991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For GT3 Customers Awaiting Delivery

Old 03-25-2014, 10:34 AM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

^ totally agree. Good outcome. Now there's a new color..... metallic white....hmmmm
Old 03-25-2014, 10:35 AM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

I spoke with Ian moon yesterday and I'm not on the list for a 15. He indicated first priority for Porsche is delivered cars (understandable). A little pissy I even owe my dealer 2k$ over msrp for my 2014. Ian said no answers for two weeks. I'm happy for my fellow reninlisters moving to a 15's wish I was with you guys. Bright side for 15'ers is chance to examine the fix on the early cars as they will likely be back on road.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:45 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyrek
I spoke with Ian moon yesterday and I'm not on the list for a 15. He indicated first priority for Porsche is delivered cars (understandable). A little pissy I even owe my dealer 2k$ over msrp for my 2014. Ian said no answers for two weeks. I'm happy for my fellow reninlisters moving to a 15's wish I was with you guys. Bright side for 15'ers is chance to examine the fix on the early cars as they will likely be back on road.
Cyrek -- Ian's my rep also. When you spoke with him, did he give any details / indications on anything?

And +1 on your comment on those now pushed to 2015MY. The wait stinks, but for them, it's a situation where they can be fully confident that "the wait will be worth it." For us with 2014's, PAG's actions in the next couple of weeks will go a LONG way to help determine how "worth it" the wait and drama will be.

To put it simply--I want my car and I want to NOT feel like I was left out in the cold!
Old 03-25-2014, 10:59 AM
Cyrek
Pro

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Cyrek -- Ian's my rep also. When you spoke with him, did he give any details / indications on anything?

And +1 on your comment on those now pushed to 2015MY. The wait stinks, but for them, it's a situation where they can be fully confident that "the wait will be worth it." For us with 2014's, PAG's actions in the next couple of weeks will go a LONG way to help determine how "worth it" the wait and drama will be.

To put it simply--I want my car and I want to NOT feel like I was left out in the cold!
He made reference to deliverd cars being priority, I'm not on 2015 list, my dates have not changed and answer in 2 weeks....so Groundhog Day. He said if I want a 15 I need to negotiate with my dealer BTW if lucky my dealer sells 15 cars a month TOTAL. My odds of a 2015 are on par with a third term for Obama. My dealer is like woo hoo your cars going to be a 2014 and delivered on time. So I put in for my personalized plates

V2604EVR

Calgon take me away....
Old 03-25-2014, 11:27 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 223 Posts

Yeah i definitely think having a 2015 build is a good thing, but the problem is the wait. Delivered cars first, which is still a few weeks away from even having a plan, then cars on the production line, which you're after the delivered cars. So as a 2015 spot now, what is a reasonable expectation for having guidance and clarity? I'm guessing May sometime, just a guess I haven't heard from anyone at porsche.

The way I see it is porsche is going to handle us 2015 spot holders with the least sympathy which isn't wrong from a practical standpoint but like others have said, it's a business. They don't have anything vested with us,the 2014 cars on the line they have some vested interest in.

Jeff
Old 03-25-2014, 12:04 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
Yeah i definitely think having a 2015 build is a good thing, but the problem is the wait. Delivered cars first, which is still a few weeks away from even having a plan, then cars on the production line, which you're after the delivered cars. So as a 2015 spot now, what is a reasonable expectation for having guidance and clarity? I'm guessing May sometime, just a guess I haven't heard from anyone at porsche.

The way I see it is porsche is going to handle us 2015 spot holders with the least sympathy which isn't wrong from a practical standpoint but like others have said, it's a business. They don't have anything vested with us,the 2014 cars on the line they have some vested interest in.

Jeff

Agree with everyones comments. Im torn between I want a car now and 2015 is a good thing. I am expecting (hoping) for a June/July delivery now.
I may be smoking something though. If it comes sooner.... woo hoo! I think we should get some estimate dates back in the system in the next 30 days. No one told me that, it's just a hunch.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:09 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

I wish I were that optimistic. I just got off the phone with the Atlanta office.

They basically told me "we'll let you know when your car has a production date"

Thats it. No consolation prize...

I also asked, "so basically you're telling me I'm starting from scratch." she said "yes you are"

If we're lucky we get cars in September.

Jeff

Originally Posted by rubbaman
Agree with everyones comments. Im torn between I want a car now and 2015 is a good thing. I am expecting (hoping) for a June/July delivery now.
I may be smoking something though. If it comes sooner.... woo hoo! I think we should get some estimate dates back in the system in the next 30 days. No one told me that, it's just a hunch.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:27 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Rubbaman -- I've spoken with Jenny before. Very helpful and friendly--and does not rush you off the phone. Looks like things are moving along and the 2015 MY for pre production cars is very much materializing now. Congrats on the outcome--it may be more of a wait ahead, but having a 2015 MY and the fix done right on the line is a very good outcome.
This is who I just talked to. She was fantastic and very real about the situation. Props to her (ehem for those of the PNA eyes that happen to be staring at these posts) for being able to deal with our sourpuss demeanors lol.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:34 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
This is who I just talked to. She was fantastic and very real about the situation. Props to her (ehem for those of the PNA eyes that happen to be staring at these posts) for being able to deal with our sourpuss demeanors lol.
Yep, agreed!

PCNA / PAG should be well aware by now how the group of owners, specifically 2014 MY owners feel. To disenfranchise this group of Porsche / auto enthusiasts would negatively impact the brand and brand relationships more than some extra dollars and cents on their bottom line.

And, frankly, from an accounting standpoint (as a sub of a large publicly traded company), the losses involved could likely be written off as an extraordinary charge / loss, thereby not at all impacting the adjusted EPS used for earnings and trading valuation purposes. Not to mention that the overall figure to VAG is literally a rounding error for compensation packages to just 785 owners...
Old 03-25-2014, 02:19 PM
MyenShi
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
Delivered cars first, which is still a few weeks away from even having a plan, then cars on the production line, which you're after the delivered cars.
Delivered cars, then cars on the ground at port, then cars at the factory. The number of cars delivered and not in the US are about equal.

I believe cars at port are likely to be pushed through to dealers around the same time delivered cars are getting their motors, though I can't confirm that. The service manager believes the replacement motor (or motors) will arrive in June or so, though that is just his best guess from the conversations he's had with Porsche. He is a fairly conservative person, so I think that's a safe estimate. Might be sooner, might be later, though 3 months seems realistic to both my sales rep and I.

It's a matter of production capacity, time and attention spent on each motor, and when and how long they take to ship. Remember though, Porsche doesn't want to intentionally do this slower than needed. Every day that goes by costs them money and goodwill, as well as the potential to lose a customer.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:06 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Realistic appraisal is five months down, Feb-June. At best.

That's going to require some serious coin.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:18 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bluehinder

What is 5 months down?

Jeff
Old 03-25-2014, 03:19 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

My bad. Down time, no driving. Grounded. Fire risk.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:08 PM
MyenShi
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehinder

I wasn't counting the time already passed, but same difference. 5 months total, and about 3 months to go.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:39 PM
Cyrek
Pro

So what does happen to the cars on the factory floor, finish and deliver or wait for the 785 first? You would think some time would need to pass between 14 and 15 guys or WTF?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: For GT3 Customers Awaiting Delivery