991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Old 04-24-2014, 02:34 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks TomTom77. Appreciate the correction and update. It does appear the goal posts continue to move for you over in the UAE. Talk about adding insult to injury! Im sure you have it under control but really you wouldn't know you are dealing with representative's of the largest car manufacturer in the world (VAG) - or maybe you would! Keep us posted...
Old 04-24-2014, 06:24 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

http://www.streetinsider.com/Press+R...l/9405873.html
Old 04-24-2014, 07:24 AM
TomTom77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great story. Well balanced too. This one is clearly portraying Porsche's screw-up and doesn't picture us as a bunch of spoiled, money craving, clients.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:44 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,726 Likes on 2,165 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTom77
Great story. Well balanced too. This one is clearly portraying Porsche's screw-up and doesn't picture us as a bunch of spoiled, money craving, clients.

No offense intended, but try reading the article as an outsider who can't afford a GT3. A hundred or few hundred affluent/rich guys can't drive their expensive cars due to a safety issue and don't know when they'll be able to because the manufacturer is still working on it, and most are being offered compensation for the delay, but are upset that the compensation isn't equal. Meanwhile, millions of people around the world/globe are struggling with poverty, famine, illness, violence, etc. IMO, you guys are indeed risking sounding like "a bunch of spoiled, money craving, clients."
Old 04-24-2014, 08:45 AM
Jeff Kay
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In reading these web based messages i am left to wonder.. How much of these SERVICE issues, Nick Murray or Jimmy's ceramic brakes are issues stemming from the dealer and the end user and not Porsche Headquarters. People, myself included, will develop a relationship with the dealer or people that work within these dealership and be treated differently based on that relationship. It IS THE WAY OF THE WORLD. I recently posted something in the 6speed forum speaking indirectly to this. I do feel people should be treated fairly and consistently however the world just does not work that way truth to be told and when one is left "out to dry" on that side of the track it sucks! People have their own way of being heard and some just quietly disappear into the horizon...SHANE COME BACK...
either way Porsche has a tough one on their hands now..While i've had 5 Pcars and the 3rd one in was bought back buy their customer commitment dept not thru arbitration i was left feeling whole and happy. I hated the CS at mercedes but loved the CS i got at my BMW dealer. Hated service at the jeep dealer until recently on my wives overland grand cherokee but up till than it stunk. and the list goes on. Just as with health reform or Obama care here in the States we are now faced with a virtual world and information travels as fast as turning on and off light switches. With health reform here in the states it will eventually force our citizens into a true health reform government controlled health care. "we" won't be able to afford health care and all Obama truly did was reset the stopwatch to get to the end game of health reform. Im not highly educated on this topic but we all know where it is heading.. If "we" as customers push to hard to squeeze all the juice out of the orange can we be certain that their will always be more oranges to squeeze behind it. Trickle down changing in the service shops and the reps of PNA or AG will be reformed and is this what we truly WANT?
Which issues is real, which is a pain in the *** customer, which is one with buyers remorse and so on...I would tend to think people buying the P brand all the issues are real...We would all like to think of selves as not pain in the *** customers and i would venture out to say that buyers remorse would rank low on the scale of what represents the P car buyer.
I would think however that we are all pretty meticulous when it comes to our car, our pride of driving the P car, and I do feel people that buy P cars are pretty much not into being in the lime light so to speak or we would be driving different exotics, or different cars that gobble up attention. If one is buying a 911 (turbo or S GT3 etc to be even more specific) the options are limitless at 150-225K we could buy most brands top of the line car. Maybe 2 or 3 of the same model with 3 different variants and or colors. I do get the desire for consistency especially if 1 finds themselves on the socially inept end that doesn't know how to deal with people with respect and apply what is logically mandated in certain moments. Are you the customer that goes into the service dept knowing what you deserve and knows how to get it mild mannered? Are you loud and obnoxious - possibly not loud or obnoxious but persistent even when being loud and stern are mandated.. I believe we all get what we would give or do give..Unfortunate for the person that finds themselves standing on the side line that hasn't grown up in the line of assertiveness...and i believe that is where most would find themselves at this point benefiting from this campaign this group is pushing towards.
I get it from all ends.. I DO believe Porsche will put much thought, if they haven't already, for exactly this kind of class action "threat" ...I believe are 2 steps ahead of 99% of anything "we" could come up with.. Fortunately for all of "us" if we are part of this and most likely impacted one way or another from this we are a blessed group. Being assertive, prudent, and sending a message is part of the deal. Seeing this from all ends I do feel most if not very close to everyone impacted directly by this GT3 ordeal will be made whole. just saying...GO BLUE

