has gone V270 on 2/26 and then stopped. When I asked about the revised June 6th delivery, he said that could change again. Not sure if this helps or not?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
P_VMS_Print[1].pdf (14.7 KB, 232 views)
Old 04-18-2014, 08:04 AM
Fadi1
Pro

Common guys enough bad blood...the car is great and all the reviews prove that. There is also a reason why the majority of those who have one delivered, waiting at port or in production are still hanging on. For the performance and thrill it provides it's a bargain. Let's not forget that
Old 04-18-2014, 09:57 AM
Clocked
Racer

Steveyin. I would suggest you ask Ian or call your dealer today and ask for an update. Your info says your car should be at the port. Can you post what you find out? Several of us are in the same position and getting different answers.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:29 AM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by steveyin
My first post here on Rennlist and I hope the upload works. I actually have a build schedule that Ian at PCNA had sent me a couple of weeks ago. (Hope the pdf upload can be read.) It showed my car has gone V270 on 2/26 and then stopped. When I asked about the revised June 6th delivery, he said that could change again. Not sure if this helps or not?
I wonder why these don't match? What the hell is "CT-Assembly"
Attached Images  
Old 04-18-2014, 10:54 AM
Sierra Mike
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Fadi1
Common guys enough bad blood...the car is great and all the reviews prove that. There is also a reason why the majority of those who have one delivered, waiting at port or in production are still hanging on. For the performance and thrill it provides it's a bargain. Let's not forget that
The car that won the award technically doesn't exist and nobody has driven the car with the new engine so how does that work?

The car should have been withdrawn from consideration but this just highlights how incestuous the automotive industry is. It's good for Porsche PR but the award blatantly lacks credibility and so does the Committee. Just wait till Porsche get the PR machine going once the cars start hitting the road again. It's not a bad thing but at least be honest.

Unfortunately this isn't about integrity, it's about money.

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?