Last edited by Jeff Kay; 04-24-2014 at 08:50 AM. Reason: left a thought hanging
Old 04-24-2014, 08:53 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

excellent fair and well balanced article , speaks well of our groups purpose
Old 04-24-2014, 08:54 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold
No offense intended, but try reading the article as an outsider who can't afford a GT3. A hundred or few hundred affluent/rich guys can't drive their expensive cars due to a safety issue and don't know when they'll be able to because the manufacturer is still working on it, and most are being offered compensation for the delay, but are upset that the compensation isn't equal. Meanwhile, millions of people around the world/globe are struggling with poverty, famine, illness, violence, etc. IMO, you guys are indeed risking sounding like "a bunch of spoiled, money craving, clients."
Manifold. The world probably generally considers every one of us on this board as a " Porsche driving w*nker". It's a first world problem for sure. I think we are all a bit miffed that if it were the Macan and we were soccer mums we might be being treated better...
Old 04-24-2014, 09:37 AM
TomTom77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Manifold
Manifold, you are mostly right. I guess 99% of the world's population cannot afford a GT3. Or (wisely?) prefers a more sensible car for the same or less money.

Yet, Porsche as a company exists. And made 2.6B EUR profit in 2013, selling 155,000 cars to the top x% of the world population who does have the money and desire to buy them. Who are all "spoiled clients", one could argue. Because nobody needs a Porsche. Anywhere in the world. Plain and simple.

With this stop-drive, Porsche is screwing up the communication and client management, is backpedaling on their own commitments and offering (deemed) insufficient and illogical compensation to their (claimed) most loyal customer base. But if I follow your logic, we shouldn't complain about any of that, just consider ourselves lucky that we are able to afford a car like that.

Don't get me wrong. I do consider myself very, very lucky and also fully recognize that we're experiencing a typical First World problem, but I don't see why we should accept to be treated like this. Especially not by a company who has been selling cars to these "spoiled clients" ever since they started in 1931. And made truckloads of money doing so. If they want to play in the big (high-margin) league, they should accept the challenges that come with it. Which is dealing with vocal, mostly relatively smart, clients. If they don't and can't, that certainly teaches me a lesson...
Old 04-24-2014, 09:50 AM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

+1 TomTom

I try to avoid getting drawn into the "Successful people should pay more (taxes, for healthcare, etc.) debates," whatever happened to good old fashioned capitalism where you could work hard (physically or mentally), be proud of it and enjoy the fruits of your labor without the entire system coming knocking for a bigger piece of your pie.

Ryan
Old 04-24-2014, 09:56 AM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

Manifold, I sort of understand where you are coming from but as TomTom77 politely put it, Porsche made them, someone bought them.
It's all gone wrong and Porsche are not dealing with it as well as they might.

Don't forget, the money trickles down from the top.

For every 991 GT3 that is sold an income is provided to the men and women that built them, they spend their money on a VW Golf or whatever and groceries and it continues to trickle down the line to the charitable donations to help those in need in the third world.

With regards to compensation, why should this not be paid. if you are let down by any company you expect some form of compensation and the more money involved the higher the compensation.
As a Brit, if they have not been offered anything, thats quit alarming if its true.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:33 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,382 Likes on 719 Posts

Fortunately or unfortunately both Manifold and TomTom77 are correct. There is no doubt we risk looking like spoiled children and you can argue we do/are; but Porsche has made a living off this clientele base and can not just turn a blind eye when the going gets tough. You can not have your cake and eat it to
Old 04-24-2014, 10:45 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

TomTom, points well taken, and I'm not seeking to look at it from a political angle. Disgruntled GT3 guys putting pressure on Porsche to do some things differently is reasonable. It's when the issue gets into the media that I think a problem could arise, since there could be a perception that GT3 guys are looking for public sympathy and support. Of course, the media can also be used as a tool to increase pressure on Porsche, but IMO this tactic is a double-edge sword.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:06 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It could also turn Porsche To offer no compensation . Or maybe start issuing NDA before starting negations which I'm surprised they didn't--- then you guys are all held by the *****.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:20 PM
Dan39
Racer

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
It could also turn Porsche To offer no compensation . Or maybe start issuing NDA before starting negations which I'm surprised they didn't--- then you guys are all held by the *****.
No, they are not going to offer and then withdraw compensation.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:21 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

I'm not clear on what Porsche has offered, but if they've offered to take the cars back with full refund, I'm not sure the "Group" has much of a case. If you then decide to wait to get the car back, and Porsche offers compensation and/or a loaner car while you wait, that's gravy. Very likely plenty of people waiting in the wings willing to buy 2014 cars with new engines at MSRP in a few months, even more so if the cars have extended warranty.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stop Sale